Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

3 Months Old


Dear Emeline,


You are 3 months old today. You've officially been on this earth, making it a more pretty place for a quarter of a year! I cannot believe how quickly the time goes. I almost forget what life was like before you came. Although it feels fast, it also feels like I've known you forever.

Until I look at side by side photos, I almost can't believe how much you've grown:

This month, your personality is coming out like CrAzY, lady. You are a squealing little chatterbox, and you know it makes us laugh...so you just keep doing it. I honestly didn't think you'd be such a little ham, but you totally are, and I'm loving it. We affectionately refer to you as Miss Chatty Kathy the last few days, because you talk ALL the time. I am convinced that this squealing thing is your laugh, because its accompanied by 290382 smiles and the brightest.eyes.ever.


Everyone comments how strong you are for your age. Your neck is completely stable, you're trying to sit up already, when you lay on the ground you whip your head around to see when any of us (me, Mac or Daddy) walk into another room. You want to know where we are all times. You have such strong legs. You almost rolled over from back to belly multiple times last night, you got thisclose and then gave up. Anyday now you'll be rolling around the house. You've managed to use your legs, however to scoot your little body in a circle when you're playing on your playmat.


When you sit in your carseat, you play with your little dangling toys now. Sometimes we hear the 'crunchy' sound and look back and you're petting them. It's adorable. You also are so very aware of your surroundings and people you know, now.

This past week we moved you to your crib. It was so hard on me, but you didn't seem to mind it one bit. Your sleeping habits are not too consistent lately. We start your bedtime routine around 8:15pm, where you get a bath (which you love), a book, singing sometimes, and a swaddle and snuggle. You're usually asleep no later then 9pm and then wake one time between 3:30 and 4am. You go back down till about 7:30am. I'm waiting for you to drop that middle of the night feeding, but right now you are acting very hungry so I'm pretty sure you still need it. That, or you just like spending a little time with me in the middle of the night. Either way, in your own time, little girl. I know the full blown long nights sleep will come soon enough.

[Aunt Sue made you this onesie before you were even born!]

You're losing most of your dark brown baby hair. It's really starting to come in blonde. Your eyebrows are super blonde! You have the prettiest blue eyes that I'm going to bet are here to stay. You take after your daddy that way. This month, most people are still saying you look like your Dad, but, there are still the handful of people that say we look a ton alike. Either way, you are such a pretty lady.

You are for sure over 12lbs now, but I don't know specifics since our next doctors appointment isn't until you are 4 months old. I'm proud to say that we made it to 3 months of exclusively breastfeeding...and we're gonna keep on that track for a while. I'm so glad you're healthy and strong.


Our sweet little EmeKay, we love you to heaven and back. You bring us endless smiles and laughs all day long, and it is so much fun (TRULY) to watch you grow. And LEARN! Ach! You are learning, kid.

We love you so very much...

more then a million sour patch kids...

xoxo,

Momma


How you looked this month:



32 comments:

  1. She is just so adorable!

    I LOVE that little owl outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time sure has flown by! Thanks for sharing all the adorable pictures of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so pretty, Katie! Congrats on the 3 month b-feeding mark! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is adorable! I have a 6mo daughter and am smitten, to say the least :). I LOVE the fabric flower headband she's wearing! Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little lady is so cute! I'm expecting my first little one in October and I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 3 months pretty little lady! Love the picture of her little toes painted! She is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is amazing just how much she has changed; even in just the pictures from the last month! I love the owl outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww, she really has changed so much!!!!! And seriously, she has the most stunning eyes EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. just precious!!! love the owl outfit, too. Where's it from?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How is she 3 months already???? I can't believe it!

    And...where is the owl dress from? I need that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 3 months to your PRECIOUS baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. she is so pretty!! I too love that owl dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh she is adorable - and wow three months already?! I feel like it was just yesterday you were pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is such a beautiful baby and has such animated eyes! Happy 3 months, sweet Emeline!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dare I say she is starting to look A LOT like her gorgeous Momma :)

    I used to think she was a spitting image of her dad (and she still favors him a lot) but she is looking more and more like you!

    Happy 3 months, sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy 3 month Miss Emeline! You are absolutely adorable! You have gotten so big! You also have one amazing mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy 3 months little Miss! She really is adorable. I definitely see a lot of you in her. Isn't it funny how everyone notices something different? It took me forever to see myself in my oldest daughter, but everywhere we go people say she is the spitting image of me.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! She's already 3 months? She has really grown the last month!! So adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is adorable! I think she looks a LOT like you in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow time is flying! She's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, she really has grown so much since her 1 month picture! I love her owl outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my! she is getting so big. Holy crap, 3 months already?? wow. I definitely think she looks like you, so way to go! haha

    ReplyDelete
  23. She's getting bigger and bigger by the day! Grow, girl, grow!

    ReplyDelete
  24. She is absolutely precious!! I can't believe how much she has changed! I definitely think she is favoring you! :)
    Happy 3 Months!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Her blue eyes are adorable....ohmygosh they are so pretty! I can't get over it!

    And I LOVE that little owl outfit. It's just too cute :)

    I can't believe she's 3 months already.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I just adore that first picture of her. Time goes way to fast. She is so cute. Love her big eyes in some of the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What!!!
    3 months already? Where is the time going. I love the first picture in the collage :)

    Good work Mama (and Daddy, now that I know Declan is going to read this too)

    Take Care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  28. P.S.

    Where is that owl dress from???? I need it for Olivia!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete