Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

A super quick update from a really exhausted lady.

Its 11pm and officially past my bedtime.

But, I had the best day e.v.e.r.

EVER.

Today I had the most beautiful baby shower. It was seriously the best, most gorgeous, well thought out shower ever. My sisters and mom are amazing and made it so VERY special for me in every way. They decorated the restaurant just perfectly. They made the most gorgeous flower bouquets. Green, pink and brown were used in the decor. There was a "wishing" tree my sister made, and people wrote down little blessings for my daughter (I've yet to read) and hung them on the tree. The food was delicious. The cake, holy cow...my sister-in-love, Kesh is a cake-making-diva let me tell you. It had the most precious owls on it made out of fondant. The favors were pink and green owl cookies they bought from Etsy. The lovely ladies who attended...the family....the friends that flew in from out of town....all of it--perfection. Seriously. We left with a very full car of gifts. Between my husband, sister, and friends, they were able to get everything sorted and put away for me.

I have a house full of fresh flowers.

I have a very exhausted body.

I have (my first yet) swollen feet like whoa.

But, most of all, I have a full, full heart.

We feel so loved.

[PS: Obviously you're all wanting pictures. Well, being it was my shower and well, I had some things to do, I didn't take the photos--a few others did. So, I'm at the mercy of when they get sent to me. Hopefully sometime soon...I can't WAIT to show you the details rather then tell you. You've gotta see it to believe it.]

night...

19 comments:

  1. Sooo glad you enjoyed your shower...you deserve it!!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds beautiful.! I am so glad you had a good time.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can. not. wait. to see pictures! :) It sounds PERFECT! SO glad that you were blessed in that way. Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaw that sounds like so much fun!!!

    I can't wait to see the pictures! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely!! How very exciting and yes, I can't wait to see pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo!
    Sounds so fun and so wonderful. I can't wait to see pics!
    Have a lovely Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting! sounds like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am glad you had a great time:)
    can't wait to get to meet your little lady, here on the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your shower was beautiful!! (Mine was the first Saturday in March last year as well, for my early May baby. :)) I hope you got all the missing pieces for your nursery...or at least enough gift cards to finish up. Enjoy the last few weeks, it flies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a great shower. Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You deserved it! Start bugging your girls to send those pics...I'm dying to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you had such a great shower! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Sounds like a good time was had by all! Can't wait to see pics of the shower and the completed nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw I'm so glad you enjoyed your shower I can't wait to see the cake I bet it was yummy...That tree idea is so precious..

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had such a good time, you totally deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see the pictures, it sound beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay! Glad you loved it! Sounds like you got the bestest shower ever! And you deserve it! Nice job to the ladies in your family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so happy you had such a wonderful shower! It sounds like they really put a lot of thought and work into making it so great. Lucky you! :) Hope you get plenty of rest time tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It sounds amazing! I can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete