Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

1 Month Old

Dear Emeline,

You are 1 month old today, and although I know you're still 'little', it seems like you're growing at such a rapid pace. As exciting as it is, it's almost scary, too! I want to keep you a tiny little peanut for longer...because I've just loved this first month so very much.

You have changed already, a ton. When I look back at photos from your first few days of life, I'm already amazed at how your features have changed, how much longer you are, and that you're getting more chub on that skinny little body.

Your cute little hands at 1 month......and those ridiculously cute feet.

You're still wearing newborn clothes, although the full-piece outfits you're starting to outgrow in length. Size 0-3 months don't fit you yet at all. People told me not to even bother buying any newborn clothes, because typically 'babies don't fit in them for long'--but boy oh boy, were they wrong! You're still VERY much in newborn clothes, and the next size up just floats on you. I was also told that we'd only need one pack of newborn diapers because, again, "babies don't fit in them for long"....but because you've got such a little tush, you wore them for 4 solid weeks. Just two days ago, after 3 diaper blowouts, I realized...you're moving to a size 1. The jump from newborn to size 1 is drastic, and although they're big on you right now--they probably won't be in a few weeks.

You started to smile, consciously. It is the BEST feeling ever when you give your Daddy or I a great big smile. I LOVE watching your Dad light up when you shoot him a big smile and bat those eyelashes at him. Honest-to-goodness....too cute. After you sneeze, you let out the cutest little sound, almost like a great, big, "sigh". We laugh every time. You're starting to practice 'talking', and you're doing a little cooing which is seriously adorable.


...and you make some of the best, most inquisitive faces.


You sleep a lot, but just lately you're starting to push your limits with that. You're already changing up your patterns, and keeping everyday different for me. You always keep me guessing, but I'm okay with that. You LOVE to be snuggled in cozy blankets to sleep. You are a big fan of taking naps in your swing. Every night, though, without fail...from about 8:30pm-10pm you're wide awake and a bit fussy. We call that, "Daddy Time", because he rocks you, and holds you, bounces you, sings to you, etc. I just need a little break by that time, although I'm sitting right.next.to.him and you and loving seeing the two of you together. It melts my heart.


I'm guessing you weigh about 8.5-9lbs by now, but I don't know for sure. You were 7lbs 7oz two weeks ago at your appointment. You eat about every 2.5-3.5 hours during the day, and at night you give me a longer stretch of sleep that usually lasts at least 4 hours and can go up to 6 hours. Your eyes are still very dark blue, and I hope they stay that way. Your hair is dark, but I can tell new hair is coming in blond.

Daddy calls you my 'real-life baby doll'...and I always say you're Mommy's best accessory. You're the cutest and sweetest little love around.


1 month ago, you made me a mommy.

You made us a family.


Happy 1 Month little girl.

Love, Momma

~*~


Here's what you looked like this month:

37 comments:

  1. Happy 1 Month, Emeline! What a sweet, precious, little girl. I loved this post and it brought a few tears. I hope that y'all have a wonderful day! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet! Happy 1 month Emeline. Her name is so pretty, I love it. She's beautiful, Katie! I love the outfits you put her in :-) I think it's great how you document everything. Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW time flies. One month already. She is so gorgeous!!

    I love the owl, I put it on my PBK registry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One month, already!!

    She is just too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her little feet! Thanks for sharing these pictures...they were ALL adorable.

    She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    Happy 1 month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. And genuine. I appreciate your ability to write honestly without coming over as trite or "trying too hard". It's definitely a gift.

    Happy one month to your sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seriously have the bet outfits, bows and pics of this little doll. I love your posts. This one really gave me a the baby bug, I think I should get the hubby to head it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, so sweet!! I think she looks a lot like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She really is growing!

    Also, we had the exact same experience with newborn clothes. Everyone told us just to buy 0-3 month clothes (we actually didn't receive ANY newborn clothes at the baby showers!), and I am SO GLAD we bought a few newborn things 'cause she wore them forever! In fact, she still wears the pants, just now as capris or shorts, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is just too precious! I love your birth annoucement. And this definitely made me tear up. :) Happy 1 month, Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is sooooo sweet and precious and such a beauty!! Loved this and the month flew!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can't believe she's already a month old! time is going by too fast. her inquisitive face is my favorite pic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! And she is such a little peanut! I love the announcements too...very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, i love these photos...she is so precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So very sweet! Happy 1 month Eme!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is so beautiful! I can't believe its been a month already either!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all the pictures and this post was so sweet. Happy 1 month Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe how big and alert she looks compared to what she looked like just two weeks ago when I saw y'all! Oh my! She is precious precious precious! So glad y'all made her! I can't get enough of looking at her pics and cooing at her sweet face!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet post! Happy 1 Month Emeline! She is seriously the cutest little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  20. She's adorable, I love this post! Happy one Month! I totally got told not to buy newborn things too and yet Maddie would be drowning in anything bigger, she fits newborn perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the fact that Emeline and Caleb are so close in age.

    I love the fact that I have an awesome friend to travel this parenting journey with.

    I love how cute Emeline is.

    Happy one month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That picture of her and Declan is stunning. She is such a cutie pie Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe it's already been a month!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOoh this is soo sweet!!! Congrats! Your little girl is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome, awesome, awesome post.

    She totally looks like you in that inquisitive-face photo.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy one month Emeline! You are absolutely beautiful, and you bring out a wondeful smile in your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So sweet. That month went fast!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...how it is 1 month already??

    She really is a tiny little doll. Precious.

    Oh and that pic of Daddy and E is a framer. Totally. Tear worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  29. your baby girl is absolutely darling!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love love love the 1st pic with the owl...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. one that picture of them together where her nose fits inbetween his nose and lip is the cutest thing EVER!!!! and Avin is still in new born clothes at 4 months.

    Love the baby announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Has it really been a month already?? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  33. She is so precious!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, a month surely flies by! That's awesome. :) She's so cute - and that inquisitive face - OH!

    ReplyDelete
  35. one month already? seems like you just had her! she`s so adorable & she looks so much like you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your baby girl is SO precious! I love her little facial expressions. :) Happy one month to her!

    ReplyDelete