Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Confession

I have a confession.

While it may have appeared that last week was any old week for me--it wasn't.

I spent my entire week at the beach, on family vacation.

I chose not to write about it in 'real time' per-say, for, well-multiple reasons. One of the big reasons was wanting to allow myself all the time to just relax, enjoy family, my daughter, my husband, the beach and the pool without worrying about getting my laptop out and secluding myself. [Some of my twitter friends may have seen a few tweets alluding to me being away.]

So...I decided to write pre-posts for the whole week we were gone. Literally, everyday--at 8am, a new post appeared and I didn't have to whip out my laptop at all while on vacation to blog.

In one sense, it was nice.

But, I'll be honest--I missed it. My blog is my therapy. My crazy ramblings keep me calm. They help me process through things. My writing helps me put my life in perspective. Writing in my blog makes me feel, well....good. I love it.

So, basically what I'm trying to say is, I missed the old blog.

I missed you all.

Whether you didn't realize my absence at all-I certainly did, and I'm glad to be back.

Over the last 7 days, though--I enjoyed lots of pool time, nightly walks to the beach, watching sunsets, baby-wearing, delicious food, splendid pool-side drinks, shopping, ice cream, and sharing moments with my little and big family.

It was great.

It really was.

But, I'm so glad to be home, too. There's something so awesome about coming back to the comfort of your home. Really. I wouldn't want it any other way.

So, I'm cozying up today with Declan and sweet Emeline ---enjoying the last of this "holiday vacation" (He's off work today, hooray!), and enjoying this place we call home.

I'll be back tomorrow with some great photos from beach week, but for now...I'll leave you with this:


Emeline's very first time ever seeing the beach, at 7 weeks old.

ps: she's 8 weeks old TODAY. Yikes! Time flies.

Happy Monday!



16 comments:

  1. I love coming home after vacation -- I totally agree that there is something just.. fabulous about being in your own bed! :)

    Love the picture of the three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...it sounds like you had a blast, Katie! Glad you were able to get away and relax for a little bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice family photo! You all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great family photo! glad you were able to find time to relax! i was a little envious of your tweets. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogger breaks are always nice but if you love to blog you would naturally miss it. I just started following your blog. Love your free spirited writing. And my name is Katie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so glad you had a great time - and what an awesome picture - your whole family is just so darn photogeneic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back from a wonderful vacation. How did little Mac do with being at a kennel?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a week of perfection. So glad you enjoyed it and that family picture is precious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree. I love vacation, but I love coming home almost just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to have you back! Love the family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing great stories about the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad ya'll had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation! Can't wait to see all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great vacation! I did the same thing when we were gone a few weeks ago. I was behind in my blogging anyway and it was a good time to get caught up. Plus I wasn't posting where we were. Now I just have to work on our vacation posts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha! I had no idea!! Glad you had a great vacation, sounds fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you had a fab time at the beach - I'm so ready for a beach trip! I confess, I pre-schedule a LOT of my posts. I write when it comes to me or I have time (or, let's be honest, am procrastinating) and then look to see when would be a good time to post it, set the "timer" and go on my way :) The only problem is sometimes I forget when I've scheduled something and I get confused when people start commenting on it, ha!

    ReplyDelete