Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

A very-pregnant-birthday.

Obviously it's been quite a busy birthday since I've had no time to post all day. I know, I know-it's not like me at all to post this late, but it is what it is.

So, what have I been up to today? Lots. Perhaps, too much for this very pregnant girl.

-an early breakfast date with my sister

-a trip to target where I purchased a breast-feeding momma's tankini for the beach (I know, right. It should help me 'not hang out' and it's rouched on the side, which may give the 'more thin' illusion, ha. One can hope.)

-a 3 hour shopping trip to the Premier Outlets (with sisters and nieces) where I purchased only a few baby clothes via gift certificate at Baby Gap, and stopped to pee every 2.5 minutes. (Annoying. Terribly, annoying. That's for tomorrow's post.)

-a pizza lunch

-a stop at Panera for a strawberry smoothie fix

-a spur-of-the-moment Ross shopping trip where 29303829 cute dresses passed through my fingertips because I couldn't try them on (duh), and couldn't purchase because I have NO clue what I will look like sans baby-bump. (Again, a post for tomorrow.)

-Finally, ultimate R.E.L.A.X.A.T.I.O.N. Me and my sissy got our European Spa Pedicures. It was heaven on earth. The sad part? From all that walking earlier, I had chubby, swollen feet. Not attractive whatsoever.

-A quick returns-only trip to babys-r-us.

-Get home only to discover my sweet hubby had light pink roses and a single* balloon waiting there for me (he had to work today).


-Got another flower delivery from one of my wonderful friends, Chrissy, her husband and her daughter. They are GORGEOUS.


-Got two other packages conveniently in the mail today that are for my little girl. They both made my day because SO much thought and love went into them.

-Heard the door open, and realized Declan came home from work an hour early. Realized something must be up. Hmmm.

-Declan takes me to the Melting Pot for dinner (have never been there and have always wanted to go!). I was greeted with lots of "Happy Birthday's!" and even got a really sweet card from them and a $10 off for the next time 'gift'.


-Quick return-trip to Pottery Barn Kids (it was right next door...couldn't pass up the chance.)

-Ate a delicious dessert at Rita's Waterice.

-Pass out (or blog) from exhaustion and realization that I'm in my 36th week of pregnancy and I just don't have the same amount of energy as I used to.

Overall....busy.

Crazy.

Fun.

Exhausting.
[More on this tomorrow...I know, you can't.wait.]

Happy birthday to me.

*Since my 18th birthday, Declan has given me the amount of balloons to match my age--every.year. It was cute, and sweet...and all that--until this year. When I decided that I didn't want that anymore. I wanted him to save the money and not waste it on 25 friggin balloons. So, although I was slightly afraid I hurt his feelings, he did indeed abide by my wishes. I got one single balloon and not 25. However, in Illustrator he drew a picture of 25 balloons (what a cute graphic-design-nerd!) and stuck it in my birthday card instead. Love him.


PS: Did you see my maternity photos?! If not--go here to check them out.

26 comments:

  1. Wow you've been busy, glad you had a good bday pretty girl : ) And that story is too cute that he still drew the balloons for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you were a very busy bee!! By the looks of it though, you had a very memorable birthday :] Happy birthday!!

    btw, the melting pot is delicious ! I love it :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. the hubs buys you balloons?! i cannot take much more cuteness with you 2!!! and happy HAPPY birthday miss katie!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I got to spend so much of today with you! Sounds like tonight was fun. Dec is so great! Happy birthday sissy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how so so sweet! I can only hope I find a man who's half as good as him! Yay for pedis AND WOW at 36 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely day! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy HAPPY Birthday!! I hope it was extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday girly!! So glad to hear about your amazing day. Sounds like a birthday you will never forget! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I am exhausted just reading all of this lol. Happy Birthday!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!!!!!

    Sounds like a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to keep rubbing it in! You have a perfectly sweet husband.. I get it.. I get it! :) lol..

    You two are perfect for each other! Both sweeties! :)

    I'm glad you had a fun weekend.. NOW GET SOME SLEEP!

    AND I LOVED LOVED LOVED your maternity pictures.. but of course I already told you so! :) But all pregnant women need to hear it. So i'll say it again! YOU ARE ADORABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy best birthday ever, Batman! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAPPY BRITHDAY.!!!! Your birthday sounds fabulous.! I am glad you had a great day.!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet birthday! And what an even sweeter husband!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a wonderful (and busy!:) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you are one busy lady. The maternity pics were fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy late birthday! It sounds like you had a fabulous, although tiring, day!!!!

    I adore the melting pot-I plan on going for my birthday this year too. Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a wonderful and very busy birthday! Hope you got some rest last night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at all those wonderful and beautiful flowers!! :) Very gorgeous!

    Looks like you had a great birthday my love!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my gosh....we share the same birthday! happy (belated) birthday!!! your husband is uber sweet. =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you had a wonderful Birthday! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love birthdays, but for me they are definitely better NOT pregnant. I was 7 mo pregnant thru my last one and felt like a cow going to dinner with hubs that night.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you had an amazing and busy birthday!! The flowers were beautiful :-)

    Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Belated Birthday! I hate when I get behind on your blog & miss something great! I'll have to get back to trying to check it a couple times a week!

    ReplyDelete