Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

It's the little things...

...that sometimes make your day bright.

Here are some things this week that made me smile, despite the crazy, hectic, already-nuts week I've had.

-Receiving a card in the mail from a blog-friend just to let me know she was thinking about me and praying for our little baby girl. Thank you Lauren!

-Getting a $99 check back in the mail from something I overpaid a few months ago. Hello money!

-Putting together my swap-mate's package! I can't wait for her to get it.

-Getting all my credit card rewards in the form of gift cards to: Best Buy, Panera, Chiles, and Starbucks. Yessss!

-Reading all your sweet comments about my l&d trip yesterday. You all really care and I can feel that, totally. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

-Feeling my little lady move literally ALL day yesterday just to tell me she's 'okay' and to ease my mind.

-Getting an unexpected thank-you gift in the form of a lovely gift card to a favorite restaurant, all for watching a doggie we already love, who's welcome at our house anytime!

-Opening the microwave and standing in awe at the amazing cleanliness of it. Smiling because these are some of the little reasons that I just adore my husband.

-That same husband who says, "Hey Babe, want me to make your lunch for you?" as I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up.

-An unexpected helper showing up to help me hang the Art Show at my school a few days ago.

-Going through the resume's of people hawking my job when I'll be out on maternity leave, and realizing that the kids will be in good hands.

-Just the sheer thought of snow coming, and a possible 2-hour-delay.

Happy Wednesday!

18 comments:

  1. life is just beautiful isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a clean microwave!!

    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful list :) I am so glad your sweet little girl is doing well! I said a prayer for y'all :)

    I hope you have a wonderfully blessed Wednesday!
    xo,
    KA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous list! You are right, the little things in life are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you're so welcome, sweet friend!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list. I'm so glad your baby is doing well! I hope there aren't anymore scary trips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great day of little things that make a day awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's almost nothing like a clean apartment to put me in a good mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say 'awww' about your husband making you lunch. It's the little things isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats so great that theyre letting you scope out who might be in your room for the next couple months! A coworker of mine is going out on maternity leave at the end of March and we all wish she had a say in her substitute!! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It really IS the little things that make the biggest impact, isn't it?! Love this list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! Our handwritten notes were not from the same blog friend! I thought for sure they would be. :) Just so you know, I have things figured out and will be going to the store tonight and the post office tomorrow. I will not mess up your swap. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all about the simple pleasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the little things. They can make you day, nay, your week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like we both have some pretty thoughtful people in our lives.

    We're so lucky :o)

    ReplyDelete