Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My toilet epiphany.

On Monday I was taking a 2.5 second bathroom break at work. I take them alltoofrequently. In fact, in between every class. So, I pee essentially every 45 minutes give or take. Lucky me, though-I still don't pee in the middle of the night [knock on wood]-so I just figure I make up for it during the day.

Anyway, back to my bathroom break.

I was sitting there-and seriously, suddenly it just hit me how close this pregnancy is to being over.

Some of you will tell me that "these last weeks will dragggg by". I hear you, I do. But, I just ain't buying it right now. My life is waytoohectic right now to make anything go by slowly. Between finishing up my grad classes, having three art shows, trying to get a substitute acclimated to my classroom, my maternity photo shoot, Easter, my birthday, and lots of other things strewn in there...I can't see it going by slowly at all.

So, all of a sudden I got this shock of reality.

I'm having a baby.

Holy crap. I'm having a baby.

Having my shower definitely added to the realism of the situation.

Baby stuff strewn about my home, being organized by my sister, my friends, my hubby and I. Stacking diapers in the cute little bin next to the changing pad. Putting clean sheets and a bumper on her crib. Organizing her drawers by size and styles of clothing. Cleaning and organizing her closet. The list goes on.

But...

You guys...I'm having a baby.

Wow.

So, that little toilet epiphany led me to ask a few other teacher friends that day (who are moms) if this shocking reality happened to them, too (I always like to reassure myself I'm not that weird). They all reassured me that YES, indeed...you do get to a point where you realize it's really happening, and you ain't slowin' that clock down.

And please, don't get me wrong, I am dying to meet her. But, wow. This is REALLY happening. I am really going to be a mom. We are really going to be parents. I won't be pregnant forever. She WILL come, and it will be much sooner then I can truly grasp right now.

This little miracle, made in love, knit together in my womb by her Heavenly Father--this precious, precious gift will be here before I know it.

...and gosh darn-it, I couldn't be more thrilled.



Happy Wednesday!

31 comments:

  1. This is too cute! I can't even imagine how excited you are!!! I am sure it is crazy to think that you can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel, but how exciting that you have so much going on these next few weeks to help the time pass quickly and soon you will finally meet your beautiful daughter! Soooo exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don'tcha realize the darnedest things when you're taking a potty break?? :-) haha How exciting that it's sooooooo close, she will be here very soon and you'll be a mommy very soon! It's all to perfect! I cannot wait to FINALLY hear the name you've picked for her and to see how cute she is! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your too cute. Yes you are SOOO close to being a mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The surreal moments for me were the mornings we left for the hospital thinking I was going to meet my little one for the first time. That this is it, today is the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited FOR you! And just wait for your second pregnancy...the second you hit that second trimester, you'll go into that half panic-half excitement mode. It's weird how much earlier it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha - This was a cute little post. Yes ma'am, you guys are having a baby and she is going to be a heart breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so crazy. I remember thinking the same thing before Garrett came. Now that he's here, I wonder how we ever made it without him! I know you've been told this before, but it's totally true, enjoy these last few weeks while it's just you and your husband. It is a totally different dynamic being married with a baby, not that the romance dies, but it changes to everything (obviously) being about this little one. Savor that time with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck with your new little angel. My little girls changed my life forever (in a fantastic way).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so know that feeling. Ours just came a few weeks early, and all of a sudden I'm a mom of three. And she's all sleepy and smelling cute and stuff.

    And oh the baby feet. Pretty soon you'll have baby feet too. They're the yummiest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes I still look at Aidyn and think..

    Wow..

    He's mine. I grew him. In my tummy! HOW?!

    I am so blessed! So are you! We are all excited to meet her via blog as well!

    Enjoy your last few moments with her in your tummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so stinking excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I read "toilet epiphany", my first thought was those episodes of "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" where the girls just think they have to go to the bathroom & out comes a baby. Random, I know, but I had to share. Your toilet epiphany was much better than theirs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving how this all came to you on a bathroom break. I am so excited for you.! You will be such a good mom. Enjoy this time while you still can, and take lots of pictures so you can always look back.!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so exciting, isn't it? I love the anticipation. I was reading through old blog posts of mine from 8-9 months ago when I was preggo and it's crazy to read all my thoughts/fears then...I already feel like a seasoned vet :) (Most of the time!)

    You're going to be a great mom and are in for the greatest joy of your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEEK. You are so close now!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this post was so cute!! I love your epiphany. I'm getting so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This made me cry! (But you know me and babies...I'm a sap and a sensitive soul about this topic all wrapped into one.)

    Anyways, I know how you must feel. I'm the same way, even just about my good friend who's due in a few weeks. I mean, she's actually having a baby! Heck, I feel that way about you, too! I mean, you're actually having a baby! WHOA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so funny. Glad you finally realized it though - that's not really the kind of thing you want hitting you in the delivery room...

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love those 'smack reality hits' moments!

    and might i say ...lucky girl you aren't making frequent bathroom breaks in the middle of the night. i just pretend those are trial runs on waking up w/a newborn during the night! ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Katie, I remember that day.. it was the day my boy was born and the Dr. handed me him for the first time and I thought "Oh this is what has been happening to be all these months". That was almost 23 years ago. So enjoy.. I can honestly say it is a day you never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh girl! Reading this, I am thrilled for you!! 2 months is like nothing! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh the shocker, the realization that you are truly going to be having a baby really really soon, and there is nothing you can do to slow that down now! I agree, the days seem to fly, and she will be here before you have time to pack your hospital bag, so uh, pack that tonight!! I have 3 children, 1st baby was 4 weeks early, 2nd was 2 weeks early, and 3rd was 4 weeks early!! So really, anytime that they feel like it, the moment will be sprung on you! you will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I definitely had that epiphany just over the weekend! I was walking outside in the beautiful Spring-like weather and it just HIT ME....Spring is here....that means baby is coming....that means I'm going to be a momma!

    Yes, yes...I grinned from ear to ear when it happened but in all seriousness, it scared me too! It really is happening though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my gosh I totally felt that way!! So don't worry, I started to panic a lot in the last trimester!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That happened to me last weekend when I hit 30 weeks. Time will fly and then we'll be comparing notes on how much sleep we are getting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. YOU ARE HAVING A BABY!!! yayayayay! hah, let it sink in :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Aw! I love your excitement over this. :) I can't wait for her to come so we can read about all your baby stories as your little girl grows...I'm so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This totally gave me the chills when I read it! You are too cute :) She will be here soon and you are going to be the perfect mom!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are truly so sweet! I am so happy for you, you deserve to be a mother and I know you will do a wonderful job! Can't wait to see pics of this beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  30. ummm ya... I have 4 kids... and still once in awhile I go, "Ohmigosh! I'm a mom!"

    ReplyDelete