Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


I'm thankful that I'm sitting here on a Thursday morning, cozied up on my couch with a cup of coffee and oatmeal watching the Today Show.

Why am I home? Oh yes...I'm thankful for a snow day today. I know most teachers hate them because they must be made up, but this time..I'm the lucky one. All my snow days are adding onto the end of the year now, and where will I be at the end of the year?? Oh yea...at home, raising my baby.

This also cancels my open house at school tonight, and for that...I'm also thankful. Who wants to be at work until 8pm, honestly?

I'm so thankful for a full day to devote to all that grad work I talked about yesterday. I feel less pressure and I love that.

I'm thankful that although its snowing, Declan can take my car to work (the 'better in snow' car) and I don't have to worry about him in his mazda6.

I'm thankful that our little baby girl seems to be doing really well. She's extremely active and seems to be going through a growth spurt as my uterus measured slightly larger then where I am. Her heartrate is now in the 130's (it went from 170's at 6weeks...and over time dwindled down to 130's), which is kind of cool because as it gets lower, we're getting closer to meeting her!

I'm thankful for the weekend that's coming oh so soon, and that it seems that I've almost made it through this week that felt impossible.

Happy Thursday!

What are you thankful for this week?

16 comments:

  1. I too and thankful for the snow. It gives me and the hubs a chance to hang out because all I seem to do is work anymore. It also gives me the chance to do some more much needed house work, oh and to finally send out our thank you cards. I am also thankful that we live in an apartment, and we don't have to shovel. Thanks for asking, have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you with a snow day. I am running a two hour delay this morning. It is still nice to have two extra hours to myself in the morning. Have a great day at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for snow days that don't need to be made up! hope you enjoy your relaxing day (despite all the grad work). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for a Snow Day!
    I am thankful for coffee because this morning I needed 2 pots. I am also thankful for a husband that made breakfast and cleaned the kitchen because I am still not feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. See! God works in mysterious ways! He knew you needed today off for that grad work! :-) Glad it worked out for you! Yeah for a growing little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am jealous of your snow day! Sitting at home curled up on the couch with a cup of coffee sounds beyond relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's def nice having a snow day today however I am just so.over.it. I hate looking out and seeing white and gray. I wanna see green and a big yellow sunshine!!

    I just read the above story and wow. I am literally sitting here in silence. Life is just amazing and truly unique. That little girl will be oh so loved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another snow day? I really need to move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy snow day my love! Enjoy your day of easy-going nothingness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. NOTHING is better than a cancelled open house. I hate them perhaps more than what is healthy.

    I am thankful that the doctor confirmed my suspicion of reflux in Logan...and I'll be even more thankful if the medicine works!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw I bet you Love those snow days I know would...Take it easy girlie..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all good things to be thankful for!!! I don't miss snow days though...good luck this weekend!! Be safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. See.! Everything worked out so well.! Hope you finished your work missy.! (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome that you get to enjoy the snow days, but you won't have to make them up! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love snow days too! I don't think we'll get one anytime soon in Hawaii though. :(

    I'm also thankful for your scarf video. I bought a new scarf today as I'm planning on visiting my hubby in Japan in a few weeks (he's deployed)! Looking forward to some cooler weather and rocking my braided scarf! (And lots of hubby time for sure!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH how funny you don't have to make up your snow days:) That was me last summer, I was like see you later suckers:)

    ReplyDelete