Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Weather and Mood

Why is it that the two are closely linked? Well, for me at least.

When I'm laying in bed, contemplating getting up to start my day--I can 'just 'feel' what kind of day it's going to be by the little bit of weather I see creeping through my blinds.

I'm not sure if this makes me shallow or not to believe my day is based on the weather--but truly, it does affect my mood.

A rainy, dreary, mucky day= a sort of dreary, not-so-peppy Katie.

A beautiful, sun shining, birds chirping day=a very peppy, upbeat, and smiling Katie.

When I walk outside on a beautiful morning I can just feel it's going to be a good day.

And I love that.

We've been really lucky the last few days in that our weather is getting g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s around here. With the first day of Spring coming in just a few days, it's about time.

Going outside without bundling up.

Feeling the warmth of the sunshine on your face.

Getting into a warm car at the end of the day.

Wearing short sleeves.

Actually enjoying bus-duty because it's sooo gorgeous out.

Taking the pup for long walks after school.

Those are just a few things I love about Spring.

~*~

With that said, on this lovely Spring day here in PA--Happy Thursday!
(I'm obviously in a good mood because the sun-is-a-shining!)


18 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! The weather usually determines my mood and motivation for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! When the weather is gorgeous out, I am in such a better mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh! We're rainy and dreary here! And you're right! it is bummin' me out! Glad you've got some sunshine, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooo totally the same way!!! It's gorgeous here too and the sun is shining!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some good ol sunshine (vitamin D) will do ya good!!!

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...when the sun is shining I always seem to have a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely think the weather affects my mood! FOR SURE! I'm glad the sun is shining your way! Send some towards Iowa for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the sun! it always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same here, sister! It is gorgeous here today and it's the only thing getting me through this cold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Earlier today I wa super happy! (Sun was shining)

    Then it went away around mid afternoon and all I wanted to do was sleep!

    I CAN.NOT.WAIT. for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mood and the weather go hand-in-hand too. Since it's been gorgeous here in MD, I've been a happy girl :-)

    Spring is offically here Saturday! Woo Hoo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could not agree with you more on the weather/mood correlation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for spring break next week. I'm just praying for nice weather! I didn't know you were in PA, I'm not too far in OH!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree! But a gloomy overcast day makes me feel all warm and snuggly. I know, wierd! Love your blag... xoxo LA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Sunshine from this part of PA too! My mood too is directed by the weather. I am glad I am not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so true. I physically feel better when it is nice out. I have never (knock on wood) been sick during the summer. I get sick a lot during the winter though. Have a great day doll.!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am the same exact way...I NEED, no require the sun in order to feel complete!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can be the exact same way about the weather! It makes be feel better to know I am not alone in this quirk! My husband keeps all the window shades closed - I fling them all open every morning when it's just me! LOVE the light!

    ReplyDelete