Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Thankful Thursdays


so thankful for the gorgeous weather...and that my classroom 'fan' got fixed today....it truly made a difference to this girl with a heater strapped to her tummy (as I tell my students...haha)

thankful that my 36 week Ob appointment this afternoon went just perfectly fine...heartrate in 140's, had a lovely strep b test (sarcasm, total sarcasm), blood pressure is good, etc...

so thankful and in love with my husband who's been taking care of cooking dinner (ie: grilling food) over the last week or so. also, love that he will watch our bank account because I hate dealing with money.

feeling thankful that I can breathe better...definitely noticed a change this morning and baby girl's little tush is no longer hitting my ribs. I think she's headed south and I like it that way. progress, progress.

so thankful that we found Mac's kong...guess where it was? Little man took it out on the deck a few weeks ago, and it must have fell off the ledge--I found it in the 'depths' of my townhouse-sized-yard the other day. needless to say...he is a happy boy, and i'm a happy dog-owner again.

I'm thankful for the 'ready' feeling....I mean, I don't feel worried, anxious, or nervous--I just feel ready. I'm not yet at the point where I "want.her.out.NOW" either. We have things in order...and she's welcome anytime. I'd actually prefer her to wait a few more weeks so I can close off this school year right.

Also...I'm overwhelmed and full of so much thanks for all people have done for us, given to us, showered us with love and gifts for our daughter. It's amazing the love you feel when you're about to have a baby--we've been so blessed with things, and it makes bringing her into this world so much more feasible.

Thank you, all of you...for all your sweet words, gifts, thoughts and prayers...!

10 comments:

  1. Such a nice post. I wish I was ready. We're not ready AT ALL for our babe to enter the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the strep b test. LOTS of fun. I had to have it TWICE because the hospital "lost" my first results. I may or may not have cried when they told me that. :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful things to be thankful for! :)

    I remember being this close and crying all the time because IJUSTWANTEDTHISTHINGOUTOFME!!!!!!

    A friend of mine had a baby a few weeks before me and I was irrationaly pissed! lol.. Obviously that didnt last long but what can I say... I was hormonal!

    Glad your fan got fixed, and you found the toy! Good way to end the week (almost)! Have a good weekend love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww! So much to be thankful for!! I am thankful that I found your blog because it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much to be thankful for :). I am so glad y'all found the Kong...Miss Emma cannot live with out her kong. I hope you have a beautiful evening. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a sweet blog - your little girl is going to be soo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. our 2 dogs insist on fighting over whichever kong they find first...even though they each have one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I am getting so excited! She is going to be one blessed little girl...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for Kongs!!!! I am so glad that you found it.

    I am also glad that everything is moving along well.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete