Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

2 Months Old



Dear Emeline,

You are 2 months old today. I'll say it again....WOW--time flies. I just adore every second of being your mommy. You have the sweetest little personality that keeps coming out more and more with each passing day. You are truly a joy and you light up our life like you wouldn't imagine. You are my little miracle, and you are loved more then you can even fathom.

This past month has been amazing. Your smiles light up a room. You started coo'ing and making the gosh-darn cutest noises I've ever heard. You are attempting to giggle, and it's so fun! I think the real, full-blown laughing will be coming soon. You smile lots when people talk to you, and your 'famous' coo-sound comes out as if you're saying "Hiiii!" in a very high pitched voice. Seriously adorable.


You don't love tummy time, but you like it more if I lay next to you and talk to you while you're down there. You've rolled from belly to back multiple times this month, and that was exciting. You absolutely LOVE your playmat--even more then last month. You play on it multiple times a day, talking to the toys, grabbing them, and swinging them around. You're really starting to work on some hand-eye coordination. Your legs are getting so strong! You really like to kick them and lock them while on our laps and try to stand. You have pretty much full neck control and you turn when we talk to you. You now notice our puppy, Mac and he makes you smile, too.


You're weighing between 11lbs 11oz, and measuring about 23" in length. So, you're still a little girl--to me, anyway. You still fit pretty well in most of your newborn size clothes, but I'm finding now that 0-3 month outfits are starting to fit. It's kind of fun to have all new options in your wardrobe, but I admit--I cried a few tears when I put away some things you outgrew. Your new baby hairs are looking like they're coming in blonde, and your eyes are still very much blue.

Look at the chunk! Love it!

Ever since the day you turned 6 weeks old, you've been sleeping one long 6 hour stretch, and then another 3-4 hours. A few times, you even slept about 7 1/2 hours straight, it was amazing. For your age, you really are a great sleeper and I can't complain! You even can fall asleep on your own while laying in your bassinet or swing, but you love your soothing seahorse right by your side. You still don't have any interest in a pacifier.

You really got yourself into a bedtime routine in the last two weeks. You eat at 7:30pm, then get a bath (which you LOVE), a nice lotion massage, a little play and cuddle time, eat again, swaddle--and off to dreamland by 9:00-9:30. You still sleep in the bassinet next to me, but I'm hoping by next month to get you into the crib once things become consistent.

I can't even explain to you how much joy it brings me to have you as a daughter. I love having a girl. You are my most favorite shopping-buddy, ever. I adore the 'you and me' time we get all day long. Lots of strangers stop to get a good look at you and comment on your cuteness when we're out. It never gets old.


We love you so, so, so, so, soooooo much.

I'm already proud of the little person you're becoming.


Love,

Momma


~*~

How you looked this month:
(To see last month's collage, go here.)


26 comments:

  1. She really is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. It's funny how she either looks JUST like her daddy or JUST like her mommy in each of those pictures. I hope to meet her someday...sooner than later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just a DOLL!!!! The pics are precious and can't believe how quickly she is growing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. time sure does go fast :) She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet! I love the collages :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. these posts are so nice! i'm sure she will love reading them when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is so precious! Our little girls sound so alike, I wish they could be friends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's adorable, Katie! I can't believe she's already two months old. I love the monthly collages too. Thanks for sharing your journey through motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is simply adorable! I love that she's got a little chunk now! You are one lucky mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is SOO cute! Happy 2 months Emeline! Love the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is just so sweet!! It's so neat to see the difference between 1-2 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 2 months! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so precious! She makes me even more anxious to meet my baby girl! Loooove her collages. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is precious! I love that little surprise face down in the collage! Too cute! It does go by fast, right?! Happy 2 mos. Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you do this to keep track of how she's changing. It's a great idea. She's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. She gets cuter every day! She's got such a perfect little face, I love it! I'm so happy for you katie! She's just a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  16. She gets cuter every day! She's got such a perfect little face, I love it! I'm so happy for you katie! She's just a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is no way your sweet girl is 2 months old already! The time has flown by! I love all of the pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like a broken record: she's so adorable!!! Love the collage at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She's getting so big! Even though I've only met her once, that kind of makes me sad:( She's growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cutest.Baby.Ever! Until September that is ....

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a doll :) Happy 2 months Emeline!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, I agree, cutest baby ever! Love her chunk!

    ReplyDelete
  23. She has to be the cutest baby I've ever seen! I also love all the hats and headbands. Where did you find them all?

    ReplyDelete