Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My in-real-life Friend

On Thursday morning I got a call from my sister, Susan asking if I'd read my dear blog-friend Brittany's post yet that morning. Since my newer mommy-lifestyle kind of has me in a slower-then-usual pace in the mornings, I admitted I hadn't even opened my laptop yet that day (let alone get out of bed). She told me that Brittany's post mentioned her being in Maryland for her brother's Navy Graduation, and holy crap! Maybe we can meet up because we're only a mere 1.5-2 hours away from there! [We've been talking about a Fall trip to SC--but even sooner to meet would be awesome!]

I got very excited about the thought and said, "Ohhh let me text her!!"

A few texts later, we had decided that an early lunch on Saturday before she had to get back on the plane to Florida would actually work out to meet. My first blog-meet-up was in order, and with one of my favorite blog-friends, ever. I was stoked. My sister, who also reads Brittany's blog (at "Living in the Moment") had agreed to come with me, and give me some moral support on the long'ish car ride with a newborn.

Being gone for that long in the day meant I needed to prep for this trip (read: pump like a cow mad-woman and make some bottles for the road).

Declan had a fishing trip of his own planned for Saturday morning with a friend, so on Friday night we both took turns taking care of the baby so we could each get ourselves all together and ready/packed for our individual next-day-plans. I was going.to.make.this.work. I was determined.

My biggest feat would be getting out of the house by 8:45am with a newborn and no Declan to help out (since he'd already left for his trip). When Saturday morning rolled around, I had our bags packed, the batteries ready in my breast-pump, and bottles ready to go for the road. I had managed to get myself dressed and Emeline ready. One thing after another made it seem impossible that I would get out the door, like, for instance, I spilled baby-gas medicine all over my dress. But, nevertheless, we made it out the door, slightly a mess, and headed to pick up my sis.

I had my sister drive my car so I could jump back and forth when needed to do various things for Emeline like give her a bottle, play her singing sea-horse, or to pop a pacifier back in her mouth. Whatever it was, I could be there.

I may or may not have jumped to the backseat to pump out the almost exploding lady friends, and may or may not have shouted to my sister to, "SPEED PAST THIS TRACTOR TRAILER SO HE CAN'T SEE IN!!" Because, you know, I'm classy like that. Motherhood is glamorous, isn't it? :)

We finally arrived at our destination, put EmeKay in her stroller, and off to meet Miss Brittany Ann we went.

It was exactly what I expected...it was like meeting someone I already knew and already have a friendship with. It wasn't weird at all. We greeted each other with hugs and felt like we knew each other. Because, after all...we're both very honest bloggers, and, well, we do know a decent amount about each other.


She got to spend time with my sweet Emeline, and I love that my little lady got a little Brittany-Ann-Love. [She's like the baby-whisperer....I swear.]


All of us girls had a great time at lunch, and on our drive to drop Britt off at the airport...we could have talked for hourssss upon hoursss (I'm sure of it!).

But, sadly our time came to an end.

I think we have a trip to South Carolina in our future for sure now, because, this girl is not just my "blog" friend--now, officially, she's my in-real-life friend.

I love that.

What a fun-spontaneous meet-up it was.

Happy Tuesday!

23 comments:

  1. Seriously, isn’t it surreal to meet blog friends? It’s the best thing EVER!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crying reading this! Honest to goodness, it was such a fun meet-up, and I am so glad we worked it out! I felt so blessed!

    Thanks for sharing Emeline with me for the lunch, too! I'm such a baby hog, and she was just too sweet!

    So glad to spend time with you and Susan! It was really like being with old friends!

    Can't wait for the fall;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww..... I'm so jealous that Britt got to meet you and EmeKay.

    Isn't Britt just the best?! I love her even more in real life than I do on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AW! I love blogger meet-ups! The girls and I up here got together several times at Panera and gabbed for at least 3 hours each time we got together! It was fabulous.

    I'm glad you all had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I am so glad y'all got to meet in real life, and that it went well :) I hope you are having a great week!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! That's great! 2 of my favorite bloggers meeting up! I know I'm a creeper, I read a lot without ever writing on my own blog. But I love reading about both of your lives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun!! I love Brittany Ann & her blog! So glad your first "road trip" went smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay! it was fun! i'm so glad it all worked out. spontaneous trips are the best. so happy i could be a part of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww!! You girls! I am so jealous! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time together! I hope to meet both of you someday as I love you both! :-) (And I'm dying to meet EmeKay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I had my first blog meetup earlier this year and we've been able to hang out since as well! Where in PA are you? I'm in Northern Virginia - I would totally drive to MD somewhere to meet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how exciting, there are a few ladies that I would just love to meet in real life :) Looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is SO fun!!!! If you ever come to FL- Let me know!!
    I am meeting my bloggy friend, Sara this Friday!! I can't wait!

    Speaking of your honesty- thank you ! It reminds me so much of my new mama days and I hope it makes other new mamas feel good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome! I think it would be SO neat to meet a blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome! Britney was actually one of my very first blogger friends and that how I found your blog too. Look's like a great times was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meeting blog friends is so fun. When I went on my bloggy road trip, it was the exact same - we met with giant hugs and it felt like I was reconnecting with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Still jealous, but so happy for the four of you that you got to meet up. The photos are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. FUN! Now I really want to plan our trip to PA and get our kiddos to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, yay! I love brittany...she is one of my favorite bloggers. I'm jealous that you got to meet her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. so fun!! and i'd have totally made the driver pass a creepy truck driver too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, sooo sweet!! I hope to meet a few blog friends this summer. Are you in PA?? Depending what part, you may not be too far from me (I'm in Columbus, OH)!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, I read her blog and she's just so sweet! I'm glad you girls had a wonderful meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad the meet-up went so well. If you come to SC, she won't be the only blogger looking for a meet-up.

    ReplyDelete