Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

We love babies in this family.

Yesterday, at 8:41am, my sister-in-love, Lyryn and hubby, Jesse, welcomed their new, precious addition to the family.

The gender was a surprise...and we all waited with bated breath to see who was in there doing ninja moves all this time. Since I obviously have a new baby of my own to take care of, I wasn't able to be there in the waiting room, waiting for the details of who this kiddo was that inhabited Lyr's womb for all these months.

But, they were ah-ma-zing and dialed me in on speaker-phone so I could hear the "It's...A...!" speech directly from Jesse's mouth even though I wasn't able to be there. It still felt very special and me and cousin, Emeline did a happy dance around the living room when we found out the baby was a very healthy little...

BOY!

[We would have done a happy dance no-matter-what because, a new life is PRECIOUS! And he was Healthy! And Aunt Lyryn was doing great! Oh, and new babies just melt me all over, anyway.]

Mr. Ian Bray Yacoe was 8lbs 5oz, and 20.5", and seriously, CUTE as a freakin' button.


The hours crept by all.stinking.day until Declan got off work and we could drop EmeKay off at Mom-Mom and PopPop's to be babysat. I occupied my time by going to the store and buying Ian some cute boy clothes and staring at his cute picture all day long. I got a lot of strange looks as people saw my little headband'ed-in-girlie-clothes-baby in the stroller, but me with a handful of boy clothes. I even explained to the cashier that Emeline just had a baby boy cousin born this morning, EXACTLY 5 weeks apart, and that we were so.very.excited.

Here we are meeting our sweet, tender little nephew for the first time.

See? So excited.

I'm a sucker for new babies. I took in all his sweet, new fresh-out baby'ness. I looked at every one of his little features...and marveled in the fact that he looked like his big brother, Jayden, but did totally have his own unique look. I compared him to his 5-week his senior, cousin, EmeKay--because, duh. She's my baby. He's her cousin.


Most of all, I contemplated the many ways I could have smuggled him out of there and kept him all for myself because I already love him that much. But, I realize that wouldn't have been too kind to his momma, who obviously deserves to keep him :) hehe...

We are so, so, so thrilled he's here....healthy as can be...and that mommy is doing well.

~*~

Can we talk about the cousin-factor for a minute? Because, obviously having two babies born so close in age is loads of fun--but, it makes comparing their looks so much easier, too.

You can TOTALLY tell they're related.

To prove it, I scoured my photo's this morning...and well...this is what I got.

Example 1.


Example 2.
Those lips.
They are famous in Declan and Lyryn's side of the family.


Example 3.
They both agree that being a newborn is hard work.


Lyryn and I both can't wait to get our camera's on these two for a cousin photo shoot. They are roughly the same size in weight about now (Emeline may be about a 1/2 pound bigger), and so it will be too much fun to watch these two grow up together.

They'll be buddies, I know it.

We love you, Ian--welcome to the family!




31 comments:

  1. They are def related!! Congrats on being an auntie again! He's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME post Katie! You guys are going to have so much fun watching these babies grow together! What I would give to have a sister, or sister in love have a baby the same time as me! How fun. The pics are great. Wow, those genes are strong. I am heading over to see him tonight and can hardly wait...and I still need to see your precious little gem too. Maybe once Lyr is home and feeling well we can get together so I can see the two babies together! Oh and You look great btw.
    Love, Cara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! He is so sweet! Congratulations on being a new auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! Those lips! Both babies are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture comparisons, they are so cute! :) Congrats to Lyryn and Jesse!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is that?! They do look so much alike. Congratulations on being an aunty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Love the side by side pictures of them! You can def tell they are related!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my sake oh my sake oh my SAKE!!!! He is so perfect!!!! I'm so glad Lyryn is doing so well! and SO SO glad Ian is here and healthy!!! OH YEAH!!! Thanks for sharing!!! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, they are flat out identical!!! Amazing. And those lips, TO DIE FOR!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So so sweet!!! Congratulations to your family!!!
    Love the comparison photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this post and love both of those sweet babies! they are definitely related- no denying that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Aunt Katie!!! You did a fabulous job on this blog post!!! It's so neat to see the resemblance of Ian and Eme...they are going to have LOTS of fun together ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can definitely tell they are related! Both babies are precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha aww they are so similar how CUTE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. {stopping by from Lyr's!}
    They are too too adorable! Congratulations to your whole family! Babies are such a blessing! They will make such fun, wonderful cousins! THey are so cute! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww! Yay! Welcome Ian! He's gorgeous! And yes, they definitely look alike! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to your sister in love!! He is so beautiful!!! I love that EmeKay has a cousin so close to her. I have one that is just 3 months younger than me and we have been best friends our whole lives. I wish the same for your little ones. It's pretty awesome!! :)

    I can't wait to see photos from the cousin photoshoot

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for this amazing post! I can't wait to see our little one together! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They really do look alike. I am always comparing L to his 6-week-younger cousin, A. In a fun way, not a neurotic, negative way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aaaw this is sooo cute!!! And that is so fun to have a cousin the same age as you! They are gonna have so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute and so sweet! My sister in law and I are due the same DAY! Crazy yes I know. So come 10/28 ish my hubby's parents will Gpa and Gma for the first time x2. His sister and husband are having a boy. So like your family, we get the best of both worlds. Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They look a lot alike! They are super cute :) So glad he is hear and healthy!!! He looks so cute and I love his round ittle chubby face!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Too Sweet! I love the side by side shots, would love to see this post again in a month!! They are going be crazy for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, how adorable! Congrats on being an auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is definitely a resemblance. Cousins are so fun! My babe won't have any quite as close in age, but she/he will have one 11 months older, 6 months older, and 3 months older ... so I still think it's pretty fun that there will be 4 all within one year of each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. He's precious, and you can sure see the family resemblance.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too cute! I love the similarities. I can see how they have the same lips and cute noses. It's always fun to have cousins the same age growing up. It's like having an automatic best friend when you're a child. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  28. He's adorable! I'm so happy for them!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So cute! He's the exact same size Ethan was when he was born.

    ReplyDelete