Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some things...

-Last night my hubby put together a new header for me...now that our sweet Emeline has arrived. It just seems more appropriate now, eh? I don't need any of those ultrasound pictures, because YAY.her.squishy.face.is.HERE! :)


-A few people have asked about how Mac has adapted to the baby. [I think by the above picture, you can tell he's doing very well--he is!] I haven't been ignoring your comments--its just very hard to get back to all the specific questions (especially if you don't have an email attached when you comment!). So, I have some hopes of writing a post about Mac and EmeKay and how we went about getting over that hurdle.

-I'm feeling better. The recovery part of labor can be not so fun...and honestly---that's another area I wasn't fully prepared about. However, 2 weeks post-partum and I can honestly say that I feel 90% like myself. Not totally there yet---but getting there. I helped my sister with moving into her new house today, and I did more heavy lifting then I've done in probably a year with being pregnant and all. Crazyness. I need to work on those muscles again, that's for sure.

-I think the key to parenting is not stressing out. Trust me, I do.not. have this figured out, by any means. But, I will say that stressed out mommies=stressed out babies. I've been trying to take each day with ease and remind myself daily that this is all new to me, too. I'm really enjoying my time with her, but I definitely look forward to 5:45pm when Declan gets home. Not gonna lie.

-I've managed to shower every day. I've also managed to figure out how to master multiple things at once. I'm pretty impressed with myself actually (but I still don't understand why mother's don't get to grow two more arms after childbirth--). Today, I straightened my hair, standing on one foot, while I rocked her fussy-self in her carseat with my other foot--all while throwing the dog his Kong to keep him entertained for a while. It was amusing. I realize now why so many new mom's sport the hair-not-done, and no make-up look. But, I'll admit--I've not once left the house without makeup or my hair undone. That's so not my style. Hey, I'm honest.

-Another thing that's going really smoothly is breastfeeding. We've also managed to already learn to take a bottle, and she still goes flawlessly between the boob and bottle, which is great. [I realize there are a million opinions on all this--to each his own, right? Parents know their own children best.] It makes going out sooooo much easier. I am not a fan of hooter-hiding, or trying to be discrete in public...therefore, a pumped bottle works nicely for us for those occassions.

-At her 2 week appointment yesterday we were told Emeline now weighs 7lbs 7oz! She has also grown an inch. I was in shock. I felt like that was a lot of weight. They said it's great weight gain in a week and a half--but she's still in the 20th percentile. But, gahhh! They grow up so fast! Slow.Down.Time!

-Sigh. I've successfully turned this blog into a baby blog. I guess I just need to talk about poop and it will be complete. I guess I'll spare you the details of that...for today at least ;) Kidding.

Happy Tuesday!

27 comments:

  1. hi:) ok this is not a usual comment for me, but i have to say this. it's about ur new blog look.
    i like the new header, but i can't read the text. i mean, it's black on brown. is it just me? cause I really can't read anything so i have to kinda select the text and so i can read it with the blue backgroud. does it make sense? like when you wanna "select all" in a word document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new header!!

    You're doing such a great job at being a Mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girl! I love the new header! Super cute. I also love the fact that you said "hooter-hiding" it made me laugh, that's for sure. Glad things are going well and hey, sounds like you're doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even shower every day! (Don't judge!!) Love all the pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the new header is just adorbale. I love it. I also love her little "lil miss" on the sidebar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things are working out for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing all your precious pictures and reading all the stories (even the not so glam ones) makes me even more excited for my little guy to get here!

    Glad all is well! Can I ask what breast pump you're using??

    ReplyDelete
  8. The new header is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOO glad that everything is going well for you, been following for awhile and I'm 24 weeks prego, so all of this is useful information to me!! Thank you for being honest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cant read this either. you need white font ? love the picture though. . i have a great giveaway going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great weight gain! (Can you tell I spent WAY too much time as a medical journalist covering women's issues?) You've got great, nutritious milk, sister!

    And good to hear about the hair and make-up. About 99-percent of the time, I'm the same way...and I worry I won't be post-baby. Good to know others have that figured out for me already;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad things are going well for you guys! Super yay for being able to shower every day and get hair/makeup done. :) I feel the same way you do...I wouldn't want to be going out without either of those things myself.

    And about this being a "baby blog" - personally I love hearing about all this stuff....and since your blog has always been about what is going on in your life and she's such a huge part of it I think it's only fitting its baby bloggish for a bit. :)

    Much love to the three of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE the new header! And I'm super impressed that you've had your hair and makeup done every day - wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So what, if it's a baby blog. I love it. I always look through my reader to see the new posts by you. Its so exciting reading about the little one.!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the new header! It's super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new header!!! I would really love to get together...let me know what's good for you and if you want to come over or vise versa.
    Sounds like mother-hood is working out just great for you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the honesty, especially about breastfeeding. I'm having problems seeing your blog too! I love the head but I can't read the text. I can only read it if I select all of the text and highlight it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness, the header is soooo precious!!! Ya'll are a beautiful family!!! And who cares, I love baby blogs, haha!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the new header but I also can't read the text.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The new header is too precious and NO, you have not turned this into a baby blog - It is sitll a blog about your life. Having a baby is part of that and we love all parts of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the new header! Wow, I'm so impressed-my house is a mess, I didn't shower on Saturday, and I've definitely left the house without makeup and I don't even have a newborn. You're a superstar!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for it being a baby blog! Of course, it should be. I'm glad to hear things are going so smoothly. The picture of Emeline and Mac is SO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe it's been two weeks already.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay! I can see your blog again!

    It won't surprise you to know that I usually go out sans makeup...well, sans full makeup. A girl's gotta wear tinted moisturizer and mascara at least. I am impressed that you are still going out looking hot! :)

    I am also impressed that you are doing heavy lifting already. I remember being put back on bedrest a couple of weeks after I had L because I had done too much and started bleeding heavily again. I hope my recovery this time is more like yours.

    Love the EmeKay and Mac photo!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Finally able to get caught up on your blog. I love the birth stories! Your OBs are not my fav but that's another story!

    I'm glad to hear you're healing (I had a moment when baths with baking soda were a nightly thing) and that Emeline is doing so well. (Along with D & Mac)

    Being a mom is full of every emotion and some things come naturally but most are learned once you go through it!!

    Keep it coming girl.
    xo

    ReplyDelete