Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I feel like Miss America...oh wait...

...totally not as thin as them, especially in the mid-section. But, whatever--who's looking anyway?

So-it's Saturday....it's snowy....we're staying indoors (and I like it that way)....and I'm relaxing like no other and forgetting all the things on my to-do list.

I just saw an award I was given by a sweet friend, and also saw it was calling for 7 interesting things about me, and, well, I'm feeling kind of random tonight. So, guess what you're getting? Oh yes, an award post. The funny thing is, I was just telling someone tonight via email that I don't typically do the award posts because a lot of them are repeats (and although I'm extremely grateful) I try not to 'repeat' on the blog. Plus, I like to have time to, you know, actually write what I want to from time to time.

Tonight, though...this is what I'm doing.

Plus, it's called the Beautiful Blogger Award, and, well, what pregnant chick doesn't want to be called beautiful every once in a while?!

So...7 interesting things about me:

1. I absolutely dread going to the dentist. Like, my body hurts when driving there because I *fear* it. I think its painful to have my mouth open that long and being poked and prodded at. I am afraid of them finding cavities (which I seem prone too, but duh...I love candy), and I just HATE the awkwardness of the whole situation. I usually cancel each appointment about 2-4 times before I actually end up going...because I hate it that much.

2. If I don't have my cell phone with me or can't find it in my purse, I instantly panic. I don't really know why other then the fact that I obviously like to stay connected, and feel it's my life line if anything were to happen. We don't even have a home phone, so maybe I just put more importance on my cell? Who knows. Maybe it's because I can facebook, twitter, check email, play words with friends, and use my pregnancy apps all from that little gem.

3. I am an extreme worrier about one thing in particular: bad weather and my husband driving in it. I seriously have a problem with worrying about him when it snows and he's out. If we're together in the car, it's fine. I just wouldn't ever want anything bad to happen to him and I want him home safe with me when the weather is bad.

4. I'm obsessed with wedding shows and I've been married for 2.5 years. I watch "Say Yes to the Dress" and other random wedding shows I find. I still look back and think about my wedding day and think how awesome it was.


5. I like Target. A lot. I think that it's one of the best, catch-all stores there are. The clothing is so cute (and totally acceptable to buy and wear), they sell adorable shoes, accessories, home decor and even food. HELLO? Dollar SPOT. Love it.

6. It takes me a lot to work up the motivation to full-deep-clean my house. I wish it didn't but it totally does. Pregnant or not. I like it tidy, but it's not always "clean". However, random spurts of cleaning/organizing will come over me at times when I've finally "had it". For instance, the other night I was unloading the dishwasher, but somehow ended up on the floor for 30 minutes organizing tupperware by size/shape. Odd, I know.

7. I have a current love with the cereal Frosted Mini Wheats. I eat a bowl as a snack a few nights a week.

I just made myself hungry.

Happy Saturday!

18 comments:

  1. I completely agree with numbers 1-6. (I probably would agree with number 7, too, but I have tried those yet!)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love all things wedding too! My husband thinks it's funny! They talked about a bridal event at Busch Stadium the other day and I really wanted to go! My dream job would be a wedding planner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I agree about the whole dentist appt thing because I HATE HATE HATE the smell in there it always gives me a bad headache..

    ♥Stephanie H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same love with Cap'n Crunch! I went through an entire big box of it last week and just bought another big box today. Breakfast, snack during the day, late night go-to munchie. I admit, Frosted Mini-Wheats are probably a lot better health wise though :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to spend the day inside and stay warm! Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are beautiful, and I think you make an adorable pregnant woman. I have spurts of organizing too, and my hubby gets worried every one and a while that it means I am pregnant. Who knows what would happen if that ever occurs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You so know I'm going to beg you to tell me about Taylor Hanson don't you...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am right there with you on the first 6! You aren't the only one who instantly panics when they can't find their cell. I especially freak if it's on silent (b/c of words with friends). LOL

    Have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a sucker for wedding shows too, and I've been married 10 yrs in May lol. last night I was flippin channels....BORING Saturday night...anywhoo have you seen "Four Weddings" yet? So cool! It's 4 brides and they go to each others weddings and vote, the winner gets a dream honeymoon. I LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ditto #4 and 5! I would love to be able to go wedding dress shopping again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your wedding pic! Beautiful hair and dress! I guess I'm also guilty as charged with the cell phoen thing...I've actually turned around and driven back home going out of my way just to pick up my cell phone that was accidently left at home hahaha. I think it's a safety issue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :)

    I feel as I could have been the one to write #s 1-3. Really all of them but those first couple had me going "YES!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. My husband and I are planning to renew our vows in 2018 and I'm ALREADY excited to go dress shopping again, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. every now & then my tupperware cabinet and I go to battle! the organization lasts for about a week, then it's a mess again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can agree with everything you just said. That is crazy, it was like you were talking for me! We obviously are quite alike :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could have written that same list.

    ReplyDelete