Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A public service announcement...or not...just a request to my friends.

Dear Friends,

I can call you friends now since so many of you de-lurked yesterday and introduced yourself. Some of you I've "known", others, not at all. Hooray! We are no longer strangers. It was really fun to hear where you're from, why you read, and that you're usually laughing 'with' me and not directly AT me. Come to find out, you're pretty sweet, too. Oh, but that might be due to the fact most of you are cake lovers-unlike myself.

But...
Can we make our friendship even better?

There is something that has really bothered me (not in a "I'm mad at you" bothered-type-way), and I think you deserve to know.

So, here it goes...

So many of you, like, SO MANY of you do not....I repeat, DO NOT have your email addresses attached to your blogger profile...and it hurts my heart.

Here's why.

There are times you say things in a comment that need no reply-but, there are times....yes, many times when I want to write you back, to thank you, to throw a witty joke your way (muaha)--and I.so.desperately want to click "reply" when I get that email of your comment and type back quickly (sometimes on a lunch break, when I have a second...etc). Yet...the dreaded, "noreply@blogger.com" comes up....

and I kind of want to cry.

Everyday.

It happens every.single.day to poor old me.

It's not a matter of me being too lazy to go over to your blog, and comment on one of your posts in response to what you wrote me--but more so, sometimes it's not something I'd want the entire world to see in comment-form. But, sometimes, yes, a quick email is easier and definitely more convenient for us busy-folks. It's not just about being easier, though. It's about principle. Yes. Principle. [Not really, it just sounds official.]

So, please. Do me a favor...today...and spare me the grief of seeing the dreaded noreply@blogger.com garbage one... more....time---

Its really simple.

I promise.

Let's have a quick lesson, shall we?

Go to your dashboard.
Click on Edit Profile (next to your picture).
Add an email address.
Click the check mark to make it visible.


And gosh darn-it if you're one of those who doesn't want to "share" your email address with all of us, then make one specifically for blogging purposes.

Trust me.

You'll be so glad you did. Or I will be glad. Whichever.

Make a pregnant woman even happier today, would ya?

Sincerely,

Me.


PS: I feel so much better having gotten that off my chest, and I feel like we can all be better friends now.


PPS: Yes, this post was somewhat brought on by the slew of comments I received on yesterday's post. There were many of you I wanted to reply to, and many of you who had emails attached did, indeed receive a response back from me. So, please-do me a favor and make sure you're reachable, that is, if you ever want to be reached. If not, just make sure you never think to yourself, "Psshh that Katie girl never acknowledges me".

~~~

Thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me about yourself yesterday. It was so cool. Don't be a stranger, you know...now that we're friends and all.

xoxo,

46 comments:

  1. Ha! I started typing this exact same post two days ago...it's still in my drafts. ;)

    I always get sad too...and it DOES take quite a bit of time to go back to that blog and try to find an email address to reply. I typically don't do replies via the comments section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't reply yesterday, but I think we "know" each other fairly well anyway, not that we couldn't' get to know each other better, but you know.

    Anyway, I completely agree with you about the email!!! Sometimes, I find myself replying and then when I go to hit send..... dun dun dun.. You know what happen. It drives me crazy! :-) So I'm glad you threw that out there!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe you have given me this talk before, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding my email now! I am a new follower and love, love, love your blog. If you get time, stop by my blog world and check it out. http://babymakesfour-tsands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

    I might have to link back to this because I think you worded it much better than I would have.

    It makes me want to cry when I can't reply to someone! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't have said it better myself! I love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You already know my email (*grin*), but I wanted to comment anyway and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! I never realized that mine was not set to show! Thanks for making me realize that Katie... I fixed that just for you :)

    Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. I might have to link up to this post today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also love when "annonymous" posts a question!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love when "annonymous" posts a question!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree! Also this new layout is so pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw I don't know if I have my Email on my profile but I will go right now and make sure I do...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie, I am ali@mylifewiththem.com

    I try not to use my google account because it hates me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Alright you convinced me! Actually, I didn't even know about this feature. So now I have a new email address dedicated to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this post!! i always want to email bloggers, but i feel like it would seem "weird" since i don't "know" them...but it's on now! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. THANK YOU! I hate that too. I always want to respond and I get so sad when I cant :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are SO right! In my short time in blogging, it's quickly become one of my pet peeves. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have obeyed! But if I get spam...I'm blaming you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good thinking! I've encountered the same thing.
    I'm Erin, I blog at Little Texas Love Nest over here and I'm reading because that sweet girl, Neely sent me your way!
    I love that your baby is summersaulting over there on the sidebar, such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I got this talk many many moons ago...and now I'm the one who gets annoyed by the noreply blogger! Especially when they ask me a question or leave a comment that requires a reply. Ummm...hello how I am I supposed to answer you with no email!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This drives me INSANE!!! I was actually going to make a post about this either today or tomorrow, and I probably still will lol. I hate so bad when I can't write back to them. It kind of makes sad.

    ReplyDelete
  23. couldn't have said it better myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Neely sent me your way, but I can't believe I haven't been here before! My name is Kate as well and our first little lady (Rory) was born last May 6! It's the perfect time to have a little one. Warm enough to go on walks, but not sweltering in the house. :) Best of luck!!! I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I never thought about that before. Will go add it right now - thanks!
    Hope you have a great Wednesday!
    Blonnie

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a GREAT post! Everyone should definitely have their email attached. It drives me crazy when they don't!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Katie, You're adorable!

    I think I have introduced myself to you before, but I will redo it...I am Hope. I'm 25 and in love with the man of my dreams. He's a god loving boy from Texas and I am a RI girl who lucked out meeting this southern gentleman in cold New England. We complement each other well :) Also, I love teaching elementary art for a living and am inspired by your "other" blog ;)

    On the downside of things, I spend too much time online and there are so many wonderful blogs out there that it overwhelms me!

    You can contact me on my blog: http://hopechella.blogspot.com/
    I love comments :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Whoops! I didn't even realize my email was hidden. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was reading another blog and she was showing diaper bags...Thought you would love this one with owls on it....here is the link...http://raechelmyers.blogspot.com/2010/02/great-diaper-bags-under-100.html
    Its the 2nd bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. amen!!
    i should send a few peeps your way to read this!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for explaining this! I now have a email with my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I live in Ohio and have followed your blog since I found out my daughter was having a baby. She is 34 weeks and will be induced in 3 weeks!!! OMG! I think I found your blog when surfing the net for pregnancy information. While surfing, I also learned how to do my first blog. Now I blog about my daughter who is having my first grandchild and I am also blogging about my other daughter's wedding plans! PS....My e-mail is visible....Oh and by the way, I am an elementary principal....so we have education in common!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  33. I am your newest follower! I love reading other's blogs and I love blogging myself! You seem like a really nice, down-to-earth girl!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i read this, and i complied, immediatly! thanks for the instructions too!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for this post. I am new to the whole blogging thing and I didn't even realize my email wasn't set up.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I made sure mine was on there. I have one that I don't always see when something comes in so I changed it to one just for the blog :) Hope you are having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I will go to my dashboard right now!!!!:>)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I just figured it let you e-mail people back but didn't show you their e-mail. Sort of how craigslist uses a dummy e-mail for people to use. I fixed mine now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is the sole reason I switched to a wordpress blog. Blogger really needs to change their system and allow for replies.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ugh I totally know what you mean. Cuz I'm a person that like to CONNECT with people. I would reply to EVERYONE's comments (since I get like 5 lol) if I just could hit REPLY.

    I posted something like this maybe last year and it really didn't help :( I think you worded it better than me tho lol

    ReplyDelete