Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Final Nursery Reveal!

Well, the room is finally (basically) done. Now, onto the other 398038409 things I put on my "nesting" list. Seriously, I've gone nesting-crazy lately. I mean, I can hardly sit still...and some days are worse then others.

But, let's focus on the nursery today, shall we?

Before you start clicking through all the pictures-follow along with me as I explain my thoughts--err, whatever they are.

~*~

Below is a nice overhead shot of the bulk of the room. The actual layout of the room is kind of odd, and hard to explain via pictures-but you'll get it.

We decided to keep the chocolate brown curtain-look in here. The reason? With everything else going on, it's just nice to have them a solid color. Also, we found a great deal on room-darkening curtains at Target, and voila-they had them in brown.

...and yes, on that shelf IS a custom monogrammed frame, and YES, I blurred out the letter.

The changing table and dresser:

I love, love, LOVE this dresser. It's so nice and long, and so many of her clothes fit in here! It's great. Also, because it's so long, there's plenty of room to keep a basket full of all the essentials (diapers, wipes, cream, lotion, etc...) at an arms reach.

You should remember that little owl on the branch I painted from this post.

Not pictured (because we don't own it yet!) is the Pottery Barn lamp below. It will go to the left of the dresser shown above. We haven't decided on the lamp shade color/style yet.



A little further to the left is the closet. We recently installed an extra rod to hang more clothes on, and also the little storage system that's on the ground. This way, it's a good place to store baskets with little essentials. Also, we installed the two baskets on the left wall of the closet (which we've owned for years and never used) which currently hold socks/tights.

...and I promise, she has waaaay more clothing then that. But, most is folded in her drawers and I wasn't feeling up to taking them out just to make the picture look cute.
Oh, and here's a closer shot of the photo board I made pictured above. SUPER simple. I'll definitely be adding some more fun pictures to it in the future.

This brown material is the same material used on the edging of the crib quilt. Remember back when I told you about the quilt and that it was a twin size? (It's all I could find that I liked!) Well, a wonderful friend/2nd mother of mine cropped it down to size for me and added the chocolate edging.

Ohh, and see that basket to the right of the crib? Don't you love it? It came from a friend packed with bath-goodies for a shower gift. But now it holds my boppy, and all her blankets are rolled up in there. I love it!

Oh, in case you're wondering-that cute little owl perched on my chair is from Pottery Barn Kids. It was also a shower gift from two of my beautiful friends. I think she's so cute sitting there!

Another view:

That's my custom hooter-hider (aka: breastfeeding cover) hanging there. I picked the fabric and all--and it's sooo pretty (and neutral for those days down the line when it's possible I'll have a boy). Those bird hooks will likely hold her wet little hooded towels in the future.


When you enter the room, this is what you'll see below.

[Ohhh, be careful, though. I'm TOTALLY tricking you. You see that "B", there? Well, I replaced the real letter with the extra "B" I have laying around (honestly, I have a few of them depending on which name we went with for which gender...we picked them up at a yard sale last spring when I was pregnant the first time!). So I absolutely swear my daughters name does not start with a "B", nor does it even have one IN the name at all. There's a hint for you.]

Oh, and yes. I'm kicking myself for not vacuuming before taking these pictures. Gah!

You can see the beautiful quilt below the best. I went with a very simple bumper, and also just have sheets in solid colors (green and pink--green is shown). I'm really not a fan (for myself) of the matchy-matchy sets. Although some are terribly cute, they just aren't my style.

Oh and don't forget just how cute those little birds on the mobile are. That was a $4.99 steal from Pottery Barn Kids Outlet (woot! woot!). Love that place.


So, do we like?


Tell me your thoughts...but be nice. Remember, I'm very pregnant [and could bite your head off! hehe].

Happy Monday!


67 comments:

  1. I love those colors! The room is perfect! Great choices on everything! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it!! Pottery Barn Kids makes a whole set with those owls that I am in love with. Your taste is very similar to mine, I love the tree decal!! I def want one similar when we have a nursery to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE. You have one very lucky little girl!! She is going to love it!! You guys have done an amazing job. That quilt is awesome & the silhouettes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with her room! You did an AMAZING job. It honestly looks perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. Pottery Barn always has the best items :-) I think all of the colors work great together. I'm sure your daughter will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the room turned out super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it!!! so cute. i like that everything isn't too matchy, but there is still an overall theme. if i were your baby, i would totally love to live in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! It's so cute and home-y! I can't wait to see its inhabitant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. I was so torn between brown and pink and mint green and pink. I went with green but I still LOVE the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw I love the tree on the wall it is so pretty and that chair ugh I LOVE it..I think you did and AMAZING job on the baby's room it look so Great...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've done such a wonderful job ~I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The room is adorable! It has been made with love, that is for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. THAT is the CUTEST room!!!! I may need you to come decorate MY house!!! (not a nursery of course...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! You really did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh Katie, it's beautiful! Your little girl is going to come into this world with the cutest stuff and the best style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This room is over the moon incredible! This is exactly how I would want my future daughters room to look like!

    You guys did such a great job! :) I am super impressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its amazing!! So beautiful. Great job lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should be very proud. It looks fantastic. Our future baby's room is going to be sage green and then depending on the gender, we'll go from there. :) Love the colors. Baby B hahaha will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love the decals on the wall and the owl theme. The colors that you picked also go so well together. It looks so cute and cozy! Nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE IT! Everything is just perfect and a great room for her to grow in to!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ::sigh:: is it wrong to want a baby now, just to decorate the nursery?? it looks AMAZING katie, and i think you should come to my house and decorate for me. i'll play with the little one while you work =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it!! Everything look perfect and ready for her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore the room. Everything fits together perfectly with out being too matchy-matchy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah-MAZING! You did a wonderful job and she is going to LOVE her room. xoxo, KA

    ReplyDelete
  24. absolutely adorable!!! it's like i was channeling your thoughts exactly with my blissful birdie frames!! can't wait for the big name reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Katie, I just LOVE it! You did a great job on everything! I love the owl theme and that tree! ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so beautiful I don't even have words! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Soo adorable! It's perfectly fitting for the adorable little girl that will be occupying the room! :) Great job Katie! Can't wait to find out her name!! Ahh the suspense! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's so nice to see how it all came together! Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's lovely! One of the most beautiful nursery's I've ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhh I absolutely love it, you have thought of everything and you are sooo organised already! Wow I need to get my pregnant butt in gear on our nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely perfect! This makes me want to have a baby (okay, maybe not) but this totally makes me want to re-decorate a room! You guys did an awesome job with the awesome deals and finds at various places.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can I tell you how obsessed I am with all the cute little owls? I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love it! It's REALLY adorable. Sadly, my computer is being stupid and won't load all of the pictures, but I love all of the ones I CAN see!!! Where is her little horse/giraffe? lol

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love it. It is so beautiful for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love, love, love it!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This nursery is way too cute! I LOVE it! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  37. how beautiful! you guys did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm in love! The colors look great together and I love all the little touches- the owl on the chair, the quilt, etc. She's gonna love her room!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's awesome!! I love the owl theme and the colors are great. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Katie, the nursery is BEAUTIFUL! What a lucky little girl you'll have!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I don't just like! I love! I love pink and green mixed with browns - especially chocolate brown! You did great! I'd steal this nursery in a second if I a) had this much talent, and b) had a baby to put in it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Katie, my goodness, this is gorgeous.! I just told my mom I wanted a baby so I can decorate a nursery. (: You have such an artistic touch. Your girl will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love it. Makes me want to go redecorate Aiden's nursery, and my room too! lol It's great, you can see how much love you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  44. It's absolutely adorable!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Super cute! You did a great job. Have fun enjoying the fruits of your labor, pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the colors and the fact that it does not scream girly or babyish. Looks like a room she can grow into and enjoy for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love!!! And I saw something super cute today and thought of you and future baby B. I didn't have time to grab it today, but if it's there the next time I go in that store, I'm definitely grabbing it and sending it to you. It just ah.dor.ah.ble.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I LOVE it! You did a great job. The pink, green, and chocolate brown is perfect together. Love, love, love the birds and owls. Love the chair, too! Now, I'm DYING to know her name!
    (This might sound really weird, but I seriously dreamed you named her Hughes! Yes, I dreamed about you! ha!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. I adore your nursery! I told hubs I want that Pottery Barn owl..and we have no children. I can not wait to hear your baby name!!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love the room! It turned out SO precious! My husband was looking over my shoulder and made the cheesiest joke (but flattering, I promise!) He said: "Oh COOL! They did owls for their nursery. That means they give a HOOT about their daughter!" He's silly, but I thought it was kind of cute. Anyway, 2 thumbs up for such a precious room!

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the colors, I love the owl theme! It's so stinking cute and not too babyish! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh my goodness, this is my favorite nursery every. I just love the paintings you did on the wall. They add such a neat personal original touch!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love your nursery! If I ever get pregnant, I might just ask you for some decorating advice;) I.am.in.love with your nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  54. LOVE IT!!!

    When I get married and have kids, will you please decorate their nursery?

    ReplyDelete
  55. I LOVE it! It is so perfect! The chair looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  56. LOVE LOVE LOVE it! you guys did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  57. So cute! I love the owl theme. Where did you get your chair from? I've been looking everywhere for a chair that is a decent price and can't find anything.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Um, no we don't like, WE LOVE IT! LOL
    It's perfect! You are going to have to fly out here and help me when that day comes for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. I totally like! I like it so much that I think you should come decorate my house for me!

    I can just picture you with the baby sitting in the glider being so happy that she's here!

    I can't wait to find out her name!

    ReplyDelete
  60. It looks wonderful! The whole room looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Oh wow!!! that looks absolutely beautiful- you should be an interior designer!!

    I love all the little accents and the colors. Adorable! =)

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  62. Katie you did such an amazing job! I knew it would be gorgeous anyway but seeing it put together just makes it that much better. I love the colors and of course the owls! :)

    This makes me wish we lived near each other even more because I ALWAYS see owl stuff and think of you! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh my gosh ... it's gorgeous!!!! I love!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete