Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Nursery Sneak Peek: Part 3

I have a confession. Yesterday I made it seem like I did a bunch of nothing. While my day did indeed consist of some relaxing, I also stayed quite busy and productive (while unshowered and in my comfies alllll day!) making delicious breakfasts, homemade chocolate chip banana bread, doing school work, and-oh yea...working on nursery projects that sat unfinished for a long.long.time.

I call it divine inspiration. When suddenly, you get the urge to complete something...and you just do it.

While I will not spoil it all for you quite yet (but, honestly...I'm TOTALLY dying to show you all the pictures)....I will show you a few more sneak peek pictures.

***
First of all...we found something that was just perfect for the look we're going for in regards to the baby quilt. However, I happened to fall in love with a TWIN sized quilt, which is massive for a crib. A lovely 2nd mother of mine is going to cut it down, add chocolate brown trim and make it perfect for our little chica.

Here's a peek.

***

Then, I spent some time painting those 97 cent frames I found at GoodWill a while back...and it looked like mass chaos, I tell ya. In fact, it was a little chaotic. As I was off in another room, my dog decided it would be a GREAT idea to run right on top of all the wet paint, ruining the paint job I'd just done. Needless to say, I had some touchup work to do--but, he's running around with pink paws. Muahaha....serves him right.


***

To fill the frames I went through lots of different ideas...but, ended up with the idea of doing simple brown silhouette paintings of both owls and birds. Originally, we were going just for owls...but, we'd found a great bird mobile from Pottery Barn for under 5 bucks (I know, right?!)--and decided that our love for birds throughout the rest of the house was bound to creep in the nursery at some point.


***

So now, I promise to show you how this chaos DIY artwork turned into lovely accents for the room.

The brown shelves were a 2 for $5 find at Christmas Tree Shops. They were white and I painted them chocolate instead.

The tin-artwork you see: "Welcome", and the "peace", "hope" and "love" were from the shabby-chic section on clearance at Joanns Fabrics. I think I got them all for under $2 a piece. I had to repaint the green one to get it more of the correct green color-but that was no big deal.

***

Overall, I'm so pleased....I just love the softness of her room. It's so classic, but totally us at the same time.

You like?

Oh--and bonus! I just got an invite to my baby shower this week in the mail...I AM SO EXCITED! They are so cute. I love my sisters...they are the best. [I am not one of those girls that wants to be 'surprised' when 7-8 months pregnant. No thanks. Oh, and I blurred out my sisters phone number and such because, well, you know you're all dying to call her.]



40 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! I love how the nursery is coming together! The frames are so cute! How did you get the dots so perfect??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute invitations and love how the nursery is coming along. The colors are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were a busy gal! I can't wait to see the whole nursery. It is stunning what you have done. So creative! (Side note: I want that quilt for my bed!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable!!! I just love the colors. I think we may have to have you guys come down to decorate one for us when we are prego! :-) Great job. I cannot wait to see the rest of it!

    On another note, we're also getting a ton of snow here... It started yesterday morning and is not suppose to stop until tomorrow night! I think it headed our way after it hit you guys! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie the nursery looks SO CUTE! you guys have done a great job :)

    and by the way... i totally agree I would never want a surprise shower! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness you are so creative I LOVE it it looks wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally in love with your nursery and I haven't even seen the whole thing yet! Those invitations are adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your nursery, so far!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute Katie! I love your color scheme for the nursery. Did you say you guys got hit with snow the other day? We have about two inches on the ground and Tennessee thinks it's an emergency! muahaha ;) They don't even know what real snowstorms look like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The nursery is adorable! I can't wait to see the whole thing...what a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The room looks amazing and the shower invitations are TOO cute!! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nursery is so beautiful so far! I love the owls :) and the other birds. YOu have done a great job and I cannot wait to see the finished pictures. Oh, and the invitation is adorable!!

    I hope y'all have a happy and blessed Monday.
    xo,
    KA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved seeing it! You did such an amazing job on the room! So you!!!! You are amazing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie,

    The nursery looks amazing! You have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink and green are my favorite colors, if I'm ever blessed to have a baby girl they would be the colors I'd choose! The quilt is adorable, you did a great job on the nursery! How exciting

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE it! I can't wait to see the full thing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks great! I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The nursery is going to be amazing. LOVE the colors and how cute is the invitation! Precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE it all! Every last thing. Even the invites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!

    If you haven't cut down the quilt already, you might consider not cutting it down. Since the quilt isn't supposed to be in the crib due to SIDs concerns, it doesn't really matter if the quilt fits the crib. It would still be a little big to use with a toddler bed, but would transition beautifully as she gets older!

    Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore the frames and silhouettes. Love. So cute, and crafty, and perfectly girlie.

    I did most of the artwork for my daughter's room, mostly because I couldn't find stuff I loved...it always seems so perfect when you finish and put it up, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super cute room! Your little girl is a lucky lady to be sleeping in that precious room.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't wait to see ALL of the photos of the nursery! You are so talented, & everything looks so lovely! & I can't believe how much you DIDN'T spend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, so cute! I love the colors you're using. I see you have a mobile already, but have you seen this one? http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/
    I adore them :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really, REALLY love the colors you've chosen for the nursery! Very cute!

    And I didn't know you were in the Exton area...I'm near Reading. :) Enjoy your shower!

    ReplyDelete
  26. SO CUTE! Love the colors! Can't wait to see it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my gosh! i love love love it! I can't wait to see the finished thing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, it's perfect! I adore it! and that invite! You have wonderful sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE the quilt!!! And the paintings!! If we're ever blessed with kids I might hire you to do some painting for their nurseries! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, so far looks awesome~ I love chocolate brown and the pink and green!

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  31. It looks really good. I gave you a blog award - check out my blog to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. the room looks SO cute! and the owls on the invites are darling! :]

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute. I've not started our nursery at all yet. Like, I've not bought anything for it. I may freak out soon about that...

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so cute!!!!!
    I almost want a baby now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Okay, I ran across this old post of yours and am D-Y-I-N-G to know where you found that quilt for E's room?! We're moving my daughter to a big girl bed (and big girl room) in the next couple of months, since we're expecting Baby #2 in September (we keep the gender a surprise, so we're putting the baby in the gender-neutral nursery and moving A to a new room) and I have been searching high and low for a green/pink QUILT (not comforter) and PBKids is the only place I've found anything I like - ironically, it's called "Katie", lol - but it's no longer available! If all else, I'm hoping wherever you got it will still offer it, or at least has some options that are better than what I've come across.

    ReplyDelete