Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I "Come to Realize" too?

Jumping on the bandwagon.

Me.

Over here.

Yes, you heard me. I'm a sucker for things like this.

Here it goes:

I’ve come to realize that my job. . .exhausts me. Why didn't anyone tell me that teaching hundreds of kids would drain-you majorly? With that said, it still is "fun" at times and realize that I'm making a difference.

I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving. . .I don't pay a lot of attention. Did I just admit that out loud?

I’ve come to realize that I need. . .to accept that video games are in my life forever thanks to a husband who finds them all-so-enjoyable.

I’ve come to realize that I have lost. . .part of my memory...due to pregnancy. Seriously, I forget to call people back, forget to email them, forget thank-you notes, forget to make dinner (or just choose not too), and forget stupid little things constantly. I apologize if you've been the brunt of this, and I'm told it only gets worse when the kids actually come. Hah.

I’ve come to realize that I hate it when. . .my dog craps in his cage. It ticks me off beyond belief because he IS smart, and he IS trained--he is just spiteful beyond belief and has anxiety issues.

I’ve come to realize that money. . .disappears fast on things that are necessary. Mortgage, electric, school bills, groceries, etc. Being an adult is not all its cracked up to be.

I’ve come to realize that certain people. . .will never, ever change unless God does a work on them. People can't change people. God, can.

I’ve come to realize that I’ll always. . .hate putting away laundry and it will sit for weeks and weeks in *clean* piles, because, I suck like that.

I’ve come to realize that my sibling(s). . .are really amazing people that I so much enjoy hanging out with.

I’ve come to realize that my mom. . .is pretty awesome. She's done such a good job with all of us kids, and I'm sure once I have the baby I'll learn that I owe her lots and lots of thank-you's for what she did and gave up for her children.

I’ve come to realize that my cell phone. . .is my life line. Literally, I'm pretty much accessible at all times because it's glued to me. I can also do anything on it. Thank you, iPhone, I love you.

I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning. . .that I have a lot more days of waking up sore and uncomfortable.

I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep. . . Declan fell asleep before me for the first time in a looooooooong time. I was too busy playing Words with Friends on my phone.

I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking. . .how annoyed I am that my nose is stuffy.

I’ve come to realize that my dad. . .makes an amazing grandfather.

I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook. . .not too much new has happened since I check it so often with the convenience of my phone, yet again.

I’ve come to realize that today. . .really needed to just get here. The weekend took ages to arrive.

I’ve come to realize that tonight. . .was a nice night to relax with Declan, after seeing "Leap Year" (ohhh GO SEE IT! I loved it! Also--the main guy is named Declan, how cool is that?), and eating Subway (love me some Subway).

I’ve come to realize that tomorrow. . .is Saturday and Declan has to work overtime. I hate the pre-Christmas and post-Christmas rush at work for him.

I’ve come to realize that I really want to . . .keep my house clean at all times, yet, really can't find the motivation to do so.

I’ve come to realize that life. . .has a funny way of sneaking up on you. Last night, I found myself trapped in old Facebook-picture-land, and wow...it seems like just yesterday Declan and I were babies (newly-engaged at the ripe age of 19 and 20), in love, dreaming about the thought of finally being married and having babies. Now, we're here.

summer of '06 and newly engaged

I’ve come to realize that this weekend. . .will fly by, as they always (sadly) do.

I’ve come to realize that my friends. . .are few, but as I always say--quality over quantity.

I’ve come to realize that this year. . .will make me a mommy. As scary as that is, it's exciting as heck, too.

I’ve come to realize that my husband. . .will make the most incredible dad, and I can't wait to see his heart melt when he meets our babe for the first time.

I’ve come to realize that maybe I should. . . .read my Bible more consistently, so thanks to the New-Testament in a year, it's been working out for me so far.

I’ve come to realize that I love. . .being home and off work or free of 'obligations'. There is something so nice about freedom and a flexible schedule, none of which I have during a normal work-week.

I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand. . .why bad things happen to good people, and I promise you--I will be having a chat with Jesus about all this one day. I have lots of questions.

I’ve come to realize my past. . .is just that-my past. I'm not a past-dweller, or a future-dweller at all actually, I'm definitely more of an 'in-the-present' chick.

I’ve come to realize that parties. . .are just not for me more then a few times a year. I'd rather get together with a few friends here and there, have dinner together, play games, etc. I'm not a party girl.

I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified. . .of losing my husband suddenly. I need him.

I’ve come to realize that my life. . .can change in an instant, and my plans are not my own.


18 comments:

  1. Great list! Hope your nose clears up!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled upon your blog today and love it! Your honesty and ease with which you discuss your relationship with Christ are refreshing to say the least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will always be video games in our house too! We have 3 different gaming systems. It's my husband's favorite thing to do on Friday nights after our Friday date night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome list! :) Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Welcome to the bandwagon!

    You know what's so funny about this as I read all of our posts like this...we're all homebodies! We all need to find one big home and just hang out in it together! Is it just me, or does that sound like a blast?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you "realize" how very lucky you are too!! :) have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, I keep my clothes in *clean* piles for weeks too! It's nice to know I'm not the only one. It's a horrible habit, and it drives the boy nuts because he can't find his clothes. Not that he puts them away either...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so enjoy reading everyone's answers to this.

    "The year of becoming a mommy." - Wow!! That just hit me. That's got to be an incredible feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the bandwagon - Isn't this just easier some times then coming up with your own topic?

    OMG! I just wrote a post about Words With Friends!! SOOO addicted! Look me up! HippieK

    You will beat me - I am awful. true story

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Katie! Here's some of mine that you'll come to realize soon enough...

    1) Baby socks ALWAYS disappear in the dryer..
    2)Your big purchases are baby diapers, formula, and wipes..ha
    3)Spit up comes with the territory, and will become an accesory to your everyday wardrobe!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've come to realize...that your life is pretty amazing if I must say so myself. *it's the little things*

    ReplyDelete
  12. We got engaged when we were 19 and 20, too! And yes, it seems just like yesterday. And yes again, teaching is the MOST exhausting thing EVER.

    I can't wait to go see The Leap Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey girl! We're the same age! Your comment about your dog poo'ing in the kennel tickled me. My yorkie does the exact same thing for the exact same reasons: anxiety and spite. lol.

    Fun list to read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally stealing this from you girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! I really do need to add Leap Year to my list of movies I want to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love things like this because you learn so much about people!

    I too HATE putting away laundry and it sits in the baskets for awhile, so don't worry! You are not alone! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I too hate putting laundry away, and I have totally lost my brain since getting pregnant! :)

    ReplyDelete