Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Minutes

-This weekend was an emotional one. Declan's dad has been in the hospital very sick with pneumonia and earlier in the weekend they were saying he had a slim chance of making it. The good news is, he's actually doing MUCH better, and the doctor's are feeling optimistic. So are we.

-In the midst of all that going on, we still had a productive and fun weekend while keeping him on our mind and doing lots of praying.

-I got to eat Mexican food Friday night, and well, what pregnant girl can complain about that?
(Other then the 45 minute wait...gahhh...)

-My mom met me at the mall on Saturday evening and bought me some awesome nursing bras, nursing tank tops and cute nighties, even! It may not seem exciting, but it totally was to me. One less
(well, 6-less) things I have to purchase on my own...and they will make life easier. I love my mom :)

-I finally bought a pair of sunglasses after squinting for the last year and a half, and they may or may not have some bling on them.

-I am admitting that yesterday morning I woke up and whined to told Declan just how tired, sore, and ready to be done being
this pregnant. Even though I really have loved pregnancy, at the end--it's hard. Not.gonna.lie.

-We spent most of Sunday in the hospital in Philadelphia visiting Declan's dad with the rest of the family. It was good to just be together and to see for ourselves that he's on the road to recovery.

-Last night, I reeeeally wanted spaghetti for dinner. No meat or anything in it-just spaghetti. We made that happen, and seriously, spaghetti never-tasted-so-good. Truly.

-I have 10 days left of teaching "officially"...however, if baby decides to come earlier, that could change that.

-My substitute is spending the whole day with me today to shadow. After this day is under my belt, I'll be ready to get these next two weeks over with, and quick.

Hope your weekends were lovely...!

Happy Monday!


16 comments:

  1. I will be saying some prayers for Declan's dad. How exciting that your substitute will be with you today...that means you are just that much closer...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gettin so close! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear Declan's dad is doing better! You're all in our thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Declan's dad is doing better! AND thanks for all of your wisdom this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your last couple of days! Ten days will seem to drag on, but in reality its going to fly by! :)) You are just too darn adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll say a prayer for declan's dad<3

    you have me craving mexican food now:o)

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear about Declan's dad feeling better!

    It must be a huge relief to have the sub coming in today to shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear your FIL is getting better. He needs to rest so he can hold his grandbaby soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be thinking of his dad. Hope he continues to feel better. It sounds like you had a great weekend. Aren't Moms just so great?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope Declan's dad continues to progress, I cannot imagine how hard that must be right now. Thinking and praying for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Katie, I will send some prayers up for Declan's dad. Hopefully, he will continue to get better.

    I still need some nursing bras/tanks. Went with my mom a week ago but couldn't find anything. Where did you guys go?

    And I agree, SOO ready to be done being pregnant. I'm ready and prepared (as prepared as I'm going to be) for the next stage of this journey. Sending good thoughts your way that little girl knows it's time to come out and play! :)

    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope Declan's dad continues to improve! Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Praying for Declan's dad. That must be so hard, especially right now:)

    And yay for Momma coming to your rescue! Moms are the best! Aren't you glad you're going to be one?;)

    And you rock those blingin' sunglasses girl! In my opinion, the bigger and crazier, the better! Especially when it comes to face-wear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! Keeping Declan's dad in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry Declan's dad is so sick.. I hope he gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just lifted Declan's father up in prayer. May he get better quickly and regain full strength.

    ReplyDelete