Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nursery Sneak Peek: Part 2

This nursery sneak peek is to give you a little idea and taste of colors, placement of furniture (which I'm loving...oh Pottery Barn, you rock), and so on.

So, here you have the cozy tree corner. Our glider chair was a recent Christmas gift from my parents, aren't they the best? That chair is from Babys r Us and is the most comfortable thing, EVER. It better be, since I'll probably be spending countless nights there.

ps: notice how pink squeezed into the room?

Declan and I searched high and low for a stuffed owl we really liked, and guess what I got as one of my Christmas gifts? He's so sweet. Both the owl, and Declan.

Oh, and are you loving the shelf with the baskets and liners as much as me? Probably not b/c you aren't nursery-obsessed like moi, but...

We went for an every-other pattern for the liners with gingham and polka dots to keep it fun.

[The green fabric on top is completely temporary...just an old piece I had laying around.]
[Curtains were already there, and will be changed.]
Now for some projects....

I found 6 of these old light green frames at GoodWill a longggg time ago, they look like the frame on the left. I'm working on painting them up to match the room (for example, like the one on the right with polka dots), and we'll be doing a fun little collage wall using the wooden words also pictured. They will be painted, too-since, stark white isn't exactly in our color scheme.


...and just because, these are some of my favorite receiving blankets thus far. Love Target.


There you have it...more of the baby abode.


39 comments:

  1. That room is just perfect. It's fun, practical, and super cozy for the little bambino. You sure do have a flair for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love your color choices.

    The words are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! We were looking into some sort of wall decal too but have not bought anything yet. Once we get a house the nursery is my first room to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I am already thinking about my next nursery! B totally got his way with our first so I am getting to be super creative with the second. You did a great job. I might be hitting you up for ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! I just want to cuddle up in that chair with a babe in my arms! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! You are making my baby fever even worse! This is adorable and I wish you lived near by so that you could paint a beautiful tree for our hopefully very soon, future baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go girl you are on top of things and I love it already. Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute. I love it so far! Oh and the owl...yep he is perrrfect. Good Job Declan! You have trained his eye very well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love love love it! I am a huge fan of the browns and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that stuffed owl is so cute i can hardly stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that stuffed owl is so cute i can hardly stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that stuffed owl is so cute i can hardly stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute cute cute!! I love the owl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! It looks gorgeous! I LOVE the owl :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! You are so creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. O.M.G. I am in love with the tree...I am absolutely going to do something like that in the nursery when I have a baby. Hope you don't mind if I "borrow" the idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything is looks great! I just love that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh Katie - You guys are so amazing. The room looks perfect. She is going to be so happy there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the color scheme...it's so good for either a boy or a girl...you know for the second time around. Gotta make it last right? It's all coming together beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE ALL OF IT!! Can you come do a mural for my future children (when I start thinking of having them??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE ALL OF IT!! Can you come do a mural for my future children (when I start thinking of having them??) :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable! Love the green! Sophia's room is green with a dash of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your color scheme is SO cute. :) The nursery is going to look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's soo cute! I have to live vicariously through all you too-cute moms-to-be. If it were up to me, we'd have 10 babies yesterday, but my husband isn't quite on the same train yet. So until then, I'm loving reading all the baby-related posts!! (and the not-baby related too) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The room looks amazing so far! Everything has come together great so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Too Stinkin' Cute! :)
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very, very cute!!! That cozy layout is so user-friendly, but still VERY modern. I'm loving your decorative DIY project, too. I can't wait to see more. :-)

    SophistiMama in Training

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's adorable! Love the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous! Love the owl :-) You will spend hours in this room, it's a good thing it's so nice to look at.
    (I agree about what you said about Motherhood, what an awful practice they have. Sorry :-(

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is the cutest room!!! You have great taste :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. love it! it looks so adorable and it is seriously not helping my MASSIVE recent baby fever! ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love it! I am so excited once we find out what we are having to decorate the room. you colors are great

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love it! It's very cute and thoughtful! Your baby will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your room is so sweet! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete