Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

36 Week Bump Updates

How far along? 36 weeks

Total weight gain: Had an appointment yesterday afternoon...and...::gasp:: 23 lbs (total). I may or may not be able to attribute the rapid weight gain to eating the entire tray of chocolate covered strawberries I made earlier this week, and devoured (bymyself) in a matter of 3 days.

Maternity clothes? Um yes. All I can say is that I kind of wish it wasn't SO HOT because I was.not.prepared to be this pregnant when it was this hot out (its been 90 degrees!), therefore, my clothing selection is low, and almost non-existent at this point.

36 weeks.

[If you think I'm looking a bit lower these days, you aren't alone. More on that later.]

Photobucket

Sleep: Once I'm asleep-great! However, waking up is getting harder and harder to do. My body just wants me to sleep and not go to work (ha). The funny thing is, when its a Saturday, and I CAN sleep in--my body won't let me. Or, is it my mind that won't let me?! Either way...hmm.

Cravings:
Yea, did you see those chocolate covered strawberries up there? That was a total.random.craving. They were oh so yummy.

Best moment this week: Feeling like I can breathe again! I woke up yesterday morning and felt different. I can breathe! I could fit my entire hand under my boobs and it feels empty. I usually felt her butt right there, up under my ribs, making breathing hard(er) and also causing me to be out of breath more often. I've felt a ton better!

Oh, and while at the doctors...she said to me, "Have you noticed that you're dropping?!" I said, "YES, in fact...I think its funny you said that because I JUST noticed today how much different I feel!" She said, "Well, that's a good sign of progress!" [Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily think she meant progress as in, "you're gonna pop!"..but more as a step in the right direction.]

You can see a difference from last week's picture. Notice the space between my lady lumps and my tummy--much more of a gap this week.

Photobucket

Movement: Yes, but, it's true that it does slow down in the end. Baby is just too big to make lots of cute little movements. I get stabs and jabs down in my 'area'. It's...umm...fun.

Gender: daddy's girl

Labor Signs: lots of bh contractions...getting stronger, but not 'the ones'. Still have time ;)

Belly Button in or out? I'm thinking since we're this close to the end, it's staying in.

What I miss: Skinny feet. Well, my feet were never "skinny", but gahhh....the heat, and pregnancy are doing a number on my feet. They are definitely getting swollen these days and it's not cute. At all.

Weekly Wisdom: There is SO much to be excited about and thankful for. I am ooozing with excitement and joy :)

Milestones: Making it so far...and with a healthy pregnancy at that. We have come so far. The miscarriage was one of the hardest, most heartbreaking things we have EVER been through. In those moments I felt so much desperation to start our family and felt that it would never happen. God is SO so so so SOooo good, and we get to meet our daughter, (omg-our "daughter"!!) in a few short weeks, and she'll change our lives forever. I can't wait to fall head over heels in love.

Favorite Moments: All the moments I'm spending with Declan by ourselves....cherishing it...taking walks together...relaxing together...being just us, but looking forward to our family.

~*~

Have an awesome Friday!


23 comments:

  1. Wow you are lower. It's getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you really have dropped! I havent noticed any shortness of breath like people keep telling Me I should but oh well, guess thats not something to complain about! And girllll 23 lbs is nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say this every week but I really am so excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have dropped! Yeah for progress in the right direction! On another note, those strawberries look delicious! Yum! And 23 lbs is so not a lot, haven't you heard of those women who gain like 40-50 lbs? Actually my sister-in-law's mom gained 80! 80 freaking lbs with her first child, but she said that she felt like she could eat whatever she wanted because she was pregnant. Though, she wouldn't recommend it, that's a lot of extra, shall we say.... "baggage" to carry around and it's very hard to lose.

    So, I think you're doing extremely well, given you only have 4 or less weeks left! :-)

    And I say it everytime, but you are one cute pregnant lady! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look amazing and those strawberries look absolutely delicious! only a few weeks left...congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can for sure tell a difference! Wish i had some chocolate covered strawberries!! Your getting close, had my little one at 34.2 weeks and 37 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. friday morning + yummy pics of chocolate strawberries = SO. NOT. COOL. =)

    you look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I definitely see the difference in your belly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so funny, if you hadn't posted side by side pics it would have been hard to tell, but you are definitly carrying lower! Thank goodness for better breathing!

    You make me nervous for an August due date though. If you're already hot in April, I'm pretty much screwed come July!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can def see a difference! Your getting close!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can tell your belly bump changing.! I am so excited for you.! You seriously deserve the best, you've come so far, you deserve this sweet little lady in your life. I am so happy for you.!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really HAVE dropped. That side by side pic definitely shows it. Yay for being able to breathe.

    And I totally know what you mean about being jabbed and kicked in that "area". I remember being preg with Xander thinking he was about to kick his way right outta there. Yeah, fun. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Katie! I am such a horrible commenter, but I do read your blog every day and I've loved watching your lil girl grow. Thanks for sharing these things with the world! I sent links to your nursery and preggo wardrobe posts to my best friend who is pregnant for the first time.

    You're adorable. Praying for a healthy rest of your pregnancy and a safe, smooth and peaceful delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love everything about this post. You are looking fabulous!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Most def lower!! You look awesome as always...as do those strawberries!! I'm crossing my fingers and my legs that your little lady shows up before ours does!

    Enjoy those little "Down low jabs" haha they are quite something!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yeah, she is getting ready to meet her mom an dad!

    Those strawberries look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can definitely tell she's movin' on down! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to find out her name!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's getting closer!! Those chocolate covered strawberries look great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have definitely, definitely dropped! Wow! You really are almost there!

    And Happy Belated Birthday my love! Sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha, your "rapid weight gain" is totally healthy! I have some friends that are 20-27 weeks or so along, & they've already gained 30-40 pounds. They have no idea what they're in for those last few weeks!

    I gained thirty total, & I swear I think I gained about seven of those in the last month or so of my pregnancy!

    So excited to continue following you as you experience her first few days&weeks soon!

    ReplyDelete
  21. TOTALLY CRIED ON THE INSIDE...SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. TOTALLY CRIED ON THE INSIDE...SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. TOTALLY CRIED ON THE INSIDE...SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete