Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Friday Fragments

I'm pretty sure my days...weeks...heck, MONTHS are flying by at a crazy pace since having a baby. Why? Oh, probably because I'm off school and not working. If I were working? You betcha they'd be creeping by at a snail's pace. Pshhh...such is life, I guess.

I started working on my Etsy shop. I'm not going to be 'launching' it quite yet...I really want to get about 20 more items up there first. Problem is? I have to make said items. I need time. Lots of time. With a baby, though...time is not exactly on my side. I will make it work...I will make it work. I just keep telling myself this.

My parents (and two others) flew to Zambia this week to meet my sister and brother for the last two weeks of the trip. They made it there safely, so thank you for the prayers---and if you can continue them while they're there too that'd be awesome. Appreciate it so.very.much. My sister called me the other day and said in a lighthearted tone, "DUDE! We almost DIED today in the van!!!" I was like, "Umm...kay...uhh..what happened?!" She continues to tell me how basically the driver tried to pass another driver [on a two-lane highway], but then that driver sped up and wouldn't let them pass, and then a freaking TRACTOR TRAILER came DIRECTLY at them. So the driver of their van had to quickly pull off the side of road, and did so JUST in the knick of time. Exactly like the movies, man. Scary stuff. I said, "Good thing I prayed for safe travels for you guys this morning". She's like, "Yea, for real". Moral of the story? Prayer works. The end.

The baby has been a sucky sleeper the last week. It's driving me batty-crazy-insane. I will literally lay my head down to sleep at night (or attempt), and I swear to you, the second I'm just starting to get into a somewhat deep sleep, she wakes up. It physically hurts my eyes and body like whoa to walk the 10 feet to the nursery. Sleep deprivation is the world's worst form of torture, everrrr. I cannot wait until the blissful nights of 8-10 hours of straight sleep. Honestly, it's more valuable to me then a million dollars right now. Well, maybe not a million...but....still. You get the point.

Even though my weeks don't consist of much other then a few outings and taking care of my sweet bad-sleeping daughter (oh, you know, and making headbands, cleaning, cooking, taking care of the dog, blogging, tweeting, etc), I still so much look forward to the weekends. It's so nice having Declan home, having nothing too important on the agenda, and just enjoying a little family time.

Anyone else like having a free and clear weekend? Or are you the pack-it-all-in type?!

...Happy Friday!

23 comments:

  1. I'm definitely a pack-it-all in kind of girl, but there is nothing I love more than sleep! I don't know how you mommies do it! I would be so cranky! I can't wait to see your etsy shop! Your headbands are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everyone made it over there safely! I'll continue to pray that the Lord stations angels around them.

    Poor Mommy. I hope Eme starts sleeping better real soon.

    Enjoy your weekend! I'm a combo of the two. I like to alternate busy weekends where I do LOTS of fun stuff with nothing weekends where I'm a lazy blob, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope she gets this sleep thing down soon.

    I like my weekends clear, packed weekends stress me out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a free and clear kind of girl. I get all anxious when I pack too much in. I'm adjusting though because my in-laws OVER pack-it-all-in. I'm trying to find a happy-medium. Glad to hear your family is safe!!!! (I've got them in my "prayer file") =) Have a fantabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad your family made it safely! And in my experience, people in other countries drive crazy, and it doesn't sound like it's any different in Zambia! Sorry Emeline has been a bad sleeper. It's like they can be perfect angels one week and then the next week they are a totally different kid! I am in complete agreement that the time goes by SO fast when you're not working and getting to stay home with the little one, but I'm sure that the day I start going back to work, the days will drag on like they used to, except that this time I have a baby I will want to get home to! Isn't it funny that even though you're not working outside the home, you still look forward to the weekends? I found that surprising. Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I have NOTHING on the agenda this weekend and that’s exactly how I like it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a pack-it-all-in kind of girl, but D is a free & clear kind of boy, so it works out!! Good luck with the etsy store....your headbands are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely a pack-it-all-in girl for sure! But every once in a while I like to have it free and clear too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to have free and clear weekends but it seems like it's been forever since we've had one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our weekends are always CRAZY busy--J's band almost always has a concert on one of the days, J often works overtime or side work, our softball games are Sunday evenings, and we try to visit with our families somewhere in there as well. I can't even ESTIMATE the next Saturday where we could just lounge around, which is too bad, because I LOVE those lazy days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used to like packed weekends but now with the baby I like them clear.

    Ethan has had a rough sleep schedule the last 24 hours too. I'm hoping tonight he straightens out and sleeps through the night like I know he can!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is amazing to be with our children during the day but it is so much better when the weekends role around and the husbands are home!!

    Can't wait to see your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm shooting for the "nothing planned but if something comes up, that's cool" plan but we'll see.

    BTW...I have had several compliments on my headband (double yellow and white flowers). You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I usually end up being a pack it all in person, but I really want it to be free and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sleep deprivation hurts, really hurts. I was so physically upset by the loss of sleep that my feet hurt the moment I stood up to hold my son or try to sway him back to sleep. With my daughter, my husband bought a lazyboy recliner for the nursery... it was my lifesaver! I hope she begins to sleep better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally depends on my mood, but this weekend, I'm looking forward to a free and clear one!!! :)

    Excited about your etsy shop, girl!

    Sending prayers your fam's way as they travel! May they return safe and sound (with no more close calls on the road! Whoa scary!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohmigosh - I feel like reading your blog is like reading my thoughts - that is - your post about your daughter. My son is 4 weeks old and I am experimenting on ways to get him to sleep longer and longer at night so his mommy keeps the little sanity she has left!
    Im new to motherhood and new to blogging, so its fun to read about people that are going through the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I won't lie. I like a little bit of both. I LOVE the lazy mornings where we can sleep in - and then make breakfast (waffles or pancakes!) - but I love having full evenings. It's the best of both worlds (for us) right now. :)

    I hope miss Emeline starts sleeping better so you can rest. I'm very excited for your etsy shop. I'm still in love with the green flower with the brown button you made!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember those rough nights...falling asleep nursing during the worst ones!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i Hear you about the lack of sleep. Olivia's teeth are bothering her lately and she's been getting up almost every 2 hours. I'm sure it will get better, at least that's is what I am hoping for too.

    The weekends in the summer are usually busy for us too. Thankfully this weekend is a little quiet. It's more of a play it by ear weekend.

    Take Care,
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sadly I have to study all weekend :(

    ReplyDelete
  22. Full weekend for me. Leaving on Tuesday to see family and I always feel a need to leave a spotless house behind me. I can totally relate to the Etsy shop dilemma - I've had a shop since MAY ... still nothing posted because I want to launch a stocked shop, not a half done one. As far as the sleep - Aliyah got in a really bad habit of waking up every 3 hours during the night. I stuck a binky in her for a few nights instead of feeding her and it only took 3 nights for her to kick the up-all-night-long habit.

    ReplyDelete