Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Keeping busy...

Keeping busy...

~*~

I'm using the bassinet that my dad (and my siblings and I) slept in as a baby for the few weeks/months the baby will be sleeping in our room. [It comes with a stand so it's bed-height.] The last time the bumpers and mattress were 'refinished' was about 4 years ago when my first niece was born, and we didn't know if she was a boy or girl, so I made it neutral.

I wanted to spruce it up and make it into something I loved that also kind of went with our bedroom a little bit. So this week I recovered all the cushions. Instead of recovering the bottom little mattress, I decided on using a pillow case (got a 2-pack), so if she peed through it can simply be removed and washed.

You like?

[click to enlarge]
~*~

The nursery is 100% done. The other day my mom came over and looked in her closet and it was pretty empty. The reason being, my daughter has approximately 23982 onesie-type outfits (that are uber cute), but not many dresses. My mother thought this was UNACCEPTABLE, therefore, she said, "I'll work on that!" We went shopping, and her closet is now stocked with some more little sweet outfits. You know--a girl can never have enough dresses.

Photobucket

~*~

We decided to do hospital favors that have cute labels on them (made by the hubby) proclaiming our little girls name. They are filled with hershey kisses, and are a simple little gesture to tell people who visit that we love and appreciate them. Plus, they are SO fun and cute.
[As soon as she comes out I swearrrr I'll show you these little favors in their full glory--they are so cute and her unique little name looks so beautiful written out!]

They are all done now--just waiting to be thrown in the car with everything else when D-day comes.



Happy Thursday...!

33 comments:

  1. The nursery and bassinet are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I hadnt even thought about doing things like hospital favours, you are one organised lady and now you have set the bar high for us to reach haha. I love the nursery : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of hospital favors. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bassinet looks super cute and so does the nursery. Can't wait to see a little angel baby in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so productive! Love what you have been working on! The favors are adorable and the bassinet looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :) The bassinet is beautiful! How awesome that its been in the family!

    Glad the other lady of the house will have tons of dresses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bassinet looks amazing girly! And the favors are duch a great idea! Love it! :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thursday my friend!! I can't wait to see her name! Soooo I lost on the poll about her DOB. Boo. I still have her ht & wt left!! I had a dream about you last night...yes weird...and I didn't even eat any Mexican last night.
    I may have to email you the details but basically you were watching my boys for the day (ya know, since you are waiting for baby to come) and we were at my MIL's house and you thought your water broke but you peed on yourself. Sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that bassinet is precious!!! and favors?? i adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you're organised!! Is it normal to have hospital favours?? That is really cool!! :) And the nursery looks absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh.My.Word… This makes me UBBER excited for her to get here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow woman, you are C.R.A.F.T.Y!!!!! I love the bassinett, baby's room, and the favors!!!! We both only have a few more days....PRAYING it happens soon for both of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're so on top of everything! I love how everything's decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the bassinet and the nursery! They are both soo cute. I love the pink and green in her room. Those favors are too cute..can't wait to see more and find out the little ones name :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two are just so crafty and talented! You are definitely going to put me and my future first born to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, woman. You're putting the rest of us preggos to shame. I can only HOPE that I'm as productive as you when I'm 35+ weeks! I'm 27 and already I can feel my motivation dwindling! LOVE the basinet and the new fabric, it's SO darling- and those hospital favors are SUCH a precious idea! I won't lie a) I've been guessing her name almost EVERY day now and b) have been waking up each morning thinking, "I wonder if today's Kate's day!!"... Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to find out what name you picked!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the bassinet! The fabric you chose for the bumpers is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks awesome!!! I can't wait to find out her name!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's just precious!! I love that you and your siblings and dad all slept in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the bassinet! :) And I am dying (okay that's an overstatement.....I'm eager/excited) to learn her name. I may or may not play a guessing game about what it could be with myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The bassinet and nursery are beautiful! I am so anxious to hear her name!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are adorable. But I think people should give YOU favors at the hospital, not the other way around! ;)

    Super-cute work on everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hospital favors?! I have never heard of such things but HOW CUTE!!! You and your hubs are just too crafty, I swear.

    The nursery looks amazing Katie. It really does. When I start having kids can I fly you down to Texas to do mine?! PLEEEASE

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! I can't wait to find out the name!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm in love with the nursery! It really looks like something out of a magazine. You did an amazing job.

    And that's really thoughtful to give of favors to the guests who visit you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the nursery...congratulations. My youngest daughter is expecting her first child the end of September.

    Love Mac. He looks like he could be related to my dog, Izzy.

    Love your blog. Looking forward to following. Am anxious to see the little bambino...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my goodness!! That nursery is so beautiful. I love that you added the green in with the pink.

    The hospital favors are such a neat idea, what a great thing to give out!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a cute bassinet and I LOVE the favors. Can't wait to hear how everything goes! Praying for a safe, quick delivery!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh the favors are SUCH a cute idea! And I absolutely adore her nursery! :) Can't wait to see what you've decided to name her! We're thinking we're going to keep the name a secret and just reveal the gender too. More fun that way I think!

    ReplyDelete