Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Bits

-The longest week ever is coming to an end. Hallelujah. (Does this make it sound like I'm wishing my life away?? What can I say...I live for weekends. Ahhh.)

-Declan had a really nice birthday yesterday, despite being at work, despite having an important meeting. We had a fun dinner out, enjoyed eachothers company as always, and cozied on the couch and watched dvr'ed episodes of Ace of Cakes.

-We got enough snow through the night to make the morning commute a bit messy...therefore, 2 hour delay. I won't lie...I was actually hoping for a day off, simply for the fact that Declan has off today for his birthday (the company gives you a paid day off for your birthday, so he took it today). It was really, really hard leaving him to go to school. He picked up Mac and said, "mommy don't go". Dang it-if I didnt have to save those days for maternity leave I'd SO.be.home.right.now.

-I got a car! I got a car!! It was only last week that I posted about starting a search, and literally an amazing deal got plopped in our laps. It was too hard to pass up, and now I'm funky Ford-Escape-Free, and cruising in my cute mommy mobile.

[obviously not my picture...but we haven't taken one yet!]
It's a subaru b-9 tribeca and I love it.

I feel so safe, and great in it-and that's what matters. My little girl won't have to ride in the clunk-mobile! hooray :)


-I'm really debating whether or not I should go see Avatar. Declan has seen it once, and loves it. He wants to see it with me, but I'm not really typically 'into' those types of movies. What do you think? Will I like it? Help...! To me, there is nothing worse then being trapped so to speak in a theater with a long movie you don't enjoy.

-Last night, Declan told me at dinner that it was the first time it was really obvious to him I'm pregnant. I know this sounds weird, but, I get what he's saying. I'm looking more and more pregnant these days and less, "Hmm..what is that?". He said, "It makes me proud" and then proceeded to tell me how gorgeous I am while pregnant. I believe I cried a little, but then ruined the moment by saying, "oh just wait till I can't fit in the booth anymore!". Because, trust me...I know I have plenty of time to turn into a house. But, nevertheless, I so love my man.

-Oh yea--and big news on the baby front..! Declan felt her kick on Monday night for the first time. I had only felt her from the outside earlier that day. You should have seen his face--it will seriously linger with me forever. He was thrilled, so was I. He goes, "Aww...she's so little!"

Am I making anyone want to throw up yet?

On that note...Happy FRIDAY (yesssss!)!!

26 comments:

  1. You are a VERY beautiful preggo lady!!! :) and I have to agree, you are going to be one hot mamma in that car. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really, really, really didn't want to see Avatar. But Justin really, really, really, did. I finally gave in because I knew it could be our last chance to see a movie in the theater for awhile. I was totally dreading it, especially since it was 3 hours long. But really, it didn't seem three hours long, and it was pretty enjoyable.

    I have to say though, I think from now on I'm going to call the movie "Dances With Blue People". I didn't realize how similar it was to Dances With Wolves until someone pointed it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My BFF and I call things that are so cute they make you want to throw up "Pukeface". It's adorable how excited Declan is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for weekends! I also live for them! I totally love that car! It's nice that you got a good deal on it too!

    I saw Avatar with my family on Christmas Day. I'm usually not into fantasy movies either, but this one was actually very good. It had a great story line if you truly follow it, and the graphics are amazing! I wasn't sure I wanted to see it, but it was a really good movie. And plus, can you really say that you don't want to go see a movie that cost $500 Million to make and one that made that much in the first weekend it was open?? It has got to be some sort of requirement! :-)

    Well have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new car! How awesome is that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so jealous of your heated seats! B had them in his old car and as much of an upgrade his new car is, I still miss those seats.

    I haven't decided about Avatar either. Let me know if you do give in and see it and I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you found a good deal on a car that will be safe for you all!
    Love these Friday bits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new car!! I am also not into movies like that...but my best friend saw it and loved it. Guess it really just depends. That's so cool that Declan got to feel her kick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new car!!

    I saw Avatar and LOVED it. See it in 3D, it was really good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The new car looks (and sounds) awesome!

    I've heard Avatar is really good even for people like me that generally stick to chick flicks. I say check it out and then give us a review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just so you know, I always fit into a booth. Every pregnancy, even my first where people asked me from week 18 on if I was having twins.

    My husband once told me when pregnant with baby 1 that I was looking REALLY pregnant. And I was all 'dude, weeping here', and he was all "no, I'm all proud of myself for being able to do that".

    I'm carrying the kid, and he's proud of himself for the ability to make me blow up. Men.

    ReplyDelete
  12. sweet action on the car front. I really didn't want to like Avatar I begrudgingly went to see it New Year's Day with Mr. A and some friends. I don't like liking what the rest of the world likes something about herd mentality turns me off! But I really did like the movie. It had similarities to Fern Gully at least for me but it was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. More like made me cry.. not throw up. I love it!

    I haven't seen Avatar either for the same reasons. I'm usually not into those types of movies. I know I've heard just about everyone say that movie is amazing, but 3 hours of my day is a big commitment :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. First off, thought I'd let you know that I am living vicariously through you (and my other preggo friends) on the pregnancy front. My "dream job" is to be a mama and I've got baby fever bad. But with deployment around the corner (literally!) and having been married less than a year, it's gonna be awhile. That being said, no I'm not throwing up, just grinning goofily.

    Go see Avatar! And if they have it in 3D around you, definitely, absolutely see it in 3D. It is a really fun movie and did not feel like 3 hours to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This HAS been the longest week ever! Congrats on your new car - excited to see a pic! Hearing stories about you and Declan warm my heart - you're such a good team! :)

    My husband saw Avatar and said it was like Dances with Wolves. Considering I hated that movie, I'm not too keen to see it. He also said it was awesome for visual aspects (but you have to see it in the theater for the full effect), but the plot stinks, so know that going in.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did not see Avatar, but my hubs went with his stepdad and said it was an awesome movie "experience" seeing it in 3-D. He did note that I would probably not enjoy it much since I'm not "into" those kinds of movies either. If Declan's really wanting you to go, I probably would, but I totally understand the feeling of not wanting to be trapped for 3 hours watching a movie you don't enjoy!

    Getting to the cute stage of pregnancy is so much fun! Glad your hubby is makin' you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. GO SEE THE MOVIE! I am NOT into those movies either, and I really was not looking forward to seeing it, but Vince really wanted to see it in 3D in theater so I went and I LOVED it. I would seriously sit through the whole 2 1/2 hrs again haha. so go see it and then let me know what you think! ;)

    By the way, congrats on the new car! gotta love heated seats in the winter, I can't go a day without using them! haha

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so jealous of your new Subaru. And go see Avatar. The special effects are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A long week, but ti sounds like a lovely one! Congrats on the new car - it looks so cute! And I love all of the neat additions. Heated seats are seriously the best. I adore mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sweet, your gonna make me cry I miss feeling my daughter kick! Now she just pinches me for real while nursing...

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're one beautiful prego! He's only speakin' the truth!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Baby kicks are the best!!! Love the new car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the new car! It sounds wonderful!!

    follow me:
    thelifeandtimesofkatieandscott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. NIce wheels, congrats. As far as feeling your baby move, it really is magical. I remember the face my hubby made when he felt our "Bunny" kick for the first time. The best part is he still makes that face everytime he feels the baby kick. It makes you fall in love with them all over again.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    P.S. -thanks for the maternity wardrobe tips. I bought a skinny belt yesterday and wore it to work today. I got so many complements. I hope you have more tips they were really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love my Subaru :) It's a forester, but it's pretty much a small SUV and has all those little "extras" you mentioned too! And hello, I am LOVING my seat heaters right now! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Avatar was the first movie i watched in 3D, and for its 3D effects, I would highly recommend it; it truly is a feast for the eyes, and if you allow yourself, you'll defintely be transported to another world. If you plan on seeing it ever, you should defintely watch it in the theaters, though.

    Story line is weak and ripped off from other movies as well as very politically charged, but it's easy to see beyond that once you're transported to the land of blue people. :)

    ReplyDelete