Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spontaneous late night date night.

Last night Declan and I were driving home from our last childbirthing class (we are graduates now! yay! We can have a baby!) both complaining of hunger pains. Four hours prior we had eaten dinner, but we just ate some salad a tiny little bowl of soup. Obviously, it didn't hold us over too well.

As we were nearing home, Declan says, "Hey-wanna go to the diner?"

I got kind of excited at the thought of a $4 BLT sandwich & chips and said, "Umm...SURE!"

We looked at the clock in the car, and it finally clicked that I had NEVER changed the time since daylight savings, therefore, it showed us it was only 8:50pm-when truly, it was 9:50. PM, people. PM.

I'm a teacher. About to go out at 10pm on a school night. To the diner. Lugging my pregnant belly around. When I should be e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d. and in bed.

So, we went back and forth....

..."But...it is kind of late...."

"Oh, and what about the dog...?"

..."It's a school night babe, you sure you'll be okay?

"But we only have a few weeks left of being this spontaneous...."

[Meanwhile, we missed our most convenient exit to get there efficiently]

Declan told me to make the final call, and with exhilaration I said, "Let's do it!" (I felt like such a rebel on a school night!)

We detoured slightly, having missing our exit and off we were to the diner for a late night date.

Just the two of us.

I ate my BLT on wheat toast, and Declan ate his grilled cheese. He drank his coffee, and I chugged my one and a half glasses of ice water.

We talked about how crazy annoying the girl in the booth was behind us (seriously, you should have heard her)...we talked about nothing and everything...but most of all we enjoyed just being us.

No real distractions...just the two of us. On a school night. On a late night date. Being rebels.

You know what?

Even though I got to bed well after 11pm (which is decently late for this momma), it didn't matter.

We needed to be spontaneous. For us.

Our life is about to change majorly in 6-7 weeks, and during this time we'll enjoy just being two.

~*~

Happy Wednesday!

27 comments:

  1. such a sweet story. i'm glad the two of your decided to go to the diner. enjoy these last weeks together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds fun and like much needed yall time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how fun!

    Jorden and I have been finding ourselves out on lots of spontaneous dates lately! It's quite fun!!


    Enjoy the last few chances you'll get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story! I loved reading about your date night :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is always well needed, especially before 2 becomes 3! Glad you enjoyed yourselves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. and I'm glad you were a rebel! haha

    I can't believe that there's only 6-7 weeks left! That gives me chills! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds fun :) Those nights are definitely necessary every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I can just picture your excitement, saying "Let's Do It!" Very important to take these little moments to just be "you two." I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you make a few more late-night diner trips before your little lady makes her debut! Cute story!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so true! Enjoy it you rebel :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your crazy adventures are about as crazy as ours! Staying up past 10. Haha. Oh how things change! Glad you got to squeeze in one last spontaneous night!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Enjoy all those moments of just the 2 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you guys were able to get out and have a date night together! I love being spontaneous at times! haha 11:00 is very late, but eh you can sleep later right?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm assuming you're talking about Happy Days ;) I LOVE their BLT too haha.. glad you had a good date night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great time! I think the spontaneous dates are definitely the best ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! Now I am craving a BLT :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is too cute, it wouldn't have tasted as good if it wasn't spontaneous!!! Happy St. Patty's Day! hope you're feeling great, you sure look it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. :) Yay! Y'all are so precious. I am glad y'all got some one on one time. Happy St. Patty's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! And we kind of had the same experience last night too! We went over to a friend's house for dinner and got into some heavy competitiveness (playing Taboo!) and when we left I told my husband that it felt so cool to be doing this on a "school night." Ha! (Neither of us are teachers, either). Love that you and Declan do this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love late night diners! Good for yall! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. How wonderful! :) It's so good to date nights and remember why and how much you love eachother!

    :) LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww, what an adorable story! It totally sounds like something my husband and I would do. :) I'm glad you guys had a nice spontaneous night out, just the 2 of you.

    Also, I recently became a follower of your blog...I love it! If you get a chance, check out my blog. www.MrsErikaB.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is just what you should be doing, you rebel teacher, you! It's good for Little Miss for her parents to have that kind of love and relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like so much fun.! I am glad you went.! I love diners.!

    Check out my giveaway:
    http://silkybowties.blogspot.com/2010/03/so-i-am-doing-this-thing-called.html

    ReplyDelete