Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yesterday

We woke up yesterday to find cloudy, dark skies. I've learned to love those rainy, overcast days now that I don't have to go out. Before? I used to dread a rainy day.


So, we decided (okay, I decided) that we'd just make the most of staying indoors today. We declared it "stay in your sweatpants" day. Since we were staying in, of course, in true Katie fashion, I took out my beloved camera for a little goofy photo shoot.

and yes...that is spit up she is sporting on her lips. Classy, no?
ps: she DID have sweatpants on...they just happened to not make it on her after a diaper change. Don't judge, k?

I decided she just looked extra-cute and cuddly for some reason. Must be those cheeks. They are chunkin' up like.big.time. She gets that from her mother.
She already knows how to work a camera. This is her "drama" pose. And yes, my daughter is sporting a faux-hawk. We decided to 'live a little' and have some fun (okay, again...I decided).
People started getting sleepy around here. By "people" I mean Mac, and Emeline. Me? I never nap. But my puppy and my baby--they are nappers. Like, hardcore.

This is our FIRST "hold out the camera and take a picture of us" photo we've done (NOT in a mirror). Other then her post-nap sad/red eyes...I think it turned out pretty great.

After hours of doing nothing other then loving on my baby, reading books to her, playing with toys, tummy time, and naptime in my arms...I finally realized-I needed to do something. By 'something' I mean, things around the house.

And don't get me wrong, because I do believe that all those things I did with my daughter were completely, 100% productive. Good old quality time, man. It's precious.

So, I decided to break out a Baby Einstein DVD we received at our baby shower.

...and I set the babe up with a prime viewing spot:
1. NO, that coke zero is not hers :)
2. I decided not to keep her there, because after taking a picture I realized how ridiculous it was, and-it wasn't quite as comfy as this:

And that my friends? That is a face of a mesmorized child. She coo'ed, let out almost-giggles, and did lots of smiling and wiggling the.entire.time.

I swore she was too young for this:

But apparently, her 2.5 month old mind can totally be wrapped around the madness that is Baby Einstein.

...and by "madness" I mean crazy, ingenius, 'how the heck did you come up with this?', 'this is totally amazing stuff!'.

I was able to fill out some paperwork, unload and re-load the dishwasher, AND eat a late lunch all without any interruption. It was truly amazing.

So was our entire lazy day.

I quite liked it.

27 comments:

  1. I can't get over how cute she is! Glad you had a nice day together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such precious pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Einstein is the best when you need to get some things done around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a totally lovely day! she is just too cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your daughter is ADORABLE! Glad the 2 of you had a fun relaxing day together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very productive! Good for you! sweatpants day sounds like a fabulous idea. p.s. very glad mac is getting along well. I'm nervous about our spoiled puppy! but I'm hoping we'll have a good outcome like you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely, lovely day together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like our day here too (except we didn't go out because it was too hot). I've been meaning to get one of the baby Einstein DVD's. Good to know it works on a 2 month old too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely going to have to invest in Baby Einstein!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just now catching up on your blog - Congrats on your beautiful baby girl! She is absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. these pictures are so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I love how you propped her up on the ottoman to watch the show! Too funny. She is just so adorable. Good for you for getting everything completed :) Thanks to baby Einstein!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I am totally thinking that we need to invest in Baby Einstein!

    Love all these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your day sounds marvelous. I will have to make sure to pick up one of these Baby Einstein videos...I had no idea they were actually for baby. Oh so many things to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love her chunky cheeks they are adorable.. and your photo shoot looked fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love rainy days!

    You have an ipad?!!?! Do you use it as much as you thought you would? I've been debating on getting one since my mac is a laptop...I'm not sure I would have a use for the ipad since it seems to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love her prime viewing spot...too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love lazy days. Sounds like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Baby sweatpants are the cutest thing ever. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. awww.. those are the best days! I'm so, so, so looking forward to those days! Just me, my girl, and a rainy day in! And I love how you placed her to watch the show! She looks so super cute and comfy!
    I'm glad Baby Einstein is working out for you guys! I'm going to register for some myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. just happened across your blog and I love it so cute your daughter is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't lie. You know Emeline was chillaxin' in front of the tube sippin' on that Coke Zero like a champ!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the onesie and the lazy day.

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  24. Do you not just sit around and kiss those chubby cheeks all day long??? My baby is a chunker too, and I LOVE it. lol.
    Definitely going to be checking out Baby Einstein. However, he really seems to enjoy Paula Deen right now. hehe. Yeah, totally his idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. She can have a little soda...it won't hurt...wink, wink!

    LOVE these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I could SO go for one of those days right now....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Totally hear ya, on the rainy days! That is awesome that Baby Einstein already works for her! Seriously the people who made it are genious! Who knew the simplest things could be so entertaining for the little ones! :)

    ReplyDelete