Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A typical vacation day...

Our day's went something like this:

There was lots of morning lounging around.
Here are my parents with their three cute granddaughters getting in lots of early morning cuddles.

Sometime around 11 or so [or when we felt like it]...we'd get ready to go out to the private pool at the beach house.

We'd enjoy the family time, outside, in the beautiful weather...

...and Emeline soaked up having a whole week with her Daddy.

The Little Miss would get exhausted, and take a nap in the shade....poolside, of course.

Then we'd take lots of opportunities for photo-ops...and EmeKay wouldn't even open her eyes for this one.
We'd enjoy a delicious, summer beverage.
We'd all get bathed and dressed for the evening.

We'd either cook a yummy dinner in---or we'd go out.
[We mostly cooked in--each family unit took responsibility for a meal...and then we had dinner out at a nice seafood restaurant, as pictured.]
Then, we'd take a nightly walk to the ocean...
...or to the bay-side to watch the sunset.
Then, my mom would use her baby-whispering skills to get my daughter sound asleep...
[Trust me...she is an AH-maaa-zing mom-mom...I contemplated asking her to move in with me after this trip...just not sure how my dad would handle that ;) tehe...]

...and the rest of us would play games, hang out on the decks, watch movies...shoot the breeze...

...because we could.

We were on vacation.

27 comments:

  1. How cute is she in her little summer gear. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice, relaxing vacation!

    Emeline is too cute in her bikini :-)

    I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I've been out of town, sans internet, for the last week and a half, so I've just spent the better of the morning catching up on all your posts! Glad you and the hubs were able to get away for a fun beach vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a perfect vacation...good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos and a great opportunity for some family time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing vacation. Nothing beats a beach vacation. It’s a vacation in every sense of the world. So glad you had a great time and beautiful pictures!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like a wonderful vacation! Glad you all could get together and do that. What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Drooling over your vacation here. Your whole family is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved all the pictures! Look like y'all had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg, baby bikini is the sweetest thing ever!!! and your beachy hair is gorge =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of how cute and beachy your hair looks in all these pics! Mine is a frizzy mess right now no matter how much gel or curly products I use. Yuck.

    LOVE the little bikini! Your little miss has one rockin' wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are the BEST vacation days! My in-laws go to Hatteras every year or so and that's exactly what our weeks are like! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like so much fun! And Emeline looks so adorable in her swimming outfit! I really need a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved all the pictures of your little one enjoying her first vacay. Glad you guys had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That seems so peaceful and blissful. I'm so glad you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks wonderful. Glad you got to enjoy that! I think your little girl looks a lot like you in some of those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a great vacation! I'm hoping we'll take a big family vacation soon! I want to go back to the place in Kentucky where we used to go on big family vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously? Babies in bikinis? *Dies*

    That beach house looks amazing, makes me want to start researching one with a pool for next summer! And I'm totally jealous of your cute-even-when-wet pool hair!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that bikini baby is rockin'!

    My mom is a baby whisperer, too. Must be all that mom experience they have!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the pictures. Her swimsuit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww. I love vacation, and I LOVE your little family photos! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love all the pictures and it looks like an amazing trip. I think you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a nice, relaxing vacation. Emeline looks as relaxed as I'd like to feel, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun vacation. Hope you had a wonderful time! Your little one looks just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your vacation and family pics! There's nothing like being with your mom!! Mine lives 1500 miles away so everytime she's with me, I just wanna stay with her. I know your mom has grandchildren from your bro but I was wondering what its like for her to have a grandchild from her daughter?!

    ReplyDelete