Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Funny Kid Comment of the Day, Okay-I'm done now.

As the little kindergartener girl walked into my class yesterday, she made a comment about me having the baby.

Not a huge shocker, considering-most of the kids are buzzing about "when the baby is coming out".

But this little kinder-girl constantly talks about specifically "when the baby is being CUT out of you". [Like, I kid you not--she says this EVERY time I see her.]

While I realize her innocence is really cute...I just am not a fan of her lingo, at all.

Also, I never correct her-because, ummm...what the heck am I gonna say?! Besides, some babies indeed are "cut out" of you, per-say. I do NOT want to get into any more details as to 'how babies come out' because that would be wrong. On.So.Many.Levels.

But yesterday, when I came into the classroom, the same kids were getting settled-and I gave them a little talk about how "we have one more class together before I leave for the rest of the year to be a mommy"...

That same little girl piped up with no warning and shouted to the class,

"Yea, guys-Do you know HOW the baby is coming out??? Well, first the doctor has to get a knife...and then he has to CUT her belly OPEN and then he RIPS the baby out!"

I did my best to cut her off. AsQuickAsIcould. But to no avail.

Luckily, they are just kindergarteners--and none of them knew any better nor did they care about her lesson in being an OB doctor. They were in their own world.

But--gahhh.

Just plain weird.

A little awkward.

The icing on the cake that I'm ready to go...be done.

I need a break from school.

Mentally...oh so very "done".


The end.


21 comments:

  1. Wow. Tough Situation. Her termonology isn't the best, obviously but it isn't like you could give her the "birds and the bee's" talk with a kindergartener. Yikes. I hope you have a beautiful Tuesday! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! What the heck are her parents telling her?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KIDS! :) I'm glad its not quite like that! You need to be done working! You poor thing!

    Keep your chin up! You made it through Monday.. start checkin' the days off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Whoawhoawhoa. What is that child watching at home or listening to? ICK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm guessing maybe she was born via c-section or has a little brother or sister who was...and now she thinks that's what always happens. kids are so funny in their innocence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BAHAHA!! Omg, what a little weirdo! I wonder where she is hearing all of her "facts"?! Some children can just be creepy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my!! At least you didn't have to explain how *most* babies get out!! Or worse yet... How they get in there!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sheesh. I just want to know HOW she knows this.! Crazy stuff. I had no idea about c-sections or birth when I was a kindergärtner.! Not much longer for you.! You can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think she has watched A Baby Story on TLC too much!! Gotta love little kids though. I am ready to be done with the year and I am not in your situation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kind of makes you wonder where kids get these ideas. I mean, someone has to be telling her! Maybe that's the easier route than trying to tell a 5 year old babies come out of a women's va jay jay...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Something tells me she has a mommy who has had a C section! Kids are hilarious sometimes. And their ideas about how babies are born are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL! Little kids are ridiculous sometimes :-P

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! that's soo funny...when i was a kid and we'd play doctor...in the totally innocent way, someone would always be pregnany and we always cut the baby out too! but i'm pretty sure i didn't go broadcasting it at school.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my..I have no words, really

    ReplyDelete
  15. My teammate just had her baby last Thursday and, amongst the cheers, your should have heard some of the other comments those 3rd graders had! haha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I accidentally started boyfriend/girlfriend drama with some of my 2nd graders last week. The stuff kids know at such a young age freaks me out a bit. Not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kids can see this on TV anymore! TLC!!! Nothing is sacred from their little eyes anymore. I am glad you didn't have to share how you got pregnant! I would have loved to hear your response on that one. LOL. Love you Baby girl.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. After a few times, I think I would have sent a note home to her parents. Strange lingo for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awkward. And kind of horrifying. It really makes you wonder what she's learning at home. I hope the rest of your day was filled with sweet/cute/funny child comments as opposed to ones like that.

    Ps. I love your blog. It always makes me smile!!

    amillionmargaritas.blogspot.com (if you're bored while waiting on your little girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am not about to have a baby and I am so! ready! to! be! done! I had such a hard time today for some reason... I think it's the time of year. Then, add to your situation the fact that you are about to meet your sweet girl, I can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Like seriously, who is feeding this kid her information? Ha!!!

    ReplyDelete