Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Braided-Flower Headbands

Yesterday morning I had a LOT of things to do...like...a lot. You name it...it needed to be done. And just because the demand was so high, my motivation was at an ultra-low. Although I woke up 2 hours earlier then normal in hopes to get things done...I did not.

Because?

I sat down with my cup o' joe and my my google reader open and then I saw this blog post. I saw Jocelyn's really cute, step by step post on how to make these headbands...and I died. After I brought myself back to life, I dashed around my house gathering the materials needed to make one of these amazing headbands, myself.

When I get the creativity urge...there's no stopping it.

I threw the to-do list of 2930283 things out the window...baby-in-sling, and off I went to make one for myself....err...two.

I have to say--it was fun. I burnt pretty much every finger with the hot-glue gun...but it was worth it, because how cute are these?!?


I wore the red gingham one out while I ran errands...and while it's just a simple, little stretchy headband holding back un-showered, tossled, hair....I felt good. It dressed up my very casual look.

If you're feeling crafty, try it yourself. If you're totally not (and I don't blame you)--then check out Jocelyn's Etsy Shop, where you can purchase your own for only $7.50. Seriously...cheap, right? [And her's look so much better then mine!]

It was a fun Thursday morning distraction....

Happy Friday!

27 comments:

  1. Oh, too cute! There goes my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh! Those are so stinkin' cute!!! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love it!!!!!! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! I am on my way to the tutorial now!

    PS. I see you have the silver Rebel! We just purchased our Rebel last weekend and I was SMITTEN with the silver one, LOVE IT - but they guy selling it said that the silver cameras can wear easily, ie. the silver rubs off easily and shows black underneath. Have you had a problem at all with yours? We then decided to go ahead with the black one, but I'm wondering if he was just saying that, lol. I would love to know if you notice the silver rubbing off on your beautiful little Rebel, because if not I want to go back and get the silver one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are too cute! Some how I'd find a way to mess it up....I may be the least crafty person alive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO. CUTE. I am going to order one right. now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! When I saw you tweeting about this I thought you were making headbands for Emeline. I love that they are for you! You are certainly one hot mama.

    ReplyDelete
  8. honey, you make "unshowered tussled" brand new momma hair look AMAZING. you rock. end of story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. AH!! LOVE those. Look how creative you are... I might just have to ignore my to-do list today and make me one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea!!! Yours turned out great...aren't they the best for just pulling up your hair and going? I have made myself so many!!! Thanks for posting yours and linking me up to it. You are the best:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, those are just stinking adorable. It just so happens to be my day off today so I'm thinking I might have to make a couple of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're so cute! I have so much trouble with those slipping off my head though. Do yours stay put all day? If so, any tips? I love headbands like that, but just can't see to get them to stay on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I usually hate how headbands look on me, but maybe I'll have to try and make one of these because they are super cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! It looks great on you. I can't pull off a headband...BUT, I'm obsessed with making them for my girls. I'll have to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so adorable! You always do the cutest things with your hair :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. how cute is that :) way to go!! Who cares about that to do list when you can make fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So stinkin' cute! I love that you just threw the to-do list away for the day and had some creative "me"time. Sometimes that's soo necessary!

    I love headbands, but with my super short hair, I don't think I can pull them off very well. Maybe I'll get a long wig so when I feel like a little headband action, I can just throw that on...;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are way too cute! I am def. in a headband phase!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yours turned out awesome. I definitely want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So super cute!!

    I eish I was headband girl, but I don't think I pull them off very well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love them! Bought 2 of them :-)

    ReplyDelete