Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Push me over the hump, please.

Its only Wednesday and I'm already having one of those weeks...you know...those long, drawn out, would you hurry up and be over weeks. I've had obligations, appointments, dinner dates scheduled every night, and still have a professional observation of my teaching, an open house at school tomorrow night and then a banquet on Friday night.

On top of all that 'at night' stuff (and you know I really prefer my nights at home) I have going on, I also have had quite a crazy week of grad work. I have three small assignments and one big one all due FRIDAY. Seriously? Don't you know how busy I am?? Pshhh.

Sometimes, I wonder if all these things/events/people come together to devise a plan to dump it all on me in ONE week just to see if I can hack it. You know...to see if I pass the test of "hey let's load more on her ever-expanding body!" [Side note: As of my appointment yesterday, I've gained another 3lbs. That puts me at a grand total of 14lbs now. I just sigh a little every time I step on the scale and try to remind myself I'm growing a human, here.]

Although, I'm sure it's just a darn coincidence.

Oh, and I'll be honest, as busy as this week is and will be...I completely budget time in there for Declan and I to watch our shows, because...umm...I can't miss American Idol, or the Bachelor, or Amazing Race (to name a few). Plus, I still need time to, you know, unwind and relax in all this busy-ness.

Call this irresponsible.

Call it immature.

But I need some me-time. Or us-time, rather.

Once this week comes to close, I hope to get rewarded with a nice relaxing, weekend. [We'll see about that--the weather is calling for another big 'snowicane' around these parts. Sigh. Well, at least I get out of shoveling duty.]


*Edited to add: [since i wrote this post last night]

This morning was one of those mornings....seriously...I hate "those" mornings. It just figures with this week I would have one of those. First, I had a serious mental breakdown over my work maternity pants while getting ready. I couldn't find the ones I wanted, it was as if they disappeared. Then, I lost a tank top that I had JUST.set.down and seriously...couldn't find it. I flopped on the ground of the closet and cried, like a freaking baby, and Declan had to find my shirt for me. Seriously. Hormones, for real?

Then, I got to school all early feeling super good...and realized some little thief (called people who use my room after school) stole my q-tips that I needed for a painting lesson. You know, that lesson I am being observed teaching. So I had to get back in my car and run across the street to my other school and get the q-tips from there. I lost all the extra time I "thought" I was gonna have.

On top of all that, one of my guy friends/co-workers told me that I was sure to gain another 30lbs or so because "you always gain a ton of weight at the end". I wanted to slug him.

So, watch out for me today. I'm seriously in a not-pretty mood.

Hoping your week is stress-free...

Happy Hump Day!

23 comments:

  1. This week has been going very slow for me as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe 'me' and 'us' time is very important - Don't leave those out!!

    Happy Hump Day - It's all down hill from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay... I know I'm not a "real" friend... I'm just a blog stalker... however, I'm stepping out and giving a little bit of unsolicited advice (something I try hard to NEVER do).... SOAK up that me-time & us-time and do not feel ONE BIT guilty about it! VERY VERY VERY soon me-time & us-time will be a rare occurrence (you know as rare as say: Haley's comet).... that person you're growing (btw... 14 lbs! pshaw! talk to me when you're nearing 50 lbs then you can feel bad about it! you're GROWING A PERSON IN THERE!) is about to monopolize every bit of your free time and you won't have much time for "me" or "us" so drink it in now girl and don't feel a BIT irresponsible or immature! in 18 years you can start feeling irresponsible or immature about it again :)

    Have a great hump day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those weeks...they just seems to drag on! Good for you for still making time for each other...that is so important! You always seem so have it so "together" no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, first.... 14 lbs while caring an extra human in your tummy is so ok! second, I hope everything slows down for you and you are able to enjoy your weekend with Declan! And third, what did you think of Idol?? What girl do you think will go on? I'm super excited for tonight's guys to sing! Ahhh Such a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They say misery loves company so I'll tell you...Logan has the stomach flu. Again. I am sure that means that I will get it by Thursday. Sets me up for a fabulous weekend, huh? Here's hoping that, if nothing else, you stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you had such a rough morning!!! I hope the rest of the week flies by!!! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me & "us" time is so so important and you deserve every minute of it! I hope you get some this weekend... and if you do, indulge! Hope the rest of your week flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have the same problem losing my clothes & I'm NOT pregnant! Of course, when I can't find something I FREAK out & AJ has to come find it for me, because I could be staring at it & not see it.

    I hope your day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope the rest of your week gets better...or at least ends soon!! Don't feel guilty about me time or us time...from what I hear these may be some of the last moments you get to yourself. Enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry you are having one of "those" days and weeks! I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend at least!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it must be something in the air it's been one of those days for me too. :(

    Hope your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think Its the weather. This week is creeping very slowly by. I also had a ton of stuff due this week at school on top of two exams.! Boo, to school. I hope the rest of the week is sunshining is your life. You deserve to be happy. I mean lets face it your prego isn't that enough to deal with.! You deserve a break. Embrace the fun times you can this week.!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need a boost myself. *hugs*!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you have a better day!!

    PS. I think you are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I sure hope things perk up for you today! I knew you loved Bachelor like myself, but Amazing Race too! Oh I just adore that show. It's the only show that has good drama but is so NOT predictable.

    Don't worry I totally gained all my weight in 2nd tri and was down to a pound a week the last tri. Still doesn't sound good but it's better than 3 pounds a week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh girl.... just hang in there!!! Friday is coming soon enough (although probably not for you, ha) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. eeeks-that is a bad morning!

    I hope your week flys by and you have a relaxing, wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel ya! This week has been slower than a turtle and my students are driving me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Its only Wednesday and I'm already having one of those weeks...you know...those long, drawn out, would you hurry up and be over weeks. "

    I could have written this post, minus the baby bump. I had THREE psychosocial meetings I had to attend for kids today alone. It's like Grand Central (Stress) Station right now

    And I hate it, too! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in denial that I have an 8-10 page paper due on Friday... oh yeah and umm I haven't started it yet. Ah well, such is life as a student!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sometimes I think it is just impossible to be a good full time teacher and student at the same time!

    ReplyDelete