Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me! Monday! The Friday and Saturday Version

On Friday afternoon I did not email Declan telling him I came up with a bright idea of what our Friday night should look like.

That "bright" idea did not consist of going to our favorite pizza shop, and then going grocery shopping afterwards.

We most certainly would not think grocery shopping was an acceptable Friday night activity. We are much too young for that....

...and while in the empty grocery store, we did not ooh and ahh over the fact of how nice it was to shop on a night that no.one.was.there. We aren't losers like that.

***

On Saturday evening Declan and I did not just get in the car and drive with no real clear intentions on what it was we were actually doing.

We did not end up at Target searching for lighting for the nursery.

We did not leave WITHOUT a lamp for the nursery, and instead have a cart full of other random things.

We did not end up with room darkening curtains for the nursery, a scale, a clock, and the original Scrabble game.

We were not thrilled about our Scrabble game purchase, since we're Words-with-Friends addicts as it is.

I did not have a burger-craving all stinking day, and did NOT fulfill that craving by eating at Five Guys while out on our adventure. [If you have not eaten a Five Guys burger, you are so.missing.out.]

As soon as we got home we did NOT break open our Scrabble game and play a full game while watching the Olympics.

Declan did not beat me by 5 measily points.

I was not bitter.

I still am not bitter two days later.

***

Overall, I did NOT realize how old and uncool we are...and I also did NOT realize that I love my life and wouldn't want it any other way.

Happy Monday!

[To join in the "Not-Me" fun check out MckMama's blog]

23 comments:

  1. We are 'uncool' too and love it!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing weekends at home are my favorite! Sounds like a wonderful weekend if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha - Well, I sat in class all Friday night and all day Saturday. You think YOU'RE uncool? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds about like my hubby and I don't worry were NOT cool either lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. We spend most nights passed out on the couch by 9:30, and our weekends spending way too much money at Wal-Mart, while all of our single friends are begging us to come out with them. I had to draw the line when I was invited out on V-day weekend to a club where the girls were given locks & the guys were given keys & you had to search for the other half of your pair. When it didn't appeal to me in the least, but appealled to my friends is when I knew I'm getting old. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah! You're not uncool.. because if you are, that makes me uncool too. Because that evening sounds awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's ok at least you're not the losers who get up and go at 8:00 on Saturday morning to beat the crowd like we are :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my favorite friday night gym activity? The gym. Seriously no one is there. It's amazing.

    Hubs and I definitely went to target at like 9pm friday night. Only to get milk though.

    You are definitely not lame, i think it sounds like a fab weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. we love to go grocery shopping friday night too! It's so peaceful! the worst time of all is after church on sunday...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend to me. I LOVE Five Guy by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. uhh.. I went to Wal-Mart on Friday night and it was PACKED! I want to go where you go...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally identify! I feel really old when it comes to some of my friends because I would definitely prefer to stay in and play monopoly instead of head to a bar...I'm just waiting for them all to eventually come around and recognize the bliss that is my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, we are old, right there with you honey! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like an ideal weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have a Five Guys almost an hour away from us. But it's so good, we make the drive. For a dinner burger. It's that good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GIRL.! I am 18 and I love scrabble. My Fridays are so less eventful than yours. Simply, work. BOORRIINNGG.! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're not uncool! We usually go out to eat and do our grocery shopping on Friday nights. It seems to be less busy then and we're too tired to do much more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can never leave Target without a basket full of stuff. It doesn't matter what I need, I always come home with way more.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like my kind of weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like we are uncool together girl! I love weekends where we hang around and accomplish nothing!

    ReplyDelete