Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Not Me! Monday! The "I'm THAT crazy pregnant woman!" version.

I absolutely am NOT embarrassed to write this post. I am not worried about being honest (errr...) about how ready I am to have this baby. I did not have to remind myself that I've been honest this entire time, so why.stop.now.

I absolutely would not wish my baby to come out until her due date. I mean, wouldn't every mother want their baby to cook as much as can be and get super chubby cheeks in the last week or so?

I absolutely did NOT google (ahhhhhhh!) all the inducing-labor techniques, and did not find that some of them are fascinating, and some are kind of scary. [I promise...I will NOT do the castor oil thing, I honestly am NOT a fan of having chronic diahrea and/or vomiting. Nothankyou.]

I did not put on some DVR'ed shows on Saturday afternoon to occupy my mind while I did lots and lots of hip rotations and some bouncing on the birthing ball. I did not look like a complete idiot.

I did not then decide to research pressure points. I did not try to rub that one spot on my hands for waytoolong and I do NOT currently feel my hands are bruised in those spots now.

I did not do other various things that I'm too embarassed to admit. I did not hurt my back in the meantime.

I did not exhaust myself to no end mentally on Saturday. This way, by the time me and Declan were ready to get out for the night...I was a royal mess and didn't realize it.

On our way to the movies that night I did not suddenly say, "Wait! I don't want to go to the movies anymore!" I would never just change my mind, or our plans at the verylastsecond. Not me.

I did not end up sobbing my freaking eyes out in the car (mascara running down my face and all) because I couldn't decide what to do instead of going to the movies. I was not overly sensitive and freakishly hormonal, and I did NOT feel crazy or look like a nut-job to my husband [good thing he loves me].

We did not have to sit in the car until I could calm down enough to go into a restaurant to eat. I would never work myself up that much that I had the ugly snort-cry. I'm much more 'together' then that.

We did not end up having a good night despite all my emo-ness, which ended in a vanilla cone with rainbow sprinkles from Dairy Queen.

An ice cream cone would never make me feel better.

Despite the crazyness that ensued (ie: my psycho pregnant hormones) on Saturday, I did NOT get spoiled by my mom earlier in the day with an awesome manicure and pedicure.

I do not think that nice fingernails and toes will make labor happier for me. I would not be that silly or worried about something so trivial in light of the big events to come.


~*~

To join in the Not-Me fun, check out MckMama's blog.

~*~

Happy manic Monday!


23 comments:

  1. Awww bless your heart :( I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, awww. If it makes you feel better, I started an argument with AJ the other night about wanting kids before he did. When he agreed to start trying earlier (which was the whole point of my argument), I still wasn't happy and spent the rest of the night being a grump-head. And I'm not pregnant (but apparently still hormonal)!

    Good luck with your last week of school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor thing. You are entitled to be hormonal and wishing to meet your little angel! I hope things are better this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl you just described my wkend! I couldn't stop laughing b/c I felt the EXACT same way! It is amazing how desperate we will get at the end. I made Todd (hubs) massage my arm and my ankle in hopes that those "pressure points" would put me into labor! Well, we still have the full moon on Wednesday..here's to hoping..HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, hun! While I do not know what you are going through, I am so amazed by your ability to share your experience honestly with us. I hope that things get easier. Sending you big hugs and vanilla ice cream cones :) xoxo, KA

    ReplyDelete
  6. With this baby, back in February, the contractions started on a Tuesday around noon. At 12:15, I was in the shower shaving my legs. Blowdried my hair, put on makeup. Having contractions. It's my third kid..I knew it was for real. But I was not going to the hospital ugly with hairy legs. And the night before? I totally did my nails.

    Two of my three kids were born three weeks early. And they all had seriously chubby cheeks.

    I think you're all kinds of very-pregnant-lady-normal. We've all been there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. From a random follower, who is starting to develop "belly fever"-(the desire to be pregnant, but I'm not yet ready have/raise a child,) thanks to sweet bloggers like you ! :)

    I just love watchin your little baby avatar-thingy grow, and get excited for you when I see the "days to go" number getting smaller and smaller!

    Good luck for a safe and speedy delivery! And I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that we can't wait for chubby-cheeked pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww you're so close!! I'd be too excited to wait too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dont worry.. every mother to be goes through this! I was psychotic! How can a week go so slow right? ugh!

    I hope it goes by fast, and that little lady makes her appearance asap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you poor thing, you just want to meet your baby girl so badly! I don't blame you! I did have to laugh at the hip rotations and bouncing on the ball though...too cute haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh girl I know what you mean! BUt trust me, having my oldest turn 7 last week it just feels like time flies now. Once they're out it just flies! lol

    We can't wait to "meet" her too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Honestly girl, enjoy this! At least your baby didn't come out early at 36 weeks to where I was afraid his lungs wouldn't be developed enough (he, thankfully was just fine) I wished he would have had more time to "cook" and fatten up..he was T-I-N-Y ( 18 1/4 inches, 5 lbs 2 oz). It is hard though, and you are doing so well. Don'[t be hard on yourself, you have every reason to want her to come sooner, but be thankful (as I know you are) that she'd be just fine if she came now or later. ;) Rub your tummy and tell her you want her to stay in there, maybe she's a rebellious baby and decide she wants to come out sooner!! hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hang in there girly! Your little one will be here soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha you are hysterical! It's only a matter of mere DAYS before she will be here! SO EXCITING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You seriously make my mondays with these posts. :) Just think that you can count on ONE hand the number of school days you have left!!!

    Have a great day dear!!

    Ps. I totally agree that the pretty toenails will totally make the birthing experience better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You seriously make my mondays with these posts. :) Just think that you can count on ONE hand the number of school days you have left!!!

    Have a great day dear!!

    Ps. I totally agree that the pretty toenails will totally make the birthing experience better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. AW..you poor thing! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love love love love!!!

    I'm hanging in for a part 2 post featuring fun comments made and the even more fun replies by said pregnant mama.

    What other fun things can you do to occupy your time while you hang??

    Hmmm..... Mexican food is a great idea (unless you're not ready for it again yet). It is spicy and can perhaps induce the same things as the castor oil since the end result (no pun intended) is what may (or in your case- may not!) help labor.
    I still vote for the movie. "Date Night" looks fun...and may be a pre-quel to all the fun you and D have to look forward to.

    I'm so happy hubs seems to roll with the punches.

    PS- Pretty toenails will def make you think smile when your pushing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I cried my eyes out for no reason on Saturday night too... and I'm very not pregnant at all.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think your post was so sweet and so real! You crack me up every time I read your latest pregnancy situation. It sounds like you have done such a wonderful job keeping baby safe and ready to go!

    ps. try pineapple--I've heard that helps baby!

    pss. Vanilla cone with sprinkles are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Um.

    I was so freakin' crazy yesterday that I am too embarrassed to even post about it. For real.

    So don't feel bad.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahem...I have a feeling what you were doing in "other various things that I'm too embarassed to admit. I did not hurt my back in the meantime."

    And all I can say is, considering you're 39 weeks pregnant (and way more energetic than I could ever hope to be)...you go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Sweet girl, I hope the time comes real soon for you. Thanks for your honesty so that I know what I have to look forward to and so that when I'm a blubbering mess I will know I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete