Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Friday Bits, with some SWAP info and other randoms...

-Friday somehow feels a little less exciting when its your 3rd day off school due to the snow storm the other day. Oh, and thanks to the Holiday Monday--I have off then, too. Hello-it's been a 6 day weekend here.

-Nothing gives me warm fuzzies the way it does when I receive a package in the mail *just because*. It seriously makes me feel like a million bucks, and so so special. This week, to my surprise I got a package from my dear blog friend, Kayla. She picked out some beautiful hair bows and a headband for my little girl!! I seriously danced around the kitchen and squealed out of excitement. I am secretly obsessed with all those little headbands with flowers and bows on them (and don't even own any yet)--so Kayla has officially kick-started my obsession. Thank you, my dear friend!

My little unborn girlie can feel the love already, most certainly so did I.

-As you know I took my glucose test this past week, and found out yesterday at my OB appointment (yes, I ventured out--the main roads weren't bad at all!) that I passed with flying colors! woohoo! No diabetes for me.

-I finally had a good jump in my weight gain. According to my appointment I gained another 7lbs. Which, did scare me a little...honestly-but, in the grand scheme of things at 28 weeks I've gained 11 lbs, which still is pretty good. I'm gonna just say little Miss is having a growth spurt :)

-As you know, I participated in my own swap. What the heck, right? I should get to have some fun, too. I received my package this week from the dear Ginger (aka: Mrs. A) and it had some of my favorite candy, a pair of earrings, headband, candle, lip balm(s), and a really cute sign for baby's room. Thank you, hun!

Here it is:ps: i may or may not have eating the sour patch kids before I took this photo.

[SWAP FRIENDS: Come back MONDAY and I'll have up a Mr. Linky where you can link to your post in which you post about your swap package! This way, we can jump around and check out what you got. If yours hasn't come yet, b/c I have had a few people email me only this week claiming they didn't receive their partner info (it went into junk mail!), it's probably on its way!]

-Oh and lastly...when I'm bored (I really shouldn't say "bored", but more or less, trying to avoid other necessary "work") in the house, I do random things....like make Valentines Day-themed cupcakes. Since I didn't have work today, I made some for Declan to take in-and I'll deliver some to my Dad and Mom later too. You like?

The funny thing is....I don't even really eat cupcakes...but making them was fun :)


Happy FRIDAY, loves!


26 comments:

  1. Ooh, cupcakes. I'm all about some cupcakes right now.

    *sigh* Now I'm really craving a cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute stuff you got!!

    I love cupcakes...I never make them because I would eat them ALL!!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the more reason to LOVEEEEEEEEEE having baby girls:o) cute pink room decorations! very cute, I absolutely love it! enjoy your weekend lady! your swap buddy was good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to know I was not the only slacker who told you late that I didn't get my partner info.

    And how in the world can you NOT like cupcakes? Cake isn't my favorite, but cupcakes? Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!! I'm so glad it got there I was so worried that it would be delayed because of the crazy snowstorm!!

    I just got a call from my apartment office my package is waiting there for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm the cupcakes look good! have a good (extremely extended) weekened katie! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous of your 6 day weekend. This week has been soooo busy. Oh well, I don't think I could handle all that snow, so you can keep it.

    Those cucpakes look sooo good, feel free to come over to my house the next time you're bored!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, I don't really eat cupcakes much either, but those pics made me want them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I love your swap gift!! We're supposed to get snow this weekend for the first time in years, so I hope it doesn't stop our postman!! And I think you just inspired me to make some cupcakes while I'm stuck in the house this weekend!

    And thanks for playing WWF with me!! I think it's my new addiction!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cupcakes look SO yummy! And the little hair bows for your baby are adorable :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness gracious! Is there anything you cannot do missy? Those cupcakes are amazing :) Absolutely amazing! I hope you have a great weekend and a very happy valentine's day!

    xo,
    KA

    ReplyDelete
  12. :-) I am sooooo glad you liked them! I cannot wait to see pictures of her wearing them. And seriously girl, what is up with you not liking cupcakes?!?! I could probably gain 11 lbs just by eating cupcakes! haha Hope you're enjoying yet another day off!

    Congrats on passing your test as well! I'm sure that's a big relief!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want some cupcakes. Those hairbows are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum yum yum at those cupcakes! Have a good weekend!

    I left you something on my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seeing all the fun you guys are having with the swap really makes me wish that Justin and I didn't have a "no giving out our address to people we don't know in real life" rule!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cupcakes look yummy! Thanks for doing the swap...it was so much fun. I am excited to post about my gift! I love the "Girls Rock" sign you got...how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cupcakes look yummy! Thanks for doing the swap...it was so much fun. I am excited to post about my gift! I love the "Girls Rock" sign you got...how adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mmmmmm, your cupcakes look super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. those cupcakes look So yummy! I love getting stuff in the mail - so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How do you not eat cupcakes?! :) I am obsessed with them (and anything else sweet)! Those are cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAY for passing your test!! I passed mine too!!

    I also am secretly loving all your little girl stuff. I love pink :) And little girly stuff :) Alas, I will be rolling the athlete/truck/monkey theme.

    And double yay for cupcakes! You can send some my way...I'll eat them for both of us! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love your gifties!!!

    The cupcakes are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The cupcakes look really good and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh - CUPCAKES!!!! They look AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the cupcakes. Hello, you have my address...why didn't you send me one? Ha!!

    And LOVE the precious sign!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete