Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

The teacher in me.

Its a Monday.

It's a Monday during the school year...

...and I'm home.

It feels so totally weird, but also? Kind of nice at the same time. This little girl hasn't decided to make her entrance yet, and although she knows I'm dying to meet her, it obviously isn't time yet. So, I won't be wasting any valuable full-days-at-home around these parts until she shows her face.

I've got plans.

I can always think of 19208129 things to do.

Today, I'm going to the fabric store and then recovering all the bumpers in her bassinet. It was something I figured "heck, if I have time"....and well folks- time is on my side it seems.

I may even get to that baby book that's been sitting around un-touched the last few months, and finally sit down and write in it. [Although, I'm really contemplating putting all my blog posts into a book-format for her to have for later in life.]

Heck, I may even send some of my digital pictures off to be printed so I can have them tangible and NOT only stored onto my computer nevertobeseenagain. I know, I'm even impressing myself.

You know what else? Another pedicure might be in order. HECK, even another manicure. Since flip flops are all that fit on these swollen feet these days, the toes take a beating. You know my theory on nice toes/nails while giving birth. I care about ridiculous things like that.

So, instead of looking at each day as if it's another one without my baby girl here--I'm going to figure out how to get the most out of each day and prepping even more for her arrival.

The teacher in me loves to be prepared.

Happy Monday!

pssss, if you didn't get to check out my video I made and posted yesterday-go check it out.


18 comments:

  1. Enjoy the day off! Make sure when you order pics to be printed you crop them or order the TrueDigital size so they don't chop off the top and bottom of pics. They TrueDigital (from Walgreens or Snapfish) are a little smaller so they won't fit in frames, but they don't chop off heads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude! I'm jealous of your at-home productive time! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to keep up on my mani's and pedi's (and shaved legs) in case I go into labor too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for productivity! Enjoy your time at home before she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy every moment that you have now before the craziness begins!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy this period of "down time"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, enjoy your days off and alone. You won't have many of them once the baby is around. Treat yourself to the pedicure. I totally am like you, if I was in labor I would want my feet to look nice.! (: so excited for the lite girl to enter the world.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your last few days of relaxation. :) You deserve it!

    And LOVED the video.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You definitely need to check out this site....

    http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html

    You can print your blog off into a book...it is awesome! I haven't done it yet, but I am planning on it. I think it would be perfect for what you want to do, because you can choose different covers and it can even be hard cover!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GREAT ideas! And so much energy! :) I think it's awesome to treat yourself before she gets here -- I only know you via blog, but you're one of my favorites & I wish you all the best!!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great day running around getting things done! Don't overdo it though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful video.......way to go here I am bawling at my desk at work. ;) So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, am I jealous! The teacher in me wants the day off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll be honest...all your prepping sounds like a blast! I would love to be at home getting ready for a baby girl to make her appearance, but I'm sure that day will come sometime. For now, it's off to clean the house and getting ready for another work day :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. You go girl!! The positives of being a teacher, you can get a crazy amount done because all you do it multi-task! LOVE your video from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How nice to be so prepared you can do the stuff that is nice to do if you have time! That's how I work too! Must be a teacher thing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey girl, thanks for following my blog!

    So nice to have this time to get all those little things done! Enjoy the quiet before the [amazing, beautiful, sweet] storm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl, enjoy EVERY minute of this down time because your plate will be full before you know it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete