Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Funny Kid Comment of the Day/Overheard

Overheard.

4th Grade Class
9:15 am

Student 1: "Did you know Elvis is still alive?"

Student 2: "Umm...no. He's not. He died. I heard he OD'ed on drugs."

Student 1: "No, I'm pretty sure he's still alive."

Student 2: "Are you thinking of TuPac and Biggie?? If so...then you're right. They might be alive."

[Me at my desk, thinking, no...laughing....TUPAC in comparison to freakin' ELVIS?!? For real??]

Student 3: "I think 'Lil Wayne and Eminem are dead too."

[Seriously...how did we go from Elvis to Eminem? Something is wrong here.]


Some things are just better to stay out of...

~~~

2nd Grade
12:30pm

Boy (all sorts of chubby and round, love him and his little lisp): "Hey Mrs. B---Do you notice something different about the way I look today?"

Me: "Hmm...buddy...let me see." (Seriously...had no idea what was different...)

- "Is it.....your.....haircut??! It looks like you got a haircut!"

Boy: "Nope!"

Me: "Umm..okay...is it..."

[Cutting me off] Boy: "It has to do with my birthday!!"

Me: "Ahh OKAY...that was my NEXT guess actually! [<--Liar] You look about a year older...you're looking more mature in the face, and even a little bit TALLER, too!"

Boy: "YUP!! YOU GUESSED RIGHT!!!!!"

Ahh...gotta love their vulnerability.

~~~

Happy Thursday!


29 comments:

  1. Too cute! I bet you hear gems like these ALL the time! Fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I love the birthday kid...they are so excited about their birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Kids always have a way of making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe 4th graders know who TuPac and Biggie are. That has just shocked me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On Sunday one of the little boys had a birthday, and I was at the microphone so I was going to give a little surprise shout out and have all the kiddies say happy birthday to him. As soon as I said "Today is a special day" he SHOUTS "IT'S MY 9th BIRTHDAY!!".

    ...so much for the awesome thought of a surprise. And I thought I was going to be sneaky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww! I love the last kid!

    and I am cracking up at the 1st story. hahaha ahh Tupac. How these little kids even know who they are I do not know ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is so funny to hear what comes out of kids' mouths!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kids are too cute, and too sweet! I love the things they say!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love when you post kid comments, they are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dave (my husband) is going to teach elementary in a year or so, I can't wait for all of his funny stories too..thanks for the laugh! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are hysterical and one of the best parts of being an art teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How sweet! I love hearing what little ones say!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Baaaahahaha! I love how little minds think, so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kids really do say the funniest things :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kids say some of the funniest and craziest things.

    ReplyDelete
  16. those are too adorable...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhh, I love when you post these stories...always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love when you have funny kid post days :) They really are hilarious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. HAHA!!! too cute!!
    i love hearing the silly things kids say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww! Too cute! Some great things about working with elementary kids! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. lol-gotta love sweet little kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  22. SO stinkin' cute. You know I love me a good funny kids story.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww! I love these stories! I think you'll miss these kids when you are out for maternity leave...or maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's the cutest thing ever! Hearing things like this totally make me want to be a teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aww... How cute!
    Good thing kids rarely know when we're lying ;)

    ReplyDelete