Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Generosity Overload

I seriously have never in my life had people be more generous towards me and my little family since becoming pregnant and having a baby. I mean, honest to goodness...I feel so blessed.

Like, knock-your-socks-off, blessed.

Did you know the warm-fuzzy feeling actually exists?

Because it totally does.

I feel it every single time that one of my blog-friends, or chat-forum friends send something my way for me and my little girl.

I REALLY do. Like, really.

Knowing that people I've never actually "met" truly care about us and want to send a note or gift of encouragement to us seriously blows me away. It gets me every.single.time. I even usually tear up a little when I read your cards. Because, you care. Besides the never actually meeting you part (but, potentially in the future!), you're my friends.

Emeline has received headbands from around the globe...no joke. For instance, she has headbands and outfits from Australia, New Zealand, and England [Thank you again...you all know who you are!] She's received hand-made, cross-stitched gifts and decor for her bedroom. She's gotten packages from Etsy, and other places from some of you with again, you guessed it...headbands [We.heart.them!]. I had two lovely friends sneakily send gifts to my baby shower with some blogging-tees and onesies for my little squirt.

The generosity is overwhelming....in a good way.

I can't tell you how loved we feel over here in our little neck of the woods.

And today...the generosity just kept coming.

I walked up to my doorstep and found a package. It was from my dear friend (and pregnancy-twin), Carey. We've gotten really close and have walked through lots of the steps of our pregnancy together via-blog-world. I cried jealous happy tears when she went into a labor a few days before me and her handsome little Caleb came into the world. Now, we send each other middle-of-the-night text messages when we're up feeding our little munchkins. Why? Because mom's need moral support. Even if it is at 3am.

She's already done a lot for me in the support-arena...and yet today...she blew me away with the thoughtfulness that came in the form of a sweet, little, package from her.

You guys...

she got us this:


Yep...you're seeing that right. It's a Vera Bradley bag that is big enough in size to fully-function as a diaper bag (heck-to-the-YES)....and clothes! We.LOVE.clothes! [Hello?! We're girls! Of course we do!]


And seriously..it's not just any VB bag...she most obviously had ME in mind...because, well...let's zoom in closer and you'll see why:


Owls.

YES.

OWLS.

You know my love affair strong liking for owls!

All I can say is, thank you, Carey and Caleb (and Jon!), from the bottom of our heart. You made us feel so loved.

And thank you to all of you who have not only sent gifts, but comments, tweets, texts, emails, and cards full of encouragement and love for us in this new phase of our lives.

We love you!

Your generosity has absolutely floored us.


9 comments:

  1. I love that bag! I always got so sick of my diaper bags but that one? That one I could stick with! You deserve all the love that comes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet! It's such a wonderful feeling for me to know I have such wonderful blog friends. I can't imagine the over joy feelings you are having with all of the love and support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is so awesome! you guys are so loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Isn't nice to have such great friends?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, how sweet and thoughtful! You are so sweet though, you deserve everything you get and more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bag! It is so nice to have someone around the same time as you so you can bounce stuff off of each other! You guys are so special.

    ReplyDelete