Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowy, snowy week it seems.

This last weekend we got slammed with a snow storm...I'm talking, over 2 feet, easy. It was actually really nice to be home, getting work done in my comfies, with the husband stuck inside too...taking care of all the shoveling (I heart him!). He wanted to make sure we stayed nice and healthy (and contraction-free) inside.

Well, yesterday we had a 2 hour delay in our school district, and in fact, it was questionable whether or not we should have even gone into school at all. The back roads were REALLY bad. But, we all seemed to make it--and only had a few late buses come in.

This morning, we got another 2 hour delay, because, the temperature hasn't risen enough to melt things...and so....some of those back roads again still.suck.big.time.

While I've been enjoying these two hour delay days, eating some really delicious breakfasts, and watching the news for the first time in a long time--the week is only going to get more hairy.

You see...this afternoon, we are getting slammed with another 12-18 inches of snow into tomorrow. That's TWO "blizzards" in ONE WEEK. Are you serious...!?!? Honestly.

So, my goal is to embrace this *last* snowstorm (just my prediction that we're done after this), and then wish for Spring with all my might. My plan is also to wish that my husband's place of work closes down too, so that I'm not alone at home all day on a snowy day (because school will totally be canceled tomorrow and probably even Thursday), feeling guilty about my lack-of-shoveling, and watching too much tv, I mean, doing too much grad-homework.

I need someone to keep me sane.

For the next few hours until the big storm hits, I plan on going to school for just an hour and ten minutes, and then heading out early for my glucose testing this afternoon. You know...!? The test with the gaggy-orange-drink that everyone dreads? Yea, that'll be me this afternoon.

Wish me luck, and you're sure to be hearing from me while we're buried under with more dreaded snow.

Happy Tuesday!

25 comments:

  1. Bring a straw for your glucose test! It makes it go down So.Much.Easier. It's not horrendous, just tastes like really sweet flat orange soda.

    Heartburn city.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this wrong: But I'm envying you all and your snow days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly Katie, you'll be pleasantly surprised. The orange drink is not so bad! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got a couple of inches and were off today. My mom asked if I thought we'd be off tomorrow, too. Things are sure different here. In fact, yesterday we were off, and we literally had a dusting. Apparently the roads were bad in the morning, but when I went out at 9, it was absolutely fine. We are wusses!! :) Enjoy your time at home. Sending you warm weather wishes and that you have the same opinion of the glucose drink as I did...that it was no big deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yuck! We've been getting hammered with snow too! It's been snowing since Sunday morning and I'm getting tired of it! :-( It does not make for a fun filled week and it makes me wish even more that I worked in the schools so I could have a late start or a day at home once in awhile! haha

    Hope the test goes well! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate snow, I am so over winter. We are getting the storm too.

    Be safe and good luck on the test. Praying for a pass!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it's going to snow again! This is getting a little ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, isn't it crazy?! I'm in Northern Virginia and we got over 24 inches in 24 hours! We finally get kind of dug out of that and we're supposed to get anywhere from another 10 to 20 inches today and tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl.... stay warm and YAY for snow days though!!!! Hope all goes well with the test :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If there's one silver lining to snowstorms...it's gotta be snow days! Enjoy and stay warm!

    Good luck on your Glucose test, mine is a ways off and I'm already dreading it! My poor friend failed the first one and had to do the 3 hour one....yuck! At least she passed the 2nd time around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe you're getting THAT much snow! Stay inside and keep warm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there! New follower...I love your blog. I cant wait to read more :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stay warm! Get some yummy decaf pomegrante green tea - It's HEAVEN!

    Good luck on the test, I am sure it will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It still blows me away that you all get 2 feet of snow and don't miss school. Kentucky is so different, they call off school at the sign of any type of winter weather. I wish they would be more prepared so that the kids could go to school like that! :) Hope all goes well at the doctor today.

    ReplyDelete
  15. From the rest of the comments the test doesn't sound so bad huh? Good luck with it, I hope you pass with flying colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yuck...doesn't this winter seem never ending! I am so tired of this snow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had my glucose test this morning too! Ugh, that drink wasn't too bad but I didn't know I had to drink so much of it! Hope your results come back good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish you luck with your glucose monitoring test, (I think that is what you say anyway). I will probably be snowed in as well, so we can share our snow stories. Be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I actually liked the orange drink ~ I know I'm weird. My doctor let me drink it at home so I put it in the fridge beforehand. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so tired of the snow!
    I haven't had work yet this week...but I'm not really complaining about it. hah.

    Enjoy your day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I might like your personal blog even more than your art teaching blog. You're a great writer and sound like such a fun person in real life...Obviously a good combination for wife, mom & teacher :) I'm going to be an aunt in June for the first time and can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Part of me is TOTALLY jealous of all that snow because I love snow storms (when you have no where *important* to be or you don't have to be on the roads). HOWEVER, I know how much snow in February/March sucks. Except for snow on Feb 21, which is our anniversary, and I was SO glad to have a white wedding! :) Everyone else hated the snow storm we had, but I LOVED it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are getting this horrible snow also. I am so used to having a thousand snow storms by this point, but we only got one really drastic one. I am excited I miss it.! Make sure you stay warm.! Good luck on your test also darling.!

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are getting hit with snow too. It does NOT stop! Good luck with the test!

    ReplyDelete