Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Some random things on a Monday...

-Although I had a 4 day weekend (thanks to the snow, or lack-there-of--Hello Awesome Weather People! Not.) it went really, really fast. Too fast.

-We ate out way too many times this weekend. Don't get me wrong...it wasn't ever really anything fancy, but still. We were just out and about a lot it seemed.

-Speaking of being out, we went and saw Valentines Day finally, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really cute and we loved how all the stories tied together.

-I ate sour patch kids at the theater. Still love them.

-I went to Old Navy for a quick stop with my sister to see how their 50% maternity section was looking. I'll be honest...not so good. I may or may not have sighed many long sighs in the dressing room while trying on clothes because everything.looked.disgusting. Ugh.

-On that note, thanks for making me feel beautiful with all your sweet comments on my 30 week pictures. I heart you all.

-A check-out lady at a store asked me about the baby and said she was gonna guess it was a boy based on the way I am carrying. I told her it was actually a girl and she seemed really surprised. I guess I was looking a bit basket-ball'ish that day. My bump changes daily it seems.

-My baby shower is this Saturday at a nice restaurant and I am SO excited about it. My sisters and mom are amazing and have already done a great job of planning it. Even though I have nothing to do with the planning of this event--we're all pretty party planning savvy and I think we should go into business. Don't worry, I'll post pictures next week.

-On that note, two of my close friends are flying in for my shower. They were both bridesmaids in my wedding and I LOVE them. So, next weekend will be a busy one, as I'll be hosting guests, but also so fun.

-Declan and I cleaned the house Sunday afternoon...and my back hates me for doing so. That REALLY might be the last time I clean like that.

-This week we start our childbirth class at the hospital. It just seems like a good thing to do for the first time, honestly, I could have gone without it--but, its probably good for Declan too.

Have a happy Monday!


23 comments:

  1. YAY 30wks!!! Can you believe we only have 10wks (give or take) left?! :):)

    I'm excited for your shower. You must post lots of pics. Mine isn't until March 21st so still a few weeks away.

    And yay for birthing class! We start ours next Tuesday...woo-hoo! Are you taking a breastfeeding class too?

    Have a FAB MONDAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hospital to give birth at is where Dez did... A nurse came in the following day and wanted to know if she wanted her massage then or the next day... !!!??!!! CC hospital is great, but they would be amazing if that were offered. Enjoy your birthing classes. I had a girl name Katie who taught the class and she was incredible. Hope you have a good instructor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo I can't wait to see all the fun things you get at your baby shower!

    Where you are registered?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birthing class will be interesting to say the least! Enjoy it! Mostly jorden and I sit and giggle when we're supposed to be staring into each others eyes for concentration haha

    Can't wait to see pictures from your shower! Mines April 11 (the first one anyway) and I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a beautiful Monday! And yay for your shower :) Cannot wait to see the photos!

    xo,
    KA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shower is going to be great, I just know it. Please, take tons of pictures so we can be there via the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it wrong one of the things i'm most looking forward to when we decide to have kids, other than the actual kids, is the showers?! i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh the Baby Shower sounds so fun...can't wait to see pictures! How exciting your friends are flying in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've been wanting to see Valentine's Day, glad to hear it was good!

    Hope you have a great time at your shower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting! Can't wait to hear all about your shower, sounds like its going to be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is is bad that I signed my hubs and I up for 4 classes at our hospital? Just want to have everything covered in time for baby I guess. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great now i'm craving sour patch kids too haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your shower! :) Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Child birth classes... OH man... it seems so close now! Can you believe it girl! Its like I'm going to see my niece any day now! Hehe! I hope you like the classes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Child birth classes... OH man... it seems so close now! Can you believe it girl! Its like I'm going to see my niece any day now! Hehe! I hope you like the classes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't buy into all of that "carrying high/carrying low" nonsense (or other old wives tales for that matter) but did want to point out a good friend of mine had confirmation she was having a girl and up to the point baby was born was looking for girls names. Turns out, she didn't need to do that because they had already had a boys name which is a good thing because baby is a boy. He's an adorable 5 month old boy. So, even these days, with a 100% certainty, they aren't always accurate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Party planning would be wonderful! I'm one of the few people I know who actually love baby showers. Even the games! Can't wait to have one of my own. Have fun at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you get some fun things at your baby shower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Sour Patch Kids!

    Can't wait to see pics from your shower. I went to one this past weekend for a good friend of mine and we had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sad that I won't be able to fly in and make you your very own diaper cake and tray of frozen babies:(

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love baby showers.! I have one to got to soon.! Hope you have a great time and post pictures.! Lots of pictures.!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My favorite place of Maternity clothes ended up being Target and Maternity Gap. I was never a fan of Old Navys maternity section

    ReplyDelete
  23. We have taken two birth classes and found them both really helpful. One is on natural childbirth and the other is just a basics class. When I hear other people's horror stories I think about what I learned inclass and I really think that most of them are because people are uninformed.

    Enjoy your shower! My first is this weekend too!

    ReplyDelete