Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Friday Bits...that somehow turned pregnancy related.

-Regardless of what anyone thinks of the name of this product...I'm already totally.sold.and.in.love with the new Apple iPad. The moment it was "released" (not technically until March), I had an email in my inbox from Declan saying "Babe, we could share this and have it for the house!" We love our Apple products. That's for sure.

-I don't like grad school. I don't like taking two courses at once. I don't like the idea of papers due on a FRIDAY when we're all teachers who have had insane weeks. How about Sunday..!? Give us some weekend time for pete's sake. Yes. I'm complaining.

-I craved McDonalds fries again this week and gave into the craving. I'm writing it out here on the blog so you all can slap me on the wrist and tell me how bad they are, how they clog my arteries and how I'll be the size of a small country when this pregnancy is over. Go ahead. Do it. When the craving happens again, I'll need to think back and remember this. Hit me with your best shot. Fire away.

-This week a woman I teach with asked me about my weight gain...she then said that I could be starving my baby since I haven't gained "enough" weight. I laughed, considering the day before I ate McDonalds fries. Seriously? I promise to each and every one of you, my mother, my grandmother-whoever else....that I eat every time I'm hungry, and I will never, ever not eat something because I'm concerned about weight. I'm not dumb. Besides, I like to eat. [Oh she's 39, never had a baby-knows nothing about pregnancy...fyi.]

Also? It may help to add to the story that this woman secretly despises me because she once told me I'm "everything she's always wanted to be" (married young, good family, house, baby on the way...). On top of that, she's the one known for the time when the custodian (yes, custodian) told me I looked like I'd lost weight that it's "only because I was wearing black". HAHA. I still laugh about it. [Would it also help to know she's a larger woman herself? Like...almost 6 foot and quite possibly almost 300lbs. No joke. I swear, I swear, I swear.]

Ohhhh some people :)

-Lately, everyone is telling me I've popped. I love that term. It makes me giggle. I use the phrase, too--just saying. I think it's funny though.

-Yesterday, a teacher said to another teacher while right in front of me-"isn't she just the cutest little pregnant lady you've ever seen?" and it seriously made my day. I wasn't feeling so great, and just felt blah all over. It was just perfect timing for a sweet compliment.

-More and more of my co-workers are asking if they can touch my belly. It doesn't bother me at all, and they ASK more importantly. They are so sweet about it, and are the loving, nurturing, motherly type. It makes me feel like my little girl's getting all sorts of love already...and I kind of like that.

-On the other hand, two students have just stuck their hand out and said "I'M GONNA FEEL THE BABY" and like smooshed their hand on my belly before I could do a thing. They happen to be twin boys, in different classes. They are obsessed with pregnancy and it's kind of weird if you ask me. I gently removed their hand and told them they are not to touch me without asking. All of us teachers have come to the conclusion those kids will become the OB/GYN'S of the future. Nice.

-A complete random stranger (who found my Art Blog where I document my students work) sent me something in the mail! She emailed me a few weeks ago and said that the book, "Children are from Heaven" changed her view on parenting and how to nurture and love kids into becoming unique, creative individuals. She wanted to send it to me, and she did! How cool is that? [This book is by John Gray-the dude who wrote Men are From Mars, Women are from Venus...] I got it yesterday and am interested to crack it open sometime.

-Last but not least, my sister-in-love, Lyryn is hosting a cool giveaway for an Emery Lin Clutch handbag--they are amazing, and made by a friend of ours who has a store on Etsy. To enter, go ahead over to her blog to join in.

...and finally....I can say it....

HAPPY FRIDAY!!

22 comments:

  1. I think when you crave the McD fries, especially when preggo, you just have to give in!!!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! Fun little post!!

    It would be super cute if you wore just a hanes t-shirt one day, let your kiddos dip their hands in paint and then put handprints on your belly. Little gift to the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I think the iPad looks awesome too! And I think giving into the french fry craving every now and then is totally okay...that isn't the advice you wanted but I really think it's true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! You are doing fine. Some people gain weight, some don't. Considering you've "popped," I don't think Baby Girl is starving.

    If I wrote a Friday bits post, it would all be about how dizzy and nauseous I am today. My goal for the day is just to make it. Without crying would be icing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe it sounds weird but I always want to touch my pregnant friends bellies. The whole thing intrigues me so much!

    Happy Friday!

    ps- eat all the fries you want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am soooo ready for the iPad to be released! Ahhhh...it's sad that I get so excited over such things! Ha ha. I think everyone has someone like that woman you teach with either in their family or workplace, etc. Maybe finding a polite way to tell her that it is none of her business would work??? I too am so glad it is Friday! And I think those fellow teachers are right! You are so adorable pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, I've been hearing so much about the Ipad.... I looked it up, but I'm still not sure exactly what it is! So what is it?? haha

    McDonald's fries take care of everything. I'm serious! So, if you have them every now and then... Eh who cares! :-)

    Happy Friday!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post cracked me up for so many reasons, haha!!

    And seriously, I’m ashamed to say I wouldn’t be slapping you on the wrist, but would be right alongside you getting a MckFlurry on the side with those fries, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is hilarious that those boys are obsessed with pregnancy...seriously?! Anyway your posts always make me laugh. As for the McDonalds fries...go for it! When else in your life do you have an excuse for them, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. even us non-preggo's crave mickeyD's fries at times. you might as well indulge guilt free for now. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear how you like that book!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go ahead and enjoy your fries! They may be awful for you but they are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the shout out, babe! I can't talk... because i just love fries! Who cares anyway... you look fabulous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome to the world of let me touch ur growing belly. it only gets worse when the baby comes of all the grubby hands that want to touch the baby! i used to by shy at saying no to ppl..until i became a mommy! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh one more thing.....once a week when preg w/#4 i had to have a spicy chicken sandwich (no mayo) fries and a sweet tea! little Lils thanked me for it by having a great delivery! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  16. you should tell that lady that maybe she should try LOSING some weight. bet that will shut her up. ;)

    happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I worked as a journalist, I interviewed John Gray! For three hours! Longest interview of my life! He's fun, and quite nice! I didn't know he wrote that, though. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree...you are a very cute pregnant lady.

    And I've eaten a Chick Fil A milkshake once a week, evereything bagels toasted with butter several times a week, and an occasional pastry throughout this pregnancy. I'm in week 35 and have only gained 21 pounds.

    Babies do their thing. They're parasites (meant in a good way), and they take what they need. People always have something to say. I have people saying "wow, a third!" to me all the time.

    Whatevs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also am in love with the iPad, but would totally settle for an iTouch. I just can't justify the purchase now... though I might be able to once I'm pregnant - there's so many cool apps for keeping track of pregnancy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Friday! I just wanted to let you know, that while I am not a maternity nurse, I am a nurse, and I have learned that it is ok to give in to your craving of MCD french fries...there are worse things out there that you could be craving!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved mcdonald's fries when I was pregnant too. I didn't mind people touching my belly when they ASKED and I find myself wanting to touch my friends bellies now that I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I know some people haven't approved of the new ipad but I think it's really cool and would actually like to get one for our house! And I already told hubs that if I don't spend my entire pregnancy puking than I will eat pretty healthy except for when it comes to chickfila, I then reserve the right to eat their waffle fries and original chicken sandwhiches with cheese added as long as I can handle it. Every girl has to have a few weaknesses right?

    Oh and your story about those two twin boys? Definitely made me burst out laughing! :)

    Left you a little award on my blog, hopefully it's one you haven't gotten before, I tried to award you one you hadn't gotten!

    ReplyDelete