Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Fragments

Last night I took Emeline for her first walk in the stroller [wait for it...] WITHOUT being in the carrier. Meaning, she sat like a big (little) girl in the stroller facing forward and all. You know what? It was a major success. She LOVES looking around. She was totally chill the whole time. Maybe this is why she hated walks before? Who knows. But now I officially have no excuse not to go out walking more often.

This weekend we have a retreat for our church...it literally starts tonight, is all day tomorrow, and most of the day Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm already exhausted thinking about having to keep Emeline semi-quiet throughout the whole thing. It will definitely be a challenge, for sure. We'll make it work, as usual.

I switched the cushions on the couch because Mac sits in one.darn.spot ALL day long and made a huge dent on the top of one. So, I rearranged the cushions and re-puffed them--and moved "his" cushion to the other end of the couch. And you know what? The darn dog now sits on the OTHER side. I really didn't think he'd be that smart. But he knows which cushion he's worked-in, apparently. So much for evening out my dented-up cushions.

I am absolutely soaking in the whole nightly bath time routine. The actual "bath" part--honestly...hurts my back. Hunching over the tub, washing her little body--it's kind of uncomfortable on your back AND your knee's...not gonna lie. BUT--the AFTER bath routine. I HEART...like BIG time. It is seriously ranked up there as my most favorite part of the day. She smells like absolute baby-heaven-goodness, and is just plain 'ole cute and fun to talk to in silly baby voices, hear her sweet baby coo's, lotion and powder her tiny body, and it's oh so fun to blow raspberries on her tummy and hear her let out little baby giggles. I'm a pile of love-mush by end of it all. The best part is that Declan and I always do it together. I really love the family time.

I spent some time on some mommy blogs yesterday. Honestly, I don't get much time to just peruse "top" blogs and such. The thing I found absolutely appalling was how mean some of the comments these ladies were getting. Literally, cruel comments. It made me want to cry. I was upset...no...kind of pissed, actually. Seriously? Who sits around like a coward behind their computer, being virtual bullies?! Maybe its the teacher in me that gets so aggrevated by idiots like that. But, good Lord. If you don't like the way people write, portray their life, or their plain old outlook on life, then sweet Jesus, DON'T read their blog. Seems pretty simple to me. But, apparently not.

A bunch of you have signed up already for my headband giveaway. If you missed yesterday's post--then feel free to go.enter.NOW.

A few days ago I won a giveaway, myself over at Jessica's blog. I'm super excited about it because it's a Skip*Hop DUO diaper bag! Those things are awwwesome and I've been totally eyeing them up the past few months- for reals. I will be peering out my blinds all day waiting for Mr. UPS man to come drop it off--because, it's due here today! Squeeeee! Thanks Jess!

Happy Friday!

20 comments:

  1. Virtual bullies is so true!! The mean comments are just so wrong!! I totally agree, if you don't like what they have to say then just don't read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree with you more on the blog haters leaving comments. From the teacher in me, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all! And don't read the blog darn it! It's that simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get overwhelmed sometimes by how cruel some comments are on blogs! And it's so true...it's cowardly to sit behind a computer and be a bully.

    Your headbands are sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously! It's so awful how people can be sometimes. I've seen a couple of bloggers just totally turn off their comments because of it.
    I LOVE the after bath time. You're right. Baby-heaven-goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love bath time too! I got a foot stool/storage container, from Buy Buy Baby, that I sit on and it works great? Ethan loves his baths so I had to find a comfy way to give him them since he could sit there forever if I let him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend! I hope the retreat is excellent. About the bathtime, is there a certain bath tub or any other bath supplies that you would recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never understood the mommy blog bashing. It seems like it always happens when a mom is making money--so WHAT if they are making money?! Props to them for making money doing something they love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend bought me the Skip Hop for my diaper bag (which I would never have gotten myself), and I LOVE it. Love. It's so cute I don't mind carrying it around. So yay on the win!

    And I'm the internet bully. I have numerous aliases and spend ALL day, every day, stalking people and leaving mean comments. I've got so much extra time on my hands, so why not?

    (seriously. gotta wonder about people. they probably kick puppies too.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, it sounds like she had a good time!
    I don't get why people leave mean comments. I mean really, they must be very negative and hate their life. It's a blog community, come on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny.. I switched our couch cushions the other day because I (yes, me!) was denting one from nursing in it so often. At least I know to stay off of the mostly used one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree....if someone doesn't have anything nice to say then DON'T SAY IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i use one of those gardening mats/kneeling cushion to rest my knees on and it works wonders.

    http://www.amazon.com/Bond-6927-Extra-Kneeling-Cushion/dp/B001IDZAEE/ref=pd_sbs_ol_11

    i only chose think link bc i liked it but amazon has tons to choose from. i saw one for $5 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading about your bath time. I CAN'T WAIT for that! As for those virtual bullies, I agree--don't stinkin' read them! If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all! (Guess it's the teacher in me, too, hehe)

    My aunt bought me a cushion/organizer for bath time. Obviously I won't need to use it for a few more months, but I've heard it does wonders for your knees.

    Have a blessed Friday :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Email me about which blog you are talking about b/c I have to tell you something about one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hehe. That is too funny about your dog....sounds like something mine would do! So much for trying to even out the lumps!

    Have fun at your retreat this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree that it is INSANE the amount of negative comments people will leave.

    Congrats on winning a giveaway! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cruel comments suck! I've never had one myself but what a weird thing to sit around and do! Anyway... Lol happy strolling! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute blog; just found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally agree with the bath comments. My back and knees kill, but it is so sweet at the same time:-) Glad she likes forward facing in her stroller! Our little girl loves it that way too...

    ReplyDelete
  20. There's one mommy blog I visit that seems to stir up the occassional drama in mommy blog land. Mommy forums (like the bump) are like that too. I think it's the anonymity people feel behind their computers. And when it's a nameless, faceless being they're communicating with, I think they forget there's an actual PERSON there. Women are so judgemental of each other as parents. And I've been totally guilty of doling out that judgement, but I'm trying to be more open and accepting of people's differences. I think what people need most is support, and unfortunately, those mean spirited comments DO NOT HELP.

    ReplyDelete