Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Tidbits

-There was a time when Emeline did NOT like baths...but, ever since we moved her to the big tub=heaven. She just loves it! We even started getting out some of her toys. It makes the whole bath-time experience more fun, in my opinion. Soon enough she'll really be able to play with them, too.

We had a little picture-taking fun at bathtime last night:




-I started water-marking my photos as you can see above. I also gave my blog a copyright (as you can see below if you're ON my blog and not on Google Reader). There are some Creepy McCreepsters out there who have been stealing people's pictures and forming fake blogs with others photos and such. I most certainly do not want anyone claiming my little cutie as their own. So, watermarks it is! Oh, and if you ever see any of my photo's elsewhere--do tell, please. I'll love you forever for watching my back.

-Miss EmeKay found her thumb. It was only a matter of time. I, too was a thumb-sucker. I mean, Emeline has never took to a pacifier--so, I guess she needed to find something else to soothe her. She doesn't do it often, but sometimes I'll hear this loud sound, and sure enough--she's got her thumb. Oh, and please, spare the "she'll get buck-teeth" comments. I turned out just fine. ;)

-I've started experimenting with more headband-making. What can I say? When I get the urge--I get the urge. I had lots of fun yesterday playing around, and this is what I got:


I think she's pretty thrilled she get's to reap the benefits, eh...?

uh....or maybe not?

-Just for fun, we brought out the bumbo the other day. She sat in it for just a few minutes, but man! That girl has some major neck control. I still think she's a bit young for it (and yes, I know all about how it can be bad for them before they know how to sit up on their own, etc)--but, I still think this photo is pretty stinkin' cute. She looks so old!


-Oh, and I decided out of the blue yesterday that I want to re-do the guest bathroom. Since, well--it's basically the baby's bathroom now, I want it a little more kid friendly. I got the shower curtain today, and cute hand-towels-but I still have a handful of DIY art projects to do in there. When it's done, I'll be sure to show photo's, of course.

-I've been getting much better about making dinner. I guess that since she's 2 months old now, it's about time. Either way, I'm proud of myself--baby steps...baby steps...

...and that's all I got.

Happy Tuesday!

24 comments:

  1. She looks so itty bitty in that big bumbo seat!!! I love redoing a bathroom!! It's my one room in my house that changes the most!!
    The headbands, amazing!! Those are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lawdy, could she get any cuter?? And the headbands are precious!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute. I love those headbands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...I need to get on this copyright thing...how did you do it? (No rush on the answer. I know you're busy!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute! We have those letters too-just got them! My Emeline loves her bath too-and water in general! And she looks amazingly precious in that Bumbo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those headbands are so cute!

    My little sis was a thumb sucker until she was about 5, her teeth are perfectly straight and she never had braces. I think that is an old tale to get kids to quit sucking thier thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those headbands are adorable! She is precious :) Oh and I too was a thumbsucker for MANY years and I turned out just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is the sweetest thing! What gorgeous pictures! I too am so worried about people stealing pics...i think i need to watermark mine too! URGH so annoying!! I make headbands and hairbows too how fun is it??!! Too bad no babies for me yet...it was my close friends daughters who inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the headbands!!! I know how you made the yellow one (from your previous post), but how did you make the blue and green ones? And those pictures are just heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please, Please, Please share how you made the blue flower headband!! I've made the rolled flowered ones, but Love the blue one you made!!!

    Oh and EmeKay is adorable as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started watermarking everything too because you just never know and it only takes two sec!!

    Emeline LOOKS exactly like you! Maybe it's the eyes? Not sure but I do think she takes after you :) She's so stinkin' cute!

    Love the headbands you made for her :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is getting big! Isn't it so funny that babies don't like baths but as you get older you CRAVE them?! (or I do, at least lol) Seriously could sit in the bath for 30 minutes.

    That is scary about stealing pictures. I watermarked mine for a bit. Creepers ruin everything. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, the bumbo pic is precious...her face reads like "uhhhh....mom, really? this chair is WEIRD."

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, as always. Will you do a tutorial on how to make those headbands?? If I have a girl, I would love know how to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the headbands. How did you make the blue one and he green one?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the headbands. How did you make the blue one and he green one?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Would you mind a little watermarking tutorial? And for the record, I think binkies are way worse than thumb sucking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeay! I love her! I want to get a bumbo for Nathan. He is super strong already and I think he would really enjoy it at 11 weeks old!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love the bumbo chair and I love those headbands . . make a bunch and sell them or do lots and lots of giveaways ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. She looks scared to death in the Bumbo. Haha! Gosh, she is seriously adorable. Those blue eyes are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the photos, and the headbands. Her sweet expression in the Bumbo photo is so cute. Thanks for your help with the post dated blog posts. Funny I've been blogging for almost 4 years and you just taught me something. Thanks. Can't wait to see what you do with the bathroom.

    Take Care,
    Lisa

    P.S. thank you for the watermark help too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh she is so adorable!! And if I ever see your little cutie I'll let you know! How crazy that people steal pictures and make up fake blogs, I mean, don't people have something better to do?

    ReplyDelete
  23. She just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!! Those headbands are soo precious on her!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ohhhh tell me that you are selling those headbands!!!!! they are SO so so so cute!!! and so is your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete