Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A glimpse into my future...? Perhaps?

So, is it true that every mother-to-be wants to go back through old pictures of them as a baby to possibly, just maybe get an idea of whats to come?

Am I the only one? no?

Yesterday afternoon my sister, mom and I spent a little bit of time going through my old baby albums. I discovered that I was born with a very DARK head of hair [Jury is still out on whether or not our little one will have hair or not....Declan's side wasn't quite as lucky on that home-front!]. I also discovered that my hair turned to a lighter brown, and then eventually went super-blonde. Kinda crazy.

Also? I always swore the curls (umm...I have crazy curly hair you guys--but I blow dry and straighten, it's true) came later in life (like around puberty, HA), and clearly that is NOT true from the photos.

Little blast from the past to show you the naturally curly hair I was doomed blessed with:
I definitely had curls even as a baby.

Sigh. The things we find out when we dig through those old albums.

~*~

I found no 'fresh out of the womb' shots to share--the few I found in the album were all 'up the nose shots'-[honestly, mom?!] What was with that angle? Even as a baby, angles matter. Tehehe...


...and my birthday.

The hair is getting blonder...


Even though this is blurry (scanning photos sucks!), I LOVE the expression me and my sister are giving eachother. Yes, I'm that little blonde on the left.

Me and my momma...

Again, that sisterly bond thing...oh, and I was a thumb-sucker like whoa.
[No, we are not hicks. However, who doesn't love a little tractor ride now and then?]

...and my daughter will also sit in this same chair, made by my PopPop for me.
I love it...and can't wait to capture the same moment-minus the wood paneling.


So--did this help me have any clue at all as to what my daughter may or may not look like?

Nope.

But, it was a fun trip down memory lane nonetheless.

Happy Tuesday!

25 comments:

  1. How fun! You were a cute kid and I bet your daughter will be too. My son looked very similar to me as a baby but looks less and less like me each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! You mom hasn't changed much...if anything she's gotten even more beautiful. Such a blessing!

    Your little girls going to have more pictures than she knows what to do with I'm sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE looking at baby pictures!! :) It will be so fun once she's here to look at your guys pictures and see who she looks like :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking through old pictures...so many memories and laughs. What a fun chair that your poppop made for you...great photo opp for you little one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww!!! your baby curls are so cute =) and yeah...i have so many unflattering photos of me as a kid...all thanks to mom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It shows how adorably cute she is gonna be!!! :) Oh, and I Love the curls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was absolutely PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! You were (heck, you are!) totally adorable! I bet she's going to surprise and you look more like you than you know!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been asking family all the same questions, we have nooooo idea what our baby will look like, there seem to be a few different options between my husband and I!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were so cute! How fun is this. I've been looking at our pictures trying to figure out what our baby will look like. E and I looked somewhat similar as babies - we both had a dark complexion and LOTS of really dark hair and eyes. We are kind of expecting our baby to look like a monkey (a cute one, of course!!) I will be quite shocked if our baby comes out pale, bald and with blue eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOU are a total doll :)! Loved the pictures! You are going to have such a gorgeous daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. is it just me, or does kylie look at LOT like you in that last picture?? so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were so adorable! Well, honestly, you still are. I know your baby girl is going to be beautiful just like her Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the photos! i too, was a HUGE thumb sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You were (and, well, are) so cute! I hope your little one has your curls! You look too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, you are her mother, she is going to be beautiful!!! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw, these pictures were too cute! My grandparents had that same wood paneling in their house.

    ReplyDelete
  18. O yeah I did it too! And they showed JLo doing it in the BackUp Plan so I'm guessing it's a "typical pregnancy" thing! Cute pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, so Kylie looks a LOT like her Aunt Katie did when she was little. The picture of you and the birthday cake was almost like looking at a pic of Kylie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun trip down memory lane. Also, I call my grandpa Poppop. I don't hear it very often from other people!

    ReplyDelete
  21. SOooo I was up at Kasey's on Tuesday and she has a wall with pictures of her friends. The first picture on this post with your hair all curly is the exact one on her closet door! hahhaha. Its not has hidden as you may have thought. :) but I think you look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking back at this older post.. I think Eme looks alot like you as a baby! Especially in the picture of you and your mom, crazy isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete