Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

-Declan is feeling much better. Thank you so much for your sweet comments yesterday. I've also managed to stay healthy thus far, and feel really optimistic that I'm going to steer clear of it all together.

-Last week we hired my long-term substitute to cover me while I'm on maternity leave. I can officially have this baby and not have to worry about things back at school. SO happy about that!

-Maternity tops officially "fit" and they fit good. They aren't too loose, aren't too big....they're pretty perfect. I welcome maternity tops to my wardrobe with *some* dread I'll admit. So long to all my other tops...I'll see you in a few months.

-Speaking of pregnancy...this little girl literally gets the hiccups all.the.time. I mean, quite possibly 5-6 times a day. I personally hate the hiccups so my tendency is to feel bad for her--but there is nothing I can do for the little sweetness now. In about 6'ish weeks--I'll have a solution or two up my sleeve. For now, I'll deal with a rhythmic belly.

-I'm NOT a Dancing With the Stars fan...I repeat, AM NOT. However, while putting away groceries last night I flipped it on, just in time to see Kate Gosselin and Pamela Anderson. Oy ve. That's it. Just oy ve. [Is it just me or did our dear Kate get a little *ahem* enhancement?? I could be way off, but wow.]

-Last night at the grocery store...all I wanted to buy was chocolate cheerios, and they had NONE. I almost cried, right there, in front of the dude stocking the shelves with his chocolate-cheerio-less cart. Then, I proceeded to grab Fruity Cheerios instead (not the best idea I've ever had), and knocked over about 8 boxes right on the stock-man's feet. Sometimes, I even amuse myself. I apologize profusely and felt like a big idiot, but you know...people have more sympathy for you with a big old belly.

-Lately EVERYONE asks "when is baby due?". Waitresses, grocery check-out ladies, convenient store workers....everyone. I think you get to a point when you look 'big enough' that you could really go anytime and so people feel it's okay to ask. I don't really have a problem with it. It's been nice to just say, "in about 6 weeks!" as my answer.

-Our little Mac-boy sleeps with us at the bottom of the bed (in his own bed) at night. The funniest/cutest thing is, that as soon as he hears our first alarm go off, or one of us mutter a word to the other...he takes it as his sign to army crawl right in between us and cuddle closer. It makes us giggle every morning. He usually rolls over to get his belly scratched.

-It's only Tuesday, but I just know this week is going to fly by.

-Oh, and my feet...they hurt...SO bad. All day, every day. The extra weight must now just be "catching up with my feet".

Happy Tuesday, loves!

23 comments:

  1. Happy Tuesday! Sorry you didn't get your chocolate cheerios... I've actually never had them!

    I'm not a dancing with the stars fan either.... Just not my cup of tea.

    I'm glad the hubby is feeling better! :-)

    Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your husband is feeling better and you are staying healthy! :)

    Also our dog sleeps right in between us... every single night... hogging the bed. He doesn't wake up for the alarm though- he likes to sleep in until I am all dressed, and THEN he wakes up for his belly rub, strech sess, and morning walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fruity cheerios :-)

    Have a good week, I hope it continues to go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Your feet! Soak them in a bath of Epsom salts! It definitely helps the swelling and it offers some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found one other person in the blog world who does not watch Dancing with the Stars! Even my husband does on occasion...which I'm slightly embarassed to even admit!

    Bummer about the Chocolate Cheerios...have you tried them yet?? I was kind of disappointed with the fruity ones, it was like they were trying to hard to be fruit loops but not as good. I stick to the multigrain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are right about Kate. I happened to turn it on right as she was getting ready to dance and my husband happened to be in the living room and made a comment to the effect that she is a little bigger in her upper body!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The entire last trimester of my pregnancy baby girl had the hiccups several times a day.

    Now. She's three weeks old, and she still has the hiccups several times a day. It's ADORABLE to think that she's doing the same thing that she was inside me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was pregnant with my daughter she had the hiccups ALL the time too! She would have them for a long time before they ever went away. But I loved it and I felt special because only her and I could feel it and was aware. I know you already are but definatly enjoy your pregnancy time, it's one of the most beautiful things to experience, I can't wait to do it all again!

    About your Dancing with the Stars comment, last night was the first night I've ever watched it and I have to agree with you... I definatly think Kate had a little "work".

    Hope you have a good one! =]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad hubbs is feeling better! AND I hope the week goes by fast. Wait.. lets make that "I hope the 6 weeks go by fast for you!"

    I'm sure you look fab in your maternity tops! You'll miss being pregnant when its over. It may seem silly, but sometimes.. *pang* you might just want it for a day! To feel her moving around in your tummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to hear that Declan is feeling better! I've been thinking about ya'll since you've been posting how sick he is! :(

    I can't believe there's only 6 weeks left! It flew by!! How exciting! :)

    I'm with you on not a fan of DWTS but this season is pulling me in. Kate was a stiff ninja last night haha I'm not sure she had anything else done but she has lost weight!! I hope she gets used to the show soon she looks so scared!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are feeling good =) I am not a DWTS fan either, but every time I see Kate it always looks like she is going a little more "hollywood"...

    One of the twins had hiccups every day when I was pregnant and now they never have them... maybe it's just an "in the womb" thing =)

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miss Moe girl does the SAME exact thing every morning. They are good little foot warmers and cuddlers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy to hear your hubs is feeling better! Mac sounds like our Oliver. It's fair game as soon as the alarm goes off and your eyes open!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Tuesday dear.! You are adorable. Crying over cheerios then knocking them over. I love it..Really.! You are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you are free and clear on the sickness front. Could it possibly have been something he ate??

    I am between regular shirts and maternity shirts right now. It's just the length I need, so that's frustrating. Good for you for fitting into maternity shirts!

    And if you actually figure out a solution to baby hiccups you just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that Kate had work done on her chest area. In fact, I recently read in one of my tabloids that she works out at least 75 minutes a day in her basement(this was pre-DWTS) and also had work done about a year or so ago. Although after 6 kids at once, i cant imagine how they would have looked. :X I had some reconstruction done because I lost a ton of weight(went from DD to nearly a B) but hers must have been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooo, I have been wanting to try the choc cheerios too! so sad they were out at your store. I can't believe you are so close to the end...it seems like you just posted about being pregnant!!! Can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah I watched Dancing With the Stars last night and thought the same thing about Kate.

    That's great about the substitute!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I thought the same thing about Kate Gosselin...I'm pretty sure she got some enhancement. She needs to get a grip on life...and that's all I'm sayin, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad Declan is feeling good! Keep your feet rested :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad Declan is feeling better and that you didn't catch it!! That bug is going around in Kentucky too-NO FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad Declan is better...stomach bugs are the worst!

    Kate Gosselin is looking SO Hollywood lately...I hope those kids grow up to be somewhat normal.

    I bet you are so cute in your maternity tops!

    ReplyDelete