Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Nursery Sneak Peek: Part 4

I'm back with another sneak peek. The nursery is almost 100% done, and after I get some of the bedding necessities and such [hopefully after my shower!], I will have one final post for you all: The full blown reveal. I'm so excited.

For now, I have a few odds and ends to show you.
~*~

First, when you enter the room, this is what you'll see. [Well, almost. I had to move some things around because something with her initials was there, too.]

We finally found a half-round table to go in this spot. It has a shelf at the bottom which will soon hopefully be packed with lots and lots of books. I have to start stocking up. The table was a super-cheap find from Christmas Tree Shops-a measly $29.99. Everything else I was finding was over $75 and for a piece that was almost 100% for decoration, Declan wasn't quite cool with that. When my sister found this at CTS, he immediately said he had no problem with the purchase because it was so inexpensive.


I'll be honest, because it's cheap...it's not the best made thing ever. But, we had some solutions for that. First of all, the original paint job on it was a stark white, and quite crappy if you ask me. So, I spray painted it with some antique white to match the other furniture, which gave it a whole new look. Also, to save that thing from ever toppling over if a baby-turned-toddler starts crawling around on it, we are running a few screws through the back to hold it securely in place, since this room will be a nursery for quite some time. That was Declan's genius idea.

What's that you see on the table, there? Oh, well it's simply a thrift store find (by my lovely friend Sarah) of an old candle holder turned upside down. Now, it's a headband holder for an already-well-adorned little baby girl. I love the shabby chic look of it.


In the same area of the room, I had Declan hang cute bird hooks I found at JoAnn's for under $2 a piece. When the door is open, they hide behind it. I contemplated changing the color of them, but I ended up really loving the look of the darker brown to play off of the other browns in the room.

The hooks will be used to hang her towels, a jacket, or perhaps a baby sling as seen below. Again, my friend Sarah spoils me...and made this. I can't wait to wear my baby.

Best accessory EVER.


~*~

That's basically all I can show for now...

onto a few other things.

On Saturday me and Sarah got together to create. She has such an amazing space to just play and make some beautiful, fun, crafty things. My goal was to make a few things for my little miss. So, that I did.

Here are two hats I came home with. She already had the blue hat crocheted, and I just added the yo-yo embellishments and the pearl centers. I have a sneaky feeling you'll be seeing this hat on my girl within the first few hours of her life outside of the tummy.

The other hat was an old Gap baby hat she had for her girls. I decided to add a ribbon flower I created to make it more girly and just extra fun.


She also gave me some things she's been making for the baby early, since she won't be making it to my shower. I almost cried out of sheer exhilaration because I.love.homemade ANYTHING. I can feel the love people put into things handmade, and it makes me feel so loved and special. I am so obsessed with these outfits and headbands.

Yes, those are ruffles on the toosh. I am in love.

And this little gettup? I love it, so.

Yet again...the toosh...I can't wait to pat that little ruffled booty.


This weekend I started going through her clothes already...and as the drawers are filling up, so is my heart. I can feel it expanding already and welling up with this crazy desire to cuddle and love my daughter.

It's getting so real...

37 comments:

  1. I love the little head bands. They are so cute. Nursery looks great. Can't wait for the name reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH!!! Adorable! I"m gushing! I love love love everything you've done so far! Cannot wait to see the rest! You're putting ideas into my head for our soon to be baby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sneak peeks - can't wait to see everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are so far ahead of me it's not even funny. We are painting the nursery this weekend, then putting all the furniture in next weekend.

    I must say, I'm slightly jealous of all the cutesy little headbands and ruffles and girly stuff. I need to find something for boys that is equally as cute as the accessories girls have. Hmmm...maybe cute little "mama's boy" tshirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw I Love the headband holder what an awesome idea and the outfits with the ruffles Oh MY GOODNESS they are adorable....

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting!!!! I keep begging my husband to be "ready". I'm not having any luck, haha. I love love love the onesie with the black ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If my little peanut is a girl, do you mind if I steal the headband holder idea? Because I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for the nursery reveal. Sarah did a smashing job on the ensembles! Sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those baby outfits are too cute. You are going to have one stylin' little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see everything all together! and I'm in love with the little ruffle rears! how adorable!! You are one lucky lady :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yikes!!!! This is so exciting :D

    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the ruffles on the bottom! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ruffled baby butts = BEST thing ever!! i love your side table and headband holder...definitely tucking these ideas away for the next few years =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nothing is better than a ruffled tush! Nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the nursery so far, can't wait for the full out reveal. And the ruffled butt...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the items your friend Sarah made - looks like she is super talented! The nursery looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! So much adorable stuff in one post! I can hardly stand it! I can't wait to see pictures of your angel in all those headbands and outfits! So you have things in the nursery with her initials already? Have you told friends and family her name?

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh my goodness gracious. My eyes welled up reading this post :) Those are the sweetest things I'd ever seen! Your baby is going to be one stylish little girl :) I want the turquoise hat for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  19. :) How beautiful! This is exactly how I would decorate my little girls room! Aidyn had an all sports theme, but I think I may switch it when we move, to be trendy and boyish.

    Now I just need a little girl, so I can take some of your fashion advice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything is so incredibly sweet! You're giving me baby-fever!

    ReplyDelete
  21. tushy ruffles and bird hooks are my FAV! how precious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i LOVE organizing and prepairing all of those little clothes! there is something so special about those preperations...making everything just right (especially before there are any little fingers ready to mess it up :)

    oh and i'm in love with the "ruffle butt" onsies!!! adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh Katie... so stinkin' precious!! Checking out your registry makes me visualize it even more! Going to be such a little heaven for yalls sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute nursery and headbands! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nursery is looking good. Can't wait for the big reveal of the entire nursery!

    I love the idea of the candle stick holder turned upside down...genious!

    In love with the ruffled onsies :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. the nursery is adorable! The headbands are so cute! I cannot wait for the BIG reveal :]

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh ao cute!!! can't wait to see it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my gosh, the ruffles on the butt, cutest idea ever.! I love the way the room looks, can not wait for the big reveal.! It's like the extreme makeover home edition, except its extreme makeover nursery edition.! (:

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how the nursery is coming along!!! Glad you love the handmade things it was so much fun making them for your little precious ;-) Any time you feel like creating come on over... In 14 days when I find out what I'm having, I'll be very busy creating ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the little frillies on the bottom of that onsie! SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh goodness...I am just giddy for you! The nursery just looks great and those headbands and outfits are just too cute for words! You are going to have one stylish little girl! Can't wait to hear her name!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love love what I saw so far. I can't wait for the name reveal! Oh, and the ruffles on the tush...to die for!! Maybe, if I get crafty I will be able to duplicate the look, and if cute enough, will send it your way!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love all of it!!! The nursery pics are so cute. I can't wait to see the finished product.

    Headband holder = genius idea. I love it almost as much as I love the headbands.

    The hats and the onesies are so freakin adorable I can't stand it. I love, love, love the ruffled bottoms!

    I am definitely saving this post for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your daughter is going to have the most amazing clothes! So stylish... Just like her mommy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awww, I love it all! Girls are such fun to dress up-those ruffles are precious =)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh how lovely! This post is packed with cuteness! :)

    ReplyDelete