Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thank you notes.

Dear weather,

Thank you that the sun is shining. However, if I could be picky for a moment--could you please spare us on the wind? Because of that dreaded wind, I decided to sit on my rump after school instead of take a walk, because, duhh...my hair is flying all over the place. You know how much I loathe the wind.

Love,
A messy-haired-me.

~~

Dear Icee,

Thank you for your cute little machines, strewn across the country in various convenient stores. I was able to get an immediate 'fix' after school when it was needed most, all while, conveniently pumping my gas.

Love,
A red-tongued pregnant chick.

~~

Dear School District,

Thank you for conveniently blocking blogger as of today. You consider it a "social networking" site now, which is oh so wonderful. But, let me explain something. You have gone and messed up my day. I cannot even approve comments now on my lunch break. Not only that, I cannot even update my *ART BLOG* that I keep for SCHOOL. Lame. Lame. Lame.

23-teaching-days till maternity leave...

Love,
A-definitely-counting-me.

~~

Dear Kong (as in, the dog toy),

Thank you for being such a great toy--but, WHERE the HECK are you?! We have lost you. Mac misses you. I MISS YOU. You caused all of my days of coming home to a pee or poop filled crate to cease (because you distracted an already-anxiety-ridden pup). But, when you decided to disappear into the great beyond of our home, all those ugly days came flooding back.

Please, oh PLEASE mr. kong--just show the heck up! We need you. I need you. Mac needs you.

Love,
An- "I'm ready to give him away if you don't show your face"-Me.

~~

Dear Home,

Thank you for being a great shelter. Could you clean yourself, now, please?

Love,
An-achey-Me

~~

Dear Body,

Thank you for doing a beautiful thing by growing another human.

But, ow.

OW.

I now understand why women waddle.

Love,
A-34-week-preggo

~~

Happy Wednesday!


23 comments:

  1. Your posts are always so cute! I enjoy reading your thoughts girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You For Your Great Thank Yous . . Put a smile on my face, which I really needed today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome as usual! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too cute!! I enjoy reading your posts daily and can't wait until you have your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kongs were an absolute lifesaver for our puppy too! When they go missing, which inevitably happens, it is never a good day - at least in our household. But 'o the rejoicing when it returns - from pup and pup's parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look under the couch for the dog toy. That is where all our kitty toys end up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Your thank yous made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have your hips started feeling like you are a wishbone being pulled apart? That was a nice feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, I hope my school system doesn't decide to block blogger. They already block all the other good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! You should write a book! My school blocked blogger all of the sudden this year too! Really annoying! I can still read through google reader except there are no pictures! Glad I have my BB if I really need something!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Been craving Icees too! :) I wanted to get one at the gas station today but I couldn't since L was with me. I am thinking we'll get slushies tomorrow though.

    And I am petrified that I will return from spring break to blocked blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man, if our school blocks blogger, I'll quit a quarter early. I don't care. I only get to use it about once or twice a week there (on lunch, etc.), but it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your thank you notes! I know I am thankful for you!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel your pain! I'm good friends with Laura from "Our Crazy Adventure" and I always read her blog during my lunch break. My school district just decided to block blogger as well :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute! That stinks that they blocked blogger. My other teacher friend told me that they blocked it at her school too :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bella loves her kong!! She hides it under the couch and then digs for it over and over, its her little weird game and we can never find it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no, that sucks that they blocked blogger. My work did this about a month ago and I was so disappointed that I couldn't get on to read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute! :-) That stinks that the school blocked blogger now.... Good thing you have your iphone, right??

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are too adorable! Love the notes! I as all hee hee.. until I came to your school blocking BLOGGER! BOOOO that is NOT okay :)

    Hope you have a good rest of your week, and its nice out so you can take a walk!

    ReplyDelete