Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My blue eyed baby

Yesterday was one of those days. One of those day's I've grown to love. The weather report showed a chance of scattered thunderstorms, and secretly I shouted "yessss!" in my mind. I love them. Those days...


It was one of those days where the closest I got to getting ready was putting on a 5-minute-face (aka: quick makeup), pulling my hair back, and putting on a fresh nursing tank. The yoga pants? They were the same that I slept in the night before. Because? Who cares, anyway. My girl doesn't judge me.

It was one of those days where she napped...a lot. She gave her momma so much time to get stuff done for the Etsy shop I'm starting, it was pretty great. In fact, she even helped me out by posing (aka: being the cuteness that she is) and modeling some of the new headbands for me. Hence, the photos.


It was one of those days where we had spaghetti for dinner. Good 'ole spaghetti on a dark, drizzly night. The little Miss even joined us at on the table, sitting in her bumbo seat, and flashed us lots of slobbery, drooley smiles.


And it turned into one of those nights...where she ever so sweetly (ha) protested bedtime [must have been all that napping, eh?] Where we broke all the parenting rules...and where we almost lost our minds.

...and just when we think we may lose it, because ohMYgosh little girl, you should be!in!bed! she flashes us the cutest smiles and it all just seems okay.

Her pretty little face is worth it.

27 comments:

  1. Aww she is so precious! :) So sorry you haven't been sleeping well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Quick question - which nursing tanks do you like the best? I'm 30 weeks this Friday and want to start looking, but there seems to be so many styles at all different price ranges. What would you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My fav is the 2nd one! In the first pic, did you make the owl shirt/matching headband?? Glad you got a lot done! Who cares if you wore the same yoga pants and broke all the rules?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, she is just too cute for words and those EYES are to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these pictures. I love those (lazy) days!!! I look forward to them with my little man!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this question was asked but I have to know too. Did you make her owl onesie? I'm obsessed with all things owls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love how they already seem to know that if they're not doing what they're supposed to, a quick smile or giggle will win mom and dad's praises?!

    Lizzy always gets super smiley and giggles a ton right before bed. I'm pretty sure she knows that she gets to stay up later if she puts on a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is darling! I love her little outfit.. and those head bands are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you fly to The Lou and take some pics of my little man when he's born?

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had that night too. Put her down at 7 and at 10:30 she was still giving me a hard time.

    Those nights SUCK.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She has the prettiest eyes, and I love all if her little expressions! She's got a sweet little personality for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Love the headbands! What is that strap of the white one made of? It looks like it stays in place good??? Must know!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You take the cutest pictures of your girl! You have a great eye, I hope I can capture some photos half as cute when my baby boy arrives.

    I grew up in Jersey and I am way jealous of your weather, southern California weather is really boring! What I wouldn't give to curl up on the couch and listen to a good thunderstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh em gee! She is so cute ... I want to gobble her right up. If I have a son, can we arrange their marriage right now?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  16. she is the cutest thing ever! Im sorry ya'll had such a rough night last night :/ Hopefully you can get a nap with her today!!!

    Annd...I can't wait to visit your etsy shoppe once its open for business!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Katie she is seriously SO cute! I think all babies are adorable, but she is seriously reminds me of one of those perfect little baby dolls. Of course you already knew that, but I figured I'd tell ya anyway! :)

    BTW when do you plan to open the Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  18. !!! That first picture with the owl outfit and matching headband is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty girl!
    I LOVE the headbands! I know I have a boy, but I really do plan on having a girl at some point. So I might as well go on and get one right? Nothing like being prepared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's great. . . this motherhood thing, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. She really is too cute!

    When are you launching your Etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  22. She is absolutely adooooorable! Seriously, you are one lucky Mama! Why must you live so far away?? I totally wanna babysit! Hope she's been sleeping better...I'm working the nightshift now and have been seeing your late night/early morning tweets so I've been saying prayers! Happy Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is such a great model and is the cutest little thing ever!!! You go girl with your crafty self! I would buy one but I have a boy, maybe you can come up with something to make for boys :D Then I can buy it..hehe Lovin your blog as always :D

    ReplyDelete