Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A birthday questionaire...

My birthday is coming up on Monday, the 5th. No big deal really--and honestly, whats an almost-36 week preggo gonna do to enjoy it, honestly? But, anyway--I stole this from Kayla, whose birthday is the day after mine. She'll also be turning 25, like me.

~*~

How many birthdays have you celebrated so far?: 24. Going on 25. I can remember about half of them, if that!

When is your next one coming up?: April 5th (the day after Easter!). I was actually born on a Good Friday oh so many years ago.

If you could get anything, realistically speaking, what would you ask for?: Gift certificate to a shoe store, gift certificates to Charlotte Russe (seriously, I want to dive in there and buy some clothes after the baby is born...I'm obsessed with their look right now. So cute.), and some of the Urban Decay eyeshadow packs from Ulta. I'm in love. I want my eyes to be prettyful.

If you could ask for something magic or like superpowers, which kind?: How about...the ability to have the most amazing baby-touch ever....like, when I put her down to bed at night she'll actually give me long bouts of sleep. That would be a superpower, for sure. I'd also like some breastfeeding superpowers too. I'm deathly afraid of feedings taking hourssss at a time. I want to be a breastfeeding super-mom. I want my ladies to work some magic. Too much honesty for you? :) tehehe.

Who do you want to be with during your birthdays?: Always my husband. But, this year, he works on my birthday, but of course I'll be spending it with him in the evening. I also really like to be with my sister on my birthday too, doing random things...shopping or whatever.

How do you plan to celebrate your upcoming birthday?: Did I mention I have the day off for our Easter break? I know--I'm totally lucky not to work on my birthday. Love that. I know for sure that Declan will be taking me out to dinner on the actual evening of my birthday. As for the day? Who knows...probably nothing. I think that this Saturday evening we'll have my birthday dinner with my family. Typically, we go out to dinner-but with the weather being so nice I asked for a cookout instead. I loooove cookouts with my family in my parents gorgeous backyard, followed up with a fire around the firepit and s'mores. Mmmm :)

What was the worst present you ever got on a birthday?: Nothing I can remember. If it was that bad, I probably chose to block it out. Permanently.

What was the worst birthday fiasco you ever had: I don't have bad birthday fiasco's. I've known Declan for most of the years I can remember my birthday (the last 9...), and he has ALWAYS, without fail, made my birthday super, super special.

Did you ever purposely give someone a crappy gift?: That's cruel! no!

Who would you never ever ever want to attend your birthday?: Ha. Maybe I shouldn't say? That wouldn't be too nice, now, would it?

What was the best birthday present you’ve ever received?: This is going to sound funny...but one year, Declan found me an old-school Nintendo system with all the Super Mario Bro's, and I was over.the.moon.excited. I set it up in my dorm room and played all the time. It was awesome.

What was the best birthday you’ve ever had?: It was probably my 21st birthday. We took a limo to Philly, ate at this amazing restaurant that overlooked the river, had a few 'legal' drinks, and just had a really fun time with my family and close friends. Also, one of my birthdays (either 20 or 21), Declan surprised me with a trip to Washington D.C. for the day where we perused art museums, had dinner, and enjoyed the cherry blossoms. It was an awesome, awesome time. Just my type of day! (We also tend to celebrate birthdays by relaxing at a park, taking photos, and just soaking in a nice day if we get it...may sound lame to some, but oh-so-perfect to me.)

Why was it so great?: Umm...pretty sure I just explained that. However, one thing that makes them so special is that Declan is the master of planning. He has every little thing planned out and does it with such thought and care. It would make anyone feel special, and it certainly does me.

What is your fave birthday activity, even if you havent done it (yet)?: Again, a relaxing day, eating dinner out, being surrounded by the people I love most...

Who would you love to come to your birthday to celebrate with you?: A bit redundant now...but...family. Oh, and I'd love for my friends from afar to join in...(which means you and you...how fun would that be? One year...we should do a big birthday blog-meet up! That would be amazing.)

What did your family do to celebrate your birth?: Probably said, "ANOTHER girl?!" No, really, I have no idea. I'm sure I got lots of cuddles and visitors.

What happened for your sweet 16th birthday?: I actually remember this clearly. I was hanging out with a friend that day (sadly, whom I no longer talk to after a 15 year friendship-that's a whole-'nother-post)--thought I was just getting dropped off at my house that evening just to, you know, go home. But, I came home to a SURPRISE party and it was SO.much.fun!

Would you be okay with dying on your birthday?: Seriously, weird question. Umm...I don't want to die on THIS birthday because of the life growing inside me that obviously needs me and my health to survive, too. But-I'll go whenever its my time. Heck, even if its on a birthday. I doubt I really have control over that anyways :)


Enough of the birthday nonsense.

Happy Thursday....!

20 comments:

  1. You are so funny! This reminds me of talking with my pregnant sister Mary last night on the phone. I called to wish her and her husband a happy 3 year wedding anniversary and she told me that they decided to just stay in, since she needed a 2 hour nap anyway :)

    Have a Happy Easter and Birthday xx
    http://hopechella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband, who was my boyfriend at the time bought me a old school Nintendo for a Christmas present one year because I wanted to have on again so bad! I still have it and love it!! It was only about 4 years ago or so! :) Happy Birthday (early)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ALMOST birthday! :) Loved this questionaire! Very cute... once again proved how incredible your hubbs is. You're a lucky girl.. and your baby seems like she'll be a lucky girl with incredible parents.. and increidble birthdays!

    p.s. You have a birthday near aidyn.. he turns 3 on the 3rd ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy ALMOST birthday! :) Loved this questionaire! Very cute... once again proved how incredible your hubbs is. You're a lucky girl.. and your baby seems like she'll be a lucky girl with incredible parents.. and increidble birthdays!

    p.s. You have a birthday near aidyn.. he turns 3 on the 3rd ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lucky that you don't have to work that day! Happy early Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I turn 25 on the 14th :) Happy almost Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Early Birthday! I hope Declan brings out the big guns for the woman carrying his child. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy ALMOST Birthday! I am nearing the big 2-5 at the end of May. I hope you have a very beautiful, memorable, and blessed Birthday! XOXO, KA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy soon to be birthday! I am totally about the old school nintendo! Wasn't that just amazing when it just came out! Nothing could compare!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you mind having Declan call B? He could use some help in the bday planning department. :)

    And an old school Nintendo sounds AWESOME!!

    Enjoy your birthday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, thanks for joining! I too love relaxing and just hanging out on my birthday! We'll be celebrating Saturday night with my family at dinner and who knows what we'll do on the actual night of my birthday.... We shall see! Have a wonderful Easter Break! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. " i want my ladies to work some magic." is why you rock! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Early birthday I think your celebration ideas sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great post! I hope you find something fun to do during the day on your birthday! My daughter will turn 3 on the 6th so we are busy planning her birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hehehe, I was pregnant on my 25th too!! and my 21st, and my 23rd =)

    Hope you have a fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy early birthday! Mine is Saturday :) I just did the same questionnaire :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you on the super power! That's a great idea. I will be 38 weeks on my birthday! I am sure my birthday wish will be to have my baby.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a great birthday!!! Fun questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Happy Birthday! What a special one this year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I'm new to your blog, but just realized we share the same birthday, so Happy Birthday from one birthday girl to another. I'm going to be the big 40!....

    ReplyDelete