Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

And BAM-We're parents.

When news was trickling around that my body was starting to, you know, go into labor of some-sort, I felt this peak of excitement with everyone that "oh my gosh! you're going to be a mom on MOTHERS day!" I have to admit...secretly I always thought that would be pretty freakin cool, but what are the odds?

I'll explain the whole birth story soon, but at a few points on Sunday some of my labor signs starting slowing down and not increasing [ie: not 'official' labor yet]. Which, obviously had me ultra-bummed out (read: crying and freaking out hysterically on the phone with my mom on mothers day morning ((and also HER birthday!)) thinking I'd never.have.this.baby.)

I didn't think I'd get my awesome first mothers day present anymore.

And ya know what? She didn't quite make it on time for Mothers Day. She was about 2 hours and 41 minutes late, to be precise. However, I became an official "mommy" that day.

It was my Mothers Day.


My sister-in-love, Kesh brought me some goodies and a card that day to the hospital and inside the card she wrote:

"Every time a child is born...a mother is born also.
Today is YOUR Mothers Day."


An amazing Mothers Day it was.

~*~


and just because he's the cutest daddy in the entire world...

Happy (what day is it again?!) Wednesday!

23 comments:

  1. I know what you mean, that would be really cute, but I am sure it is just so exciting anyway that it was just perfect :) Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO awesome!!!!!!! LOVED this!!! Ya’ll are going to be such amazing parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great perspective! Can't wait to hear more about the birth - and glad it seems you all are thriving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her name too :)

    Isn't it the most amazing thing? My Ellie is 9 months old and it simultaneously feels like I had her yesterday and a lifetime ago. Those first few days were amazing - scary, challenging and the most wonderful days of my life.

    Congratulations, Enjoy and God bless your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, so happy for you, Happy Mother's Day and Happy Birthday to your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! And your sister in law is totally right....what a cute way to say it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Congrats! She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!! Do you know that in Mexico, Guatemala and other Latin American countries Mother's Day is celebrated on May 10th, every year?
    So you did have your daugther on Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTEST FAMILY EVER!

    she is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey katie! just wanted to let you know that i love your blog and there's an award for you on my post:

    http://leighashley.blogspot.com/2010/05/they-love-me-they-really-love-me.html

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...I should have called instead of texting you that day. But who cares...it all worked out BEAUTIFULLY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO pretty! YOu guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your freckles!! And I know I've said this a million zillion times, but my heart is so, so, so, so, SO happy for your family of three!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww! True true! Those wee morning hours are your mother's day! Happy Belated Mother's Day, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I could not be happier for you! She is absolutely perfectly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats! Happy Mother's Day

    Take Care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness, she's GORGEOUS! i got teary-eyed reading your posts, & we don't even know each other. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is so sweet. And your sister-in-love said it so beautifully, it made me tear! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats mama! Your daughter is so friggin adorable!!! & I love her name =D

    ReplyDelete
  20. so sweet! SO happy for you! keep the pics coming, she's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG congratulations!!! you know what, sometimes your baby's birthday will fall on mother's day and that will rock. SO EXCITING sooooo exciting. xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete