Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Not Me! Monday! Oh dear Weekend.

Check out MckMama's blog to participate in the Not-Me-Fun and tell us all the things you absolutely did-not-do this week/weekend.

***
I most certainly did not lounge around all Friday evening with my sister, organizing the swap, and leaving my husband to the man cave and his video games all night. Not me.

I did not get really upset when I realized we had an uneven amount of people participating, which meant I had to take myself out of the swap. I was not reeeeally hoping to participate in my own swap, rather then just playing hostess.

I was not super stoked when a friend of mine decided to join in last minute, making it possible for ME to be a part of it, now. Hip, hip, hooray! Who will be my lucky partner? :) We shall see.

I definitely did not, then, on said Friday night, watch the LiveStreaming of Invisible Children in San Diego from my living room all the way down to the final hour [midnight] to see if they'd win the million dollars from Chase Bank.

They did not win the MILLION dollars (YES, why yes they did, actually!!), and I was not slightly envious that my little brother got to be there to experience all that excitement. I am not thrilled to no end for them and all the good they'll do with the money in the fight to end the longest running war in Africa.

***

I did not go to Babys-r-Us on Saturday with an experienced Mommy (my lovely sister-in-law) to finish up my registry. I did not need all of her expert help and was not super overwhelmed with all the little things I had.no.clue.about. I did not feel like a loser in all things mommy. I also did not proclaim on multiple occassions, "Who the heck is gonna show me how to use all this stuff?!?" or, "I will never, ever figure out how to do this!".

Meanwhile, I did not have a little girl sitting on a certain nerve that makes my legs function properly. I was not in complete and utter pain, and was not a little annoyed as I hobbled about the store(s). [Yes, Target, too--did I forget to mention that?]

The pain did not stick around for the rest of the afternoon and when I got home I did not get on the ground and do various yoga poses to try to get her to move. I did not look like a fool.

I also did not end up in tears over said pain, and did not sit in the bathtub at 5pm on a Saturday night to try and get some relief. Who takes a bath at that time on a Saturday night anyway?

***

I did not regret (already) on multiple occassions this weekend that I am, indeed, taking two Masters courses at the SAME TIME while working full time, being pregnant and being pretty much exhausted all the time. I did not remind myself over.and.over.and.over that they only go until March 12th and that I can do it. I am not totally doubting myself.

After these courses I am not only ONE class away from having that degree and *cough* getting a raise at school. I do not have to remind myself of the future goals to keep on truckin'.

***

I did not lay around in the man cave with the mister yesterday afternoon under multiple fleece blankets, doing master's work, catching up on blog-reading, playing words-with-friends, catching up on twitter [come find me: katieballa], and also trying to watch Season 1 of Chuck.

I did not fail miserably at most of those things because I was doing them simultaneously.

I was not munching on dark chocolate raisinets last night and proceed to sit on one without realizing it. When I got up Declan did not say, "BABE! You have poop on your butt!!" We're much to classy for that kind of behavior.

***

I am not somewhat dreading that this week is a long one.

***

Happy Monday!

[Stay tuned tomorrow for a very *cute* Funny Kid Comment of the Day post.]

15 comments:

  1. I am (NOT) your swap partner :) Yay I'm so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "classy" kicked in as I started giggling at my desk about the sitting on a raisinet story. :-) Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you did not have a busy weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally guilty of 'multi-tasking' and getting absolutely nothing done as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm glad you got a partner in the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you...it feels like this is going to be a looonnnngggg weeek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, hun, I'm exhausted right now, so I can only imagine how you feel! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hang in there with the school stuff! it IS exhausting. i was also taking 2 courses (for my professional cert. in WA) when i was pregnant and teaching. i also spent my first month of being a mom finishing up my final portfolio. not fun, but you can do it and you'll be so glad to be DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry about the pain...she is just having so much fun in that oven :) I'm sure BabiesRUs is super overwhelming. Just think about all the moms out there though, if they can do it- you can! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a weekend! I'm sure it's not fun taking those classes right now, but you'll be really happy with the benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is AMAZING how when that little girl is born, you'll just know, somehow, how to do everything. I started worrying about that already..."Man, I don't even remember how to make a bottle, or how much a little baby eats," but then I remembered that you just know. Mommy instinct is SO powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm giving away a little sumthin'-sumthin' on my blog, come see me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you are feeling better lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. thats too funny about the raisinets! lol that's wonderful that Invisible Children won the million dollars, always a happy ending (I hope!) you got me hooked on words with friends EVEN though you keep kicking my tush! happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I'd like to add one that I experienced. I did not eat a pound of jelly bellys and then proceed to complain that they were all gone.

    Glad you got a partner in the swap, can't wait to see what everyone gets!

    ReplyDelete